Is Sparano stupid and should we give him time to learn? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Sparano stupid and should we give him time to learn?

Jeep

Premium Member
Reaction score
There is no doubt that Sparano is the best HC we've had since Don Shula and Nick Satan... but is he good enough to lead the Dolphins in future??

We've seen him make boneheaded mistakes on the field.. The time out in Saints game, calling for a time out on a change of possession, not being able to manage the time clock, his ignorance to talent and his reliance on his O and D coordinators.. and lets not forget how the team seems to lack motivation until the half time adjustments..

So I must ask.. should he be considered for replacement?

I know its hard to find a smart and intelligent HC these days.. but his inability to play Wake early on in the season and his love for Joey Porter has to come into the decision making process. You must also add to that the Pat White experiment (PWE).. In fact, in a humorous way, I can see Sparano sitting at his desk, slamming his fist on the desktop and saying "I drafted this kid, so come hell or high water, he is going to be a star in this league"... lol...

I knew the kid was a bust early on this season and I'm sure, with my limited knowledge of professional football, I could have realized the kid couldnt cut it in pre-season..

Now lets look at the PWE.. We needed a mobile QB that can compliment the Wildcat.. ok Pat White was a valid canidate.. but wait, Bellichek showed an interest.. So what should our front office do?? Target Pat White in the later rounds and if New England does draft him, have a contingency QB on the radar... just in case.. Instead, we drafted him for more than he was worth..

As a result of yesterdays injuries, we had the opportunity to look at Thigpen in a real game with the Dolphins helmet on.. I was impressed!!! and add to that the previous games he has played with the Chiefs, one must compare him to Henne and wonder who would be a better 1st string QB..

Has Sparano and company compared the two? Has Henne really showed more in practice than Thigpen? or is this another case of Sparano banging his desktop and trying to force his opinion on the team?

I dont know folks.. I'm just a high school football player turned electrician in the real world, but I do have all the love and passion for my Miami Dolphins and want only the best for my team.. The best QB, the best HC and the best offense and defense... even if it means taking a real hard look at all the coaches at all the colleges trying to find the next Bill Walsh..

Henne is the real deal and this shouldnt be even a thought.

henne the #1 qb Thigpen the #2 qb and bring in another qb for the #3 spot.

I have been going back and forth on Sparano and my impatience is thin but I do think Henning and our special teams coach should be given their walking papers. I am leaning towards wanting to see the d.c. leave too.
Another Question is how about our tightends and wrs coaches should they be let go or not ?
if Henne had a big bruising tightend and healthy runningbacks then he will get even better.

Honestly man the only way we will get to see what Sparano is really like is if Bill Parcells isn't behind him. I think the only people who really know he's the head coach is Dolphins fans and about half of them don't even know that. I hated the notion that Tony Sporano was a "puppet" but i'm starting think it's just inevitable that he's not. Bill Parcells dosen't let anyone do anything unless it's his descision. You could bring in any number of coaching candidates and it would all be the same because Bill controls everything.

I say stick with him im not up to switching so soon. let me guess you want to bring back dave wanny or maybe even cam cameron? PLEASE lets stick with tony

I think whether we love him or hate him, Sparano will get 4 full seasons to see if the team can turn in the right direction. Now if we're still a 7-9 team after the 4th season of Sparano then I would be screaming for him to be canned.

In fact, in a humorous way, I can see Sparano sitting at his desk, slamming his fist on the desktop and saying "I drafted this kid, so come hell or high water, he is going to be a star in this league"... lol...

Sporano doesn't work the draft. Ireland and Parcells do along with a battalion of scouts.

How could you not be aware of this?

Didn't you see that picture of Parcells sitting next to Billichik checking out White that was taken last off-season?

Tony wasn't there...:ponder:

To be a good coach you need to have a good coaching tree underneath you. Look how Bellicheat hasn't won the Superbowl since the departure of Romeo and Weiss. Sparano needs to unload Henning and PP.

At first I was leaning toward giving PP another shot, because of the youth and holes on the defense. The more I think of it the more I change my mind, the last thing we need is to improve our players on defense and be 6 games into 2010 and still lose games to his vanilla schemes.

Henning just has togo the game is way beyond him. It is like he is trying to race the Indy 500 in a Nascar!

I think that if Sparano gets stronger and more reliable OC and DC, he will intern become a better HC! However we need to see way less of the brain farts he had this year!

I really wonder if the first time the dolphins see their opponent is on game day. What the hell does this staff do all week? We look totally unprepared to start games. As far as the OC, Sparano has a headset on, and after 13, 14, 15, weeks he still continues to let some of these calls go through, then it's on him. I also can't believe we needed to use timouts in the last 3 games for to many, and not enough men on the field. He also needs to learn clock management. He better straighten this crap out for next season.

Come on guys, get real. I knew that going 11-5 coming off of a 1-15 season was going to blow up in his face on these boards. If he had gone 7-9 last season with no injuries & the leagues easiest schedual and 7-9 this season with all the injuries & the hardest schedual, everyone would be happy. Instead, he makes chicken salad out of chicken Sh*t last year and every arm chair GM wants to BBQ him.

Guess what guys, Rome wasn't built in a day. Every draft pick will not make the Pro-Bowl & every offseason move is not a sure thing. I will say this though, the coach & FO that you are wanting to throw out has made better better moves in the last 2 seasons than any Dolphin since Don Shula & Jimmy Johnson and they wiffed on a quite a few too.

He has made mistakes, but who hasnt?

But in the two years with him we are 18-14 (excluding play-off loss) which is a good improvement from the 20-44 we were in the in the last 4 years of previous "head coaches."

If we get a new OC and DC, then we can really see how good Tony is. No question he is here next year, and for the forseeable future though. :)

Come on guys, get real. I knew that going 11-5 coming off of a 1-15 season was going to blow up in his face on these boards. If he had gone 7-9 last season with no injuries & the leagues easiest schedual and 7-9 this season with all the injuries & the hardest schedual, everyone would be happy. Instead, he makes chicken salad out of chicken Sh*t last year and every arm chair GM wants to BBQ him.

Guess what guys, Rome wasn't built in a day. Every draft pick will not make the Pro-Bowl & every offseason move is not a sure thing. I will say this though, the coach & FO that you are wanting to throw out has made better better moves in the last 2 seasons than any Dolphin since Don Shula & Jimmy Johnson and they wiffed on a quite a few too.

There is a difference (with me) between "wanting" and "questioning"... In my opinion, complacency sucks and one should always question if there is better out there..

I'm not singling any one out but before the draft the amount of people on this board screaming for pat white was unbelievable. "Pat would be raw in the WC" blah blah and now everyone is killing sparano for it and he didnt even draft him!!

Back
Top Bottom