Is there a Consensus Top 5 in the 2017 Draft Yet? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is there a Consensus Top 5 in the 2017 Draft Yet?

I'm with you on that.

It's just easy to see what an elite running back can mean for the entire team. Takes pressure off the quarterback, keeps the defense off the field, converts those short-yardage plays keeping drives alive, wears the defense down. I'd love that pick.

So much, will depend on what Adam Gase decides concerning Ryan Tannehill. While Tannehill has not played well this year, I'd personally wait on the quarterback position and build around him. But, I think Gase might go the other way especially if Watson is there when Miami picks. That essentially buys him time, gets the fan base off his back a bit etc.

I'd really rather build a great defense if you feel like you have your QB.....drafting an elite runner is a luxury pick....you find excellent runners later in the draft all the time....see David Johnson.

I'd really rather build a great defense if you feel like you have your QB.....drafting an elite runner is a luxury pick....you find excellent runners later in the draft all the time....see David Johnson.

I'm a defense first guy so I get this. I just think if Miami is picking around 5-7 Leonard Fournette may be the best player available there. If Miami is picking first or second overall Garrett would be my hope, but I think Watson would be the pick. Gase buys time.

Fournette's the type of back that could do for the team what Ricky Williams did, essentially putting up big yards and dominating without a lot of talent on the offensive line. If Gase wants to build a physical team that would be a nice start. Could still go heavy defense the rest of the way.

You have named one......

If Garrett is gone, then I think we take Fournette, (picking at 4 or 5). I would be happy with that.

I am very high on Fournette. I think he fits what this team needs the most. But, I don't think im taking him in the top 5. If we pick top 5 it needs to be a game changer on defense or a QB (if we decide to go that route)
I could see the Fins finishing around 6-10 and getting Tabor

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

You are overlooking Christian McCaffrey.

Again? I love watching the kid play, but a top 5 pick? Not even close. I would expect him to go late first round

Garrett, Peppers, Foster, Allen, Williams depending on the pick. We need defense

David Johnson is the only elite back found later in the draft in years, and he should of been a 1st rnd pick, 2nd rnd at the very latest.

I keep hearing all this talk about RB being a luxury pick and you don't need to draft a back early because you can find them later.

Dallas is stacked with needs, it didn't stop them from drafting an true workhorse elite back and it's paying off for them big time.

Last draft, I said draft Zeke, and I was told we didn't have to because we could get freaking Kenneth Dixon later. Elite backs can cover up A lot of weaknesses, and make the game easier for everyone.

Sure you can find production later, but elite backs are still highly valuable.

David Johnson is the only elite back found later in the draft in years, and he should of been a 1st rnd pick, 2nd rnd at the very latest.

I keep hearing all this talk about RB being a luxury pick and you don't need to draft a back early because you can find them later.

Dallas is stacked with needs, it didn't stop them from drafting an true workhorse elite back and it's paying off for them big time.

Last draft, I said draft Zeke, and I was told we didn't have to because we could get freaking Kenneth Dixon later. Elite backs can cover up A lot of weaknesses, and make the game easier for everyone.

Dallas had a stacked O-line and could afford a luxury pick...Miami was not in that position.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Dallas had a stacked O-line and could afford a luxury pick...Miami was not in that position.

Johnson wasn't a high pick....and that is the point.

Should ofs is hindsight.

I don't think we pick Fournette if Ajayi keeps developing and since we just used a pick on Drake last year. I think a FA scheme fit guard would be huge so we can focus on defense in the first two rounds

I honestly haven't been as big a fan of his. He just doesn't speak to me.

CK --- would you say Harris is the second best pass rusher in this draft? I like Allen's overall game, but I don't think he will be viewed as a dynamic pass rusher. Would Harris fit for Miami, at linebacker or defensive line?

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

I don't think we pick Fournette if Ajayi keeps developing and since we just used a pick on Drake last year. I think a FA scheme fit guard would be huge so we can focus on defense in the first two rounds

Funny how things change in one week. Last week if you asked me what Miami's biggest need was I'd probably say linebacker AND running back. Then Ajayi goes off for 204 yards and looks like he could be the guy. Still need to see if he can consistently put up the yards, but it would be nice to scratch running back off the list of needs. Let's wait and see a bit on that one.

CK --- would you say Harris is the second best pass rusher in this draft? I like Allen's overall game, but I don't think he will be viewed as a dynamic pass rusher. Would Harris fit for Miami, at linebacker or defensive line?

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Funny how things change in one week. Last week if you asked me what Miami's biggest need was I'd probably say linebacker AND running back. Then Ajayi goes off for 204 yards and looks like he could be the guy. Still need to see if he can consistently put up the yards, but it would be nice to scratch running back off the list of needs. Let's wait and see a bit on that one.

Would be surprised is Ajayi breaks 100 yards again once or twice this season.

Ajayi should have no effect on us drafting Fournette.

Is foster really expected to go that high?

I'm not saying he's not that good but it's rare to see linebackers go that high.

I think they are talking about talent levels, not where they expect them to be drafted.

Back
Top Bottom