Is this proof that Brady really isn't that good? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this proof that Brady really isn't that good?

montequi

Middle Timer
Reaction score
Seems like the Pats can plug ANYONE in as QB and win. When Brady went down in 2008, Matt Cassell came in and won 11 games. Now the Pats could end up 4-0 with a combination of 2nd and 3rd-string QBs. I know Brady has broken a ton of records, but I wonder if any other QB in the league could have done the same.

Seems like the Pats can plug ANYONE in as QB and win. When Brady went down in 2008, Matt Cassell came in and won 11 games. Now the Pats could end up 4-0 with a combination of 2nd and 3rd-string QBs. I know Brady has broken a ton of records, but I wonder if any other QB in the league could have done the same.

ROFL. Uh ... NO!!! It does prove that every player and coach for the Patriots gives 100% for all phases of the game.

ROFL. Uh ... NO!!! It does prove that every player and coach for the Patriots gives 100% for all phases of the game.

Seriously, though. Brady was drafted in the 6th round. Ever wonder what Marino or Manning could have done for that team?

Or, maybe I should say, would Brady be any good playing elsewhere?

Seriously, though. Brady was drafted in the 6th round. Ever wonder what Marino or Manning could have done for that team?

Or, maybe I should say, would Brady be any good playing elsewhere?

Either Marino or Manning would have been better on those Pats teams than Brady.

It sucks I thought their run would end with Brady, now it doesn't look that way.b2nd and 3rd string qb's and their still getting it done. I guess coaching is a huge deal

I want to see Julian Edelman QB them to victory over Rex and the Bills. That would be comedy gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to see Julian Edelman QB them to victory over Rex and the Bills. That would be comedy gold.

you probably recall Walter Payton playing emergency QB in a win for the Bears. I don't recall if it was the whole game but I think it was in '85 when they had that sick defense.

you probably recall Walter Payton playing emergency QB in a win for the Bears. I don't recall if it was the whole game but I think it was in '85 when they had that sick defense.

Actually I had forgotten that and had to google it. He took over in the second after the starter got benched :lol:

Yes...an interesting point raised....and definitely food for thought!

I was thinking the same thing! He's a fraud and a product of good coaching, benefiting from good teams around him.

There have been plenty of good NE players who went to other teams and disappeared, and plenty of washed up has beens that have thrived in NE.

Actually I had forgotten that and had to google it. He took over in the second after the starter got benched :lol:

benched!? Holy cow! I just assumed injured. OMG that is too funny. Ditka was a character.

In 2008, Cassell threw for 21 TDs. For comparison, in 2007 Brady threw for 50. 2007 16-0 versus a very strong schedule, 2008 11-5 versus a historically weak schedule. Cassell was on a stacked team and put up average numbers.

Jimmy G may turn out to be the second coming of Tom Brady, but remember he was also a record setting college QB, and a 2nd round pick who has been in the same system for three years, learning from some of the best coaches of the modern day, and watching Tom Brady prepare and execute. He was decently regarded by many teams coming out of college (compared to the 7th round pick who had never started in college, Cassell).

Brissett in turn is a rookie who barely broke 100 yards passing in his only full game. The coaches did a good job of playing to his strengths (designed QB runs, options, naked boots). Based on how McDaniels chose to use him, clearly they don't believe he is capable of running the same offense that they would run with Tom or Jimmy. Just look at the difference in the Pats offense between the 1st and 2nd halves against Miami. Brissett didn't make mistakes against Houston, and he executed the game plan that was designed for him. He was NOT asked to win the game himself though.

Conclusion: Aaron Rodgers or Steve Young playing well for the same team doesn't mean Favre or Montana weren't amazing QBs in their own rights.

In 2008, Cassell threw for 21 TDs. For comparison, in 2007 Brady threw for 50. 2007 16-0 versus a very strong schedule, 2008 11-5 versus a historically weak schedule. Cassell was on a stacked team and put up average numbers.

Jimmy G may turn out to be the second coming of Tom Brady, but remember he was also a record setting college QB, and a 2nd round pick who has been in the same system for three years, learning from some of the best coaches of the modern day, and watching Tom Brady prepare and execute. He was decently regarded by many teams coming out of college (compared to the 7th round pick who had never started in college, Cassell).

Brissett in turn is a rookie who barely broke 100 yards passing in his only full game. The coaches did a good job of playing to his strengths (designed QB runs, options, naked boots). Based on how McDaniels chose to use him, clearly they don't believe he is capable of running the same offense that they would run with Tom or Jimmy. Just look at the difference in the Pats offense between the 1st and 2nd halves against Miami. Brissett didn't make mistakes against Houston, and he executed the game plan that was designed for him. He was NOT asked to win the game himself though.

Conclusion: Aaron Rodgers or Steve Young playing well for the same team doesn't mean Favre or Montana weren't amazing QBs in their own rights.

Well said. The premise of the thread is rather silly. Brady is for certain an excellent QB. The coach is the most important cog in the realm of all the moving parts, but you still need players with the ability to execute his vision and game plan.

Back
Top Bottom