Is The 2013 Draft The Most Important Draft In Dolphin History?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CRIOS, Dec 12, 2012.

1. CRIOS

CRIOS PERFECT PHINS '72 Finheaven VIP Donator

Yes/No?

I for one am uncertain. You? :confused:

2. mikefinfan

mikefinfan Die hard Fins Fan

Id say this is going to be the most important draft in the Philbin era... I think he needs 4 years...but people will start to blame him for losing real quick...it's already started actually, so yeah for this era this is the most important draft

Forgive my spelling and grammar, this was sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

3. Geordie

Geordie A True Fan

It's important that we don't mess it up. We have plenty of high picks we have clear needs to fill and we have the opportunity to give players time to develop. I think it's a little over dramatic to say it's the most important, but it is a big opportunity and if we mess it up would be a big miss.

4. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I'd say this OFFSEASON is absolutely the most important.

5. CRIOS

:bdh:

Mike, in regards to your signature logo design, a slight alteration from the tradition logo may not sell even though it's a great looking design, idea. For that newer version in your sig is simply just a streamline version of the traditional logo which is not a bad thing.

(I feel that most fans would not want the helmet in the new version.)

I think that the organization is wanting a brand new, modern idea (not a radical change as one might imagine but a fresh, new era type of concept) rather than a simple upgrade from the classic logo.

That's my opinion for what's worth.

6. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Yes. Epically important.

7. stu smiley

stu smiley Rookie

A bit dramatic, don't ya think? It will define the next possible decade at most. Very important to a very frustrated fan base though.

8. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

This may be the most important Draft in Recent Team History. IF Miami achieves re-signing Most of it's own F/A's Like Hartline, Starks, Fasano, Smith, and possibly McDaniel (for depth) as well as, Martin showing he is a capable LT; having those 5 picks in the 1st Three Rounds can give Ireland or Whoever is the GM alot less to worry about. If Anyone of those guy's leave, things could get much more questionable. Jake Long I believe will be gone, that is why I didn't mention him above.

9. ONole1

ONole1 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I would say it's the most important offseason since...last season :sidelol:

10. CRIOS

I am simply just posting a question out of curiosity. Yes it is a little over-the-top but heck it doesn't hurt to ask.

11. CRIOS

I like that.... :lol:

12. ONole1

ONole1 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Good, I am glad you took it the way it was meant. I just remember many people asking that last year and when you did that was my first thought...LOL

13. nopokerinoot

nopokerinoot Banned Hammered

No, thankfully. Ireland is just going to pick up some more garbage.

14. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

Yes.

The AFC as a whole is rebuilding. Teams such as the Broncos and Patriots are tied to their old quarterbacks and only have a handful of years left to take a shot at the Superbowl. Former dominate teams such as the Colts, Steelers, and Chargers are rehauling their roster(some faster than others obviously). Teams such as the Jets and Raiders have to rebuild but are currently strangled by salary cap concerns.

We have the ammunition to get a jump start on rebuilding. If we hit on our draft picks we could be contenders as soon as 2014(to put that in perspective, Manning will be 38 years old and Brady will be 37). If we miss on those draft picks or make some Gibril Wilson/Jake Grove type signings, we could set this team back for years. Look at what happened in 2008. We had salary cap room and 4 picks in the top 3 rounds. What happened? We have a single player left from that draft(Jake Long, who could walk) and were recently unable to sign any free agents because of previous bad contracts.

For every draft pick we miss on, another team hits on. For every bad free agent contract we give out, we are prevented from signing a good free agent in the future. For the life of me, i cant recall a more important offseason. If we screw this up, Tannehill could be 28 by the time we feel the full effects of our mistakes and are forced to rebuild yet again.

15. CRIOS

God (and this an agnostic speaking), help him make the right moves!

16. CRIOS

Oh the thought. Don't even say that playing. The forever rebuilding losers. The thought makes my skin crawl.

17. nopokerinoot

nopokerinoot Banned Hammered

Tannehill isn't going to be anything special other than a wasted 1st round pick. If we didn't lowball Matt Flynn, he could be doing better than Tannehill and not have cost a #7 pick in the draft, which could have been used to fill any of the other 1000 holes Ireland has created on the team.

18. phinatic1399

phinatic1399 Diehard Phinatic!

Yes it is! Manning and Brady are nearing the end and the jets and bills are a mess at QB. The steelers defense is getting old as well. The landscape of the AFC will be changing in the next few years and this draft could set us up for success for the next decade. Unfortunately Ireland is calling the shots.

19. Asicswrg85

Asicswrg85 A True Fan

I think this is a very very very important draft. Maybe not the most important of all time, but this team is close to being a LEGIT contender and this draft will define if we contend for awhile or dont.

20. NYinBostonFin

NYinBostonFin Playoffs Please!!

I we do well, most important draft ever. If we continue this losing trend...nothing special...just another JI draft.

21. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Most important in a long time. He needs to build a strong foundation this offseason. The next one will be big too