Is the oline done?

THIS^
PHILLIPS played 38% of the defensive snaps
TAYLOR 17%
GODCHAUX 47%
Wright 2%
Not sure if Branch/Hayes will move inside at times
or if we'll draft a run stuffer to go with the above DTs
Godcheux will get lots more reps. And he deserves it! Time for Phillips to step up.

If you do add another lineman that means somebody has to go: Tunsil isn't going anywhere, just resigned James, Just added Kilgore and Sitton so they're likely safe. I think Davis is a lock to be on the roster. So if you add one either Asiata, Larsen, Smith or Brendel would be out come opening day.

you'd think the o-line is set unless they really like somebody in the draft to falls to them but no reason to reach now

Ozzy rules!!

However if Baker is there at 11 i grab him.

I don’t really like Baker Mayfield, but I can see why people do from a talent standpoint.

The offfield stuff (public intoxication and arrest) and maturity issues (crotch grab on national television directed at the Kansas team) have me a little spooked.

We don’t need any OTs and Gase lovessssss Larsen who is a great fit at C, so that takes us out of round 1,2,3 for oline. Maybe day 3 BPA selections.

Maybe some depth in the later rounds but

Tunsil
Davis
Kilgore/Larsen
Sitton
James

Might not be bad. Especially if Tunsil can get back to his rookie form. Not sure his future is at LT at this point though.

I don’t know if last year was a good measuring stick for Tusil. I know LT is one of the hardest positions in the NFL but I almost feel like if we are going to get the most of him, that he should be slid into LG. He was pretty stout there. Maybe draft a LT in the middle rounds and go OLB in the first and hope McMillian is good to go for next season

I don’t really like Baker Mayfield, but I can see why people do from a talent standpoint.

The offfield stuff (public intoxication and arrest) and maturity issues (crotch grab on national television directed at the Kansas team) have me a little spooked.

Not falling apart under pressure in a big game? That doesn't have you spooked?

I would be shocked if another Oline is piece is not added via the draft. I would venture we are confident in Tunsil and Sitton, but RG isn't solid, we are not sure how Kilgore will pan out and James has 1 yr left on contract.

I would still draft one, but more than likely it won't happen till the 3rd round at the earliest.

Not falling apart under pressure in a big game? That doesn't have you spooked?

Of course. I watched every second of the Rose Bowl game (amazing game by the way), and when Georgia dialed up the pressure in the second half, Mayfield was clearly rattled. The 4th quarter interception when he airmailed it over the WR’s head by a good four to five yards, springs to mind.

It’s the other baggage that is most concerning to me, especially if the kid is supposed to represent the face of a franchise.

I would be shocked if another Oline is piece is not added via the draft. I would venture we are confident in Tunsil and Sitton, but RG isn't solid, we are not sure how Kilgore will pan out and James has 1 yr left on contract.

I think Davis at right guard is solid. I don't think there's a rush to find his replacement.

Can't see them drafting an offensive lineman before the 4th round. Barring another key addition, we're clearly looking at LB and TE early in the draft. QB and RB as well.

If we miss on a QB I'd like Edmunds or Smith at 11 followed by Goedert, Hurst, or Gesicki at 42.

Back
Top Bottom