Is MJD for real????` | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is MJD for real????`

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
He just said that if Dan Marino is a Hall of famer then Phillip Rivers is definitely a HOFer!!! I saw it on Power Rankings on NFLN.......Fins ranked 15 BTW........SMH

Rivers is OK... I guess. He is kinda like Romo to me. Solid, makes great plays from time to time but doesn't ever really put it all together to equal team success

I guess their point is both qbs put up big numbers but didn't win a championship. I think RIvers could be a borderline HOF consideration..I think he's a better qb than RObert Brazil was a linebacker and Brazil is going on the ballot next year. I wouldn't compare Rivers to Marino talent wise, but as far a both having nice number and no title the arguement could be made I guess. I would have loved to have had Rivers at qb in Miami during most of the past 15 years.

He just said that if Dan Marino is a Hall of famer then Phillip Rivers is definitely a HOFer!!! I saw it on Power Rankings on NFLN.......Fins ranked 15 BTW........SMH

Anyone that makes that type of statement either is an angry Marino or Dolphins hater, or just never ever saw Marino play, and has no idea what he is talking about.

I guess their point is both qbs put up big numbers but didn't win a championship. I think RIvers could be a borderline HOF consideration..I think he's a better qb than RObert Brazil was a linebacker and Brazil is going on the ballot next year. I wouldn't compare Rivers to Marino talent wise, but as far a both having nice number and no title the arguement could be made I guess. I would have loved to have had Rivers at qb in Miami during most of the past 15 years.

Big numbers in the last 10 years mean little in the new world of stats post 2007 Brady/Manning rules changes....Marino was great....Rivers is good...no comparison and Rivers is not a HOF'er.

Marino was the type of player who changed the way defensive coordinators designed coverages. He was transcedent in that regard. It wasn't simply about numbers. Marino could beat double coverage simply because of the velocity and accuracy of his throws.
I recall Jim McMahon in an interview remarking that Marino could complete passes that he had no business throwing. Many of you are too young to have witnessed the phenomenon of Dan Marino in his prime.
Rivers isn't even in the same stratosphere.

Marino was the type of player who changed the way defensive coordinators designed coverages. He was transcedent in that regard. It wasn't simply about numbers. Marino could beat double coverage simply because of the velocity and accuracy of his throws.
I recall Jim McMahon in an interview remarking that Marino could complete passes that he had no business throwing. Many of you are too young to have witnessed the phenomenon of Dan Marino in his prime.
This. There is no argument one can make that compares these two QBs. It's just silly.

MJD also said the other day that Andy Reid is a better HC than Bill Belichick.

Someone needs to check MJD into an insane asylum.
He said th
MJD also said the other day that Andy Reid is a better HC than Bill Belichick.

Someone needs to check MJD into an insane asylum.
you sure he wasn't talking about how they match up in a cheesesteak eating contest???

Marino had no equal in his time.

'84 TD passing leaders:
1. Marino - 48
2. Dave Craig -32
3. Neil Lomax - 28
4. Joe Montana - 28
5. Lynn Dickey - 25

'86 TD passing leaders:
1. Marino - 44
2. Ken Obrien - 25
3. Boomer Esiason - 24
4. Tommy Kramer - 24
5. Jay Schroeder - 22

I agree 100% that Rivers isn't in Marino's class. I was just saying if his point is that both qbs had great passing numbers but no titles than I guess Rivers would warrant some consideration for the Hall of Fame. Obviously MArino was a first ballot no brainer selection. RIvers has had a very good career it will be interesting to see how it plays out between he and Eli MAnning. Rivers has better numbers but not tiltes. ELi has two Super Bowl rings but statiticlly is nothhing special. I think a two time Super Bowl winner will get more votes.

Back
Top Bottom