Is Sean Smith is a crack addict or just plain stupid? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Sean Smith is a crack addict or just plain stupid?

All our FA's know that Ireland has a fistful of cash this year and they are all going to ask more than they are worth. Smith it worth no more than 5M per year and that is being generous IMO. The guy is way overrated by Dolphans....he isn't a very good corner. He started out good at the beginning of the year...but go back and look how many PI's he was getting. The guy can only cover if he interferes.

Teams that overpay for average talent don't win. They only get into cap hell down the line.

You overpay for elite talent or if you are 1-2 guys away from putting you in the Super Bowl hunt. Miami is much more than 1-2 guys away from competing for a SB.
Exactly, besides there's been cornerbacks this year's playoffs that don't even make 4 million and played up to par or better than Smith has that last half of the regular season.

Last year starting caliber free agent corners got $10 million per season. If he takes $7 million, do it.

Starting caliber CBs should make 8-10 million a year. The problem for Smith is that he's not a starting caliber CB. He was picked on like the skinny kid in gym class this year and makes no plays at all. His coverage skills are weak, his tackling is weak, and has 0 ball skills. Let him go and draft a CB or two this year. Another high pick thats never going to reach his potential and become a great player. Ireland busted on another pick, what else is new, let's move on.

A smart football team that hopes to compete WILL NEVER overpay for a player like Smith.

Sean Smith is the worst CB in the NFL at getting Interceptions. As the OP also states, Pro Football Focus charted him with more combined first downs and touchdowns allowed than any NFL cornerback in 2012.

So, he doesn't get turnovers and he is among the worst statistically at allowing TD's and 1st downs.

Do not overpay. If he truly wants to leave, draft a replacement, or sign one.

Can't see Miami paying even $7 million for Smith, let alone 10. Adios, Sean.

This makes me want to roundhouse kick him in the throat. :lol:

What a f'ing clown, there is obviously no desire in TEAM wins to this man if he wants to eat up that much of our cap, kick his ass out the door, and by saying that, I mean it in the most literal form.

smith's price is likely to go down once all the other CBs hit the market. I'm betting he doesn't want to take the chance that he'll get less than 7 mil, and signs before the FA period.

Let Smith go. He can't make a play to save his life. He is a below average number 2 corner. If there is any doubt, cue up the Indianapolis game. I'd sign him for average number 2 corner money, but that's not what he wants. So, let him walk.

Sign Lewis from the Steelers to take his spot. Possibly Grimes if his injury healed. People say Rodgers-Cromartie is over-rated, but he can at least make a play from time to time. DRC may give up some plays, but so does Smith.

If he's soft then why pay him anything? just let him walk 5-6 milllion just to have him on the team, when he can't intercept the empire state building, and he gets beat plenty by wide receivers, he gives up first downs because he's scared to get beat, so he let's the receiver catch the ball and then he tackles them, as a matter of fact my Grandma could shake on smith.

I agree, if he's not on sports center he ain't doing squat but being basic.

the fact bhe wantgs over 5 million is amazing to me lol

Well if there is one thing we have all learned about Jeff Ireland it is this, he doesn't like to overpay, or even pay what they are worth. I'm not sure if his hard nose negotiating tactics are good or not, but thats the way he is. There is NO WAY he overpays for Smith. Hes gonna low ball him so hard it'll make his head spin. We may end up keeping him for a reasonable price, but dont expect us to try and match any offers he gets. We will offer him a contract that Ireland thinks is the most he can give him, and they will stick to it even if it means he walks.

Back
Top Bottom