Is this what's going to happen on Saturday? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this what's going to happen on Saturday?

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
According to Schad from the PBP
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/custom/blogs/Dolphins/

-Fiedler will play at least the 1st half
-Newsom won't start since he turned an ankle at the end of practice today
-Simmons and Tolver will start
-Poole and Howard will start
-Minor and Morris expected to get 6 carries a piece

The surprising piece of the article is that Fiedler is playing a half. It seems odd that our present #1 QB is playing a half in the 1st pre-season game. Usually it's a 1 series or 2. The other part that has me concerned is the Newsom bit. He must have really tweaked the ankle bad for him not to be able to start in 2 days.

Well look at it this way: Chambers is hurt and not playing, but if it was a regular season game he would. Newson probably is just out for percautionary reasons.

phinfan2003 said:
The surprising piece of the article is that Fiedler is playing a half. It seems odd that our present #1 QB is playing a half in the 1st pre-season game. Usually it's a 1 series or 2. The other part that has me concerned is the Newsom bit. He must have really tweaked the ankle bad for him not to be able to start in 2 days.

I have to agree. The fact that Fiedler would play a whole half is a shock. I highly doubt it will even happen.. I don't even see Feeley getting past the 2nd Quarter. I see Sage and Clint taking the 2nd half of the game for sure. Don't read too highly into articles. Proof comes Saturday.

What will probably happen is this:

1. Fiedler plays entire 1st half
2. Feeley plays 3rd quarter
3. Sage and Clint play 4th

Then next week:

1. Feeley plays entire 1st half
2. Fiedler plays 3rd quarter
3. Sage and Clint play 4th

Not really a surprise at all about Fiedler. Dave said they will choose a starter for the season opener before the start of the 3rd preseason game. Nublar7 is right......Jay will get the first half this week, and AJ will get the first half next week......this is the final test for both qbs.

Back
Top Bottom