Is this the biggest scandal in Miami Dolphin history? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this the biggest scandal in Miami Dolphin history?

Nope...Wanny was.

It's the right scandal at the right time.

Martin's agent and parents have played this masterfully.

Wait until the court case all kinds of new evidence will be introduced.

The soiled jock strap has not been brought into play yet.

This story lacks the public outrage for me to consider it a full blown scandal. This isn't a black eye on the organization, in my opinion. To be honest, I think Ireland asking Dez mom that question was more embarrassing.

This would be totally different if the organization knew about this and didn't act or tried to suppress it or something. None of which has come to light and has been shot down by the Fins already.

It's the right scandal at the right time.

Martin's agent and parents have played this masterfully.

100% agree. However I tend to feel Martin had a fall back plan ever since he realized he was dealing with the real idiot/moron/weirdo Cog. I'd be surprised he didn't share the voice mail with his parents. My question is why he didn't share that with Philbin/Ireland?

No, this is the one that stands out to me:

Reese and Crowder arrested for trying to sell cocaine

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...m0vAAAAIBAJ&sjid=F9sFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2189,1039438

It was a massive story, partially because it happened virtually simultaneous to the draft. There had been brewing character problems on the team for a couple of years, but it didn't boil over until the arrest of Reese and Crowder. Shula was visually shook up. Duhe and Baumhower took on added spotlight because the team desperately needed newcomers with great character to come in and create some positive news.

One Miami columnist compared Reese and Crowder to the "Son of Sam" serial killer in New York. That's how bad it got. The two spent a year in jail and obviously never played for the Dolphins again.

Elaborate...

Your son checks out of his football team and into rehab. He is about to be put on NFI list and lose the money he has coming to him in his contract.

What do you do? You bunker up and start releasing the most damaging snippets of locker room crap you can find to the media. Racism and bullying are things that are going to outrage people and start a media feeding frenzy. Masterfully played.

Incognito is a scumbag, but at this point, the posturing here by Martin's side is entirely about money.

Your son checks out of his football team and into rehab. He is about to be put on NFI list and lose the money he has coming to him in his contract.

What do you do? You bunker up and start releasing the most damaging snippets of locker room crap you can find to the media. Racism and bullying are things that are going to outrage people and start a media feeding frenzy.

Masterfully played.

So were assuming that in the event that Incog is cut Martin wants nothing to do with coming back? I'm actually curious about this.

You believe this going to court for Martins money is a foregone conclusion?

So were assuming that in the even that Incog is cut Martin wants nothing to do with coming back? I'm actually curious about this.

So you believe this going to court for Martins money is a foregone conclusion?

Look at the way they are handling this. This is absolutely legal posturing. This is going to get much, much worse.

This is the tip of the iceberg.

Back
Top Bottom