Is the '95 draft, the worst Phins draft ever? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is the '95 draft, the worst Phins draft ever?

I believe Norman Hand was the only one to carve out a decent NFL career, I believe he had some solid years SD and NO

norman hand who i believe have sinse passed away, had a decent career. pete mitchell wound up being ok for the jags for a few years. this was one of those shula specials in regards to the draft. they guy was the best coach in nfl history but a very mediocre to bad gm.

The only positive from that draft was that we were able to trade Billy Milner for Troy Drayton, who wound up being a pretty good tight end for 3 1/2 years. 2003 was a pretty bad draft, except for Yeremiah Bell. Memorables such as Eddie Moore and Taylor Whitley. Although Wade Smith has wound up having a pretty good career.

I think the 2006 draft was worse once you factor in giving up a 2nd round pick for Culpepper when we could of had Drew Brees w/o giving up draft compensation.

2006 NFL Draft

1. Jason Allen - CB/S - Tennesee
2. (Pick traded to Vikings for QB - Daunte Culpepper)
3. Derek Hagan - WR - Arizona State
4. Joe Toledo - OT - Washington
5. (Pick forfeited for selection of DT - Manny Wright in 2005 Supplemental draft)
6. (Pick traded to Chargers for QB Cleo Lemon)
7. Fred Evans - DT - Texas State
7. Rodrique Wright - DT - Texas
7. Devin Aromashodu - WR - Auburn

damn that's awful...guess i shouldn't complain as much anymore about what ireland does...ha ha

in 06' manny wright as a supp pick the year prior...the guy that cried on the field...unreal...they let fred evans go and he had some success i want to say in minnesota

damn that's awful...guess i shouldn't complain as much anymore about what ireland does...ha ha

in 06' manny wright as a supp pick the year prior...the guy that cried on the field...unreal...they let fred evans go and he had some success i want to say in minnesota

Worst draft I can remember was Shula's last one he drafted a OT in the first round I believe named Milner in the first round lasted maybe 3 years in the NFL a OG named Greene from Indiana who never played a down and was out of the NFL after his first year and basically the rest of the draft was just as bad except the only excuse was that they were lower picks. I keep saying Ireland certainly is not that bad compared to what we have had around here for a very long time. That's not saying there are not been better GMs out there but I certainly do not want to just change for changes sake. Plus I think Ireland might be learning from his past mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom