Is Zo a hall-of-famer?

• Yes, First ballot

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • Yes, eventually

Votes: 41 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 47.5%

• Total voters
No. He was "The Man" on good teams and never even made it to the finals. And while his statistics are good, they are not "great" in the sense that they would be enough to get him into the hall.

Plus, he is obviously only out for a bit of cash and that has soured him in my opinion.

Maybe down the road. He should get NO sentimental votes for his kidneys, in my opinion. He has(rightfully so considering the circumstances) been crap since he got sick.

I think that he will get in it, but he might have to wait for a long time until he does.

Maybe they can put him in the criminal HOF. He's a thief.

Mournings a no brainer. What NBA do you guys watch? Im not a heat or Mourning fan but to say he doesnt belong in the Hall of Fame is ignorant. The guy was drafted by an expansion team and made them into a playoff team. He was one of the best defenders and rebounders in his prime. He was a 20pt 10reb player who played great defense. There is no doubt whatsoever that Mourning will be in the Hall of Fame. Yeesh I realize this is a football message board mostly but Good God, go watch some NBA games before posting some serious nonsense.

No, Zo had 8 good years in the NBA.He had 3 with the Hornets and 5 with Heat. He did average about 10 rebs. and 20pts. per game during that span.If he had stayed heathy and put those numbers up for a few more years and had made a trip to the finals then I would say yes.I've always liked Zo as a player and he has gone through some tuff times with all the kidney stuff,but I don't think IMO he deserves to be in the hall of fame.

Zo's career average is 19pts 9rebs, it went down a bit after kidney transplantation--go figure. Theres no doubt in my mind he will be voted in, most likely first ballot. I still dont get what the doubt is about, hes a complete no brainer.

Good to very good player most of his career, he was never great. You either have to have eye popping #s or lead teams to ttiles, he did neither and never even made an NBA Finals appearance. He falls a little short.

nyjunc said:
Good to very good player most of his career, he was never great. You either have to have eye popping #s or lead teams to ttiles, he did neither and never even made an NBA Finals appearance. He falls a little short.

I actually agree.......

7 time allstar (out of 12 seasons), 2 time defensive player of the YEAR. Never great.....again, what NBA are we talking about and what Alonzo Mourning are we talking about?

Back
Top Bottom