Is It Possible | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is It Possible

Dolphin-One

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Is it possible the Dolphins and Detroit could be working on a trade involving multiple players and not just Harrington for a draft pick?

IMO - maybe Saban is offering a player (or players) for Harrington plus a Detroit draft pick (maybe offering something like Ricky Williams for Harrington plus Detroit's 3rd round pick)? Could that be the delay, waiting for Ricky's appeal results to be announced?

Wouldn't we want Charles Rogers if anybody from the Lions...that said, I don't think they're making any type of trade with the Lions for anything other than Harrington.

PhinsTD said:
Wouldn't we want Charles Rogers if anybody from the Lions...that said, I don't think they're making any type of trade with the Lions for anything other than Harrington.

i sure hope charles rogers isnt part of a trade to us. the guy is one test away from being suspended for a year. plus he cant stay on the field.

motioncityhifi said:
i sure hope charles rogers isnt part of a trade to us. the guy is one test away from being suspended for a year. plus he cant stay on the field.

Yeah but at the same time he is one hell of a talent when healthy. That would be an interesting trade trading 2 guys who are one test away from being gone for a year. I think a trade that involves Harrington, Rogers, and Detroit's 3rd for Ricky would be a sweet deal.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Yeah but at the same time he is one hell of a talent when healthy. That would be an interesting trade trading 2 guys who are one test away from being gone for a year. I think a trade that involves Harrington, Rogers, and Detroit's 3rd for Ricky would be a sweet deal.

talent means nothing. its all about production. there have been guys with all the talent in the world that have done nothing. right now rogers has scored 4 tds in 3 years. personally id leave it as harrington for our 6th next year and keep ricky.

motioncityhifi said:
talent means nothing. its all about production. there have been guys with all the talent in the world that have done nothing. right now rogers has scored 4 tds in 3 years. personally id leave it as harrington for our 6th next year and keep ricky.

I agree - it is all about production.

And although I'd like to keep Ricky, after next season (2007), he's an UFA. And with his low cap number ($545K), he's bound to be used as trade bait this year. After 2006, teams are more likely to wait another year than deal.

I see Detroit wants to trade-out of their 1st round spot (on ESPN) ... And maybe Ricky (if he wins the appeal) will be the bait that moves the Dolphins up in the draft.

If it were a straight trade (Harrington for 6th round pick in 2007) it would have been a done-deal last week. There has to be other bargaining going on perhaps over a bigger deal ... or they are waiting for the suspension appeal results to be announced. If the appeal is announced before a certain date, I look for a bigger trade with Detroit.

Maybe it is wishful thinking...

==========
In My Opinion
==========

Dolphin-One said:
I agree - it is all about production.

And although I'd like to keep Ricky, after next season (2007), he's an UFA. And with his low cap number ($545K), he's bound to be used as trade bait this year. After 2006, teams are more likely to wait another year than deal.

I see Detroit wants to trade-out of their 1st round spot (on ESPN) ... And maybe Ricky (if he wins the appeal) will be the bait that moves the Dolphins up in the draft.

If it were a straight trade (Harrington for 6th round pick in 2007) it would have been a done-deal last week. There has to be other bargaining going on perhaps over a bigger deal ... or they are waiting for the suspension appeal results to be announced. If the appeal is announced before a certain date, I look for a bigger trade with Detroit.

Maybe it is wishful thinking...

==========
In My Opinion
==========

very interesting...i just dont understand why everybody thinks detroit wants Ricky...they have kevin jones

I doubt it. The Lions have no leverage in the Harrington situation. They either have to trade him or release him in June when he's due a $4M roster bonus. The fact that they are trying to hold out, asking for a better draft pick in return, just shows how stupid Matt Millen is.

Phinfan31 said:
very interesting...i just dont understand why everybody thinks detroit wants Ricky...they have kevin jones

Imagine how much more effective Kevin Jones will be with an experienced running back like Ricky Williams? IMO, Ricky helped make Ronnie Brown more effective.

I really do not want to see Ricky traded. He adds value to the Dolphins team and carries a very low cap hit ($545,000/year). But if Saban says TRADE, then Ricky will be traded.

==========
In My Opinion
==========

I really don't think so. I think it's more of Matt Millen being a schmuck and believing that the longer he waits to pull the trigger the better he will look.

Back
Top Bottom