Is Sean Smith is a crack addict or just plain stupid? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Sean Smith is a crack addict or just plain stupid?

Sean "ShutDown" Smith sure has fallen from the good graces of FH.:tumbleweed:

On what basis does this guy set his expectations? He has 5 career INTs in 64 GS. He is a poor tackler. He doesn't make plays on the ball. He doesn't shut down opposing WRs - the only thing he's good at is playing press coverage against the bigger, slower WR types. He walks we won't notice. Spend the money on Long before Smith. And if we franchise him it suggests Ireland is completely incompetent.

The biggest thing that bothers me about Sean Smith is... he is soft! Translation - he's not a football player.

Royalshank referred to his production of 5 INT's in 64 Games... he's the defensive version of Brian Hartline. Good player, makes some plays, hasn't developed himself physically and doesn't produce.

To be fair it's not like he's gonna come out and say he wants 5 mil to start off negotiations....let him walk though, cop a CB in the first round of the draft, sign Jennings/Wallace and grab a DE and another WR in other rounds.

Smith is and average at best cover corner and a below average tackler. Those saying 7 millions a year need to puff puff pass to Sean!

If Ireland pays him that kind of money, he needs to be walked out of the team facilities immediately, no way hes worth that.

I've been a Smith fan since before we drafted him, but I gotta say that's simply not going to happen anywhere. If he's looking at 8M+ a year, we can and will replace him. For a converted WR, he really has terrible ball skills. Our team set a record for LEAST TAKEAWAYS EVER by a Miami Dolphins team. I can't imagine that the CB who doesn't stop 1st downs or TD's at a good rate and doesn't create takeaways is going to get 10M a year. It just doesn't make sense.

Everybody is going bonkers about Jake Long's salary ... he's twice the player Smith is and at a muuuuuuuch harder to replace position.

I'm guessing this is all a massive bluff. The FA market will not pay more than 7M and I bet he resigns with us for 6.5M-7M. If someone is willing to give him more than 7M, congrats.

For a guy who's head is in the sky, you'd think he'd be able to locate the football when it's in the air every once in awhile...

460x-1.jpg

And he acts as if he made the game winning play with his incomplete arms celebration every time he makes a routine play.

LET.HIM.GO!

Dude is not good, at all. Just like Vontae, he's the very type of player we need to lose on this team.

A smart football team that hopes to compete WILL NEVER overpay for a player like Smith.

Sean Smith is the worst CB in the NFL at getting Interceptions. As the OP also states, Pro Football Focus charted him with more combined first downs and touchdowns allowed than any NFL cornerback in 2012.

So, he doesn't get turnovers and he is among the worst statistically at allowing TD's and 1st downs.

Do not overpay. If he truly wants to leave, draft a replacement, or sign one.
Right on! Plus he tackles like the tooth fairy.

The biggest thing that bothers me about Sean Smith is... he is soft! Translation - he's not a football player.

Royalshank referred to his production of 5 INT's in 64 Games... he's the defensive version of Brian Hartline. Good player, makes some plays, hasn't developed himself physically and doesn't produce.

Hartline actually produced this year and is better player than Smith

I've been a Smith fan since before we drafted him, but I gotta say that's simply not going to happen anywhere. If he's looking at 8M+ a year, we can and will replace him. For a converted WR, he really has terrible ball skills. Our team set a record for LEAST TAKEAWAYS EVER by a Miami Dolphins team. I can't imagine that the CB who doesn't stop 1st downs or TD's at a good rate and doesn't create takeaways is going to get 10M a year. It just doesn't make sense.

Everybody is going bonkers about Jake Long's salary ... he's twice the player Smith is and at a muuuuuuuch harder to replace position.

I'm guessing this is all a massive bluff. The FA market will not pay more than 7M and I bet he resigns with us for 6.5M-7M. If someone is willing to give him more than 7M, congrats.

Good point on Jake long salary

Hartline actually produced this year and is better player than Smith

Hartline produced because he was the only WR we had other than Bess...

We knew coming into the season that with him being the only option, he would have numbers in line with any other starting receiver in the league with not other options...

Its not like he was playing on a team with 4 or 5 good receivers...

wow. seriously? we want to blow up the one area on our team that actually produced? (the D) we had the 7th ranked D in points allowed, and the 12th ranked D in yardage, and that's in the first year with a new DC. Seriously if we resign any players it needs to be on the Defense.

I think Sean Smith and his agent are just posturing but if they're not careful, they could push the Dolphins too far and they'll just say "Screw it" and make a hard play for Derek Cox of the Jacksonville Jaguars, which is something they should be thinking hard about anyway. Provided he's healthy of course. I don't know if Derek Cox is worth the money Sean Smith's agent is talking about, but he's a good player IF he stays healthy.

Back
Top Bottom