Is there a chance we could get Damontre Moore & Keenan Allen with both 2nd's? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is there a chance we could get Damontre Moore & Keenan Allen with both 2nd's?

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
Was looking at CBS's latest rankings on player prospects and Allen is rated at #47 and Moore #52.

Before combine & FA Allen was a strong candidate at #12, while Moore was not expected to fall to us.

I think it would be a steal to get both in 2nd. Agree?

I would be ecstatic if that happened. Keenan Allen is too talented to pass up with the 2a and Moore is steal at 2b. A lot of people on this board don't like Moore but I've watched a lot of A&M games and he's a playmaker. He's taking a big slide because of a bad combine and he interviewed poorly.

At 2b he's undoubtedly worth the immaturity risk and I think Sherman and Philbin will do a good job teaching him how to be a professional. He's definitely got the tools and he's only 20, so with an NFL training program he should be able to easily bulk up.

I would've liked to see a CB with 2a but if Allen is there I'd be so happy if the Dolphins picked him up. With the way some of these recent mocks are going, there is a chance we could get both these guys.

Keenan Allen is not even on my radar anymore.

Moore is essentially Jarvis Moss, so no I'd prefer not to grab him.

Keenan Allen would be a steal @ 2A but there are so many flags.

Aren't we trying to improve team speed? Why would we bring in the antithesesis of it? Just because 4 months ago mockers had both guys in the top 10? It goes to show that any mock draft before the combine is a waist of time, I know that the combine drills arent the end all be all, but it sure changes perceptions very quickly!

I can think of at least 8 receivers who would be available in that range that would upgrade us much more(Wheaton, Woods, Swope, Patton, Bailey, Rogers, T Williams, Stills, Dobson, Wilson, Mellete maybe Harper and Boyce), and several DE's in the later than 2nd round range (Lemonier, Washington, Okafor, Taylor, Q Smith, Buchanan, Montgomery and Simon) that will be better rushers.

They'd be in consideration, but I think that's about where they should go, so I wouldn't feel like I'm getting a steal or anything.

I was reading a piece about newsome, always picking up guys who fall due to combine, Suggs, Ngata etc even signing boldin and even players who are deemed not the right size, weight for a certain position, ala Ray Lewis.

I'd prefer to go with game tape, pads on, football players. I would love first 3 picks to be Warmack, Allen & Moore. Would set us up massively for 2014.

Back
Top Bottom