• Yes, First ballot

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • Yes, eventually

Votes: 41 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 47.5%

• Total voters
FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I don't know why your arguing with this guy Nyjunc. He's obviously a Heat fan blinded by his loyalty to Zo. Zo is not a Hall of Famer. The Hall of Fame is for great/elite players, not good players. If the Hall of Fame let's Zo in there going to have to let players like Shawn Kemp and Vin Baker in!

I will agree with Painnotpleasure that if Zo stayed healthy his whole career he would no doubt be in the Hall because his longevity of being good would of gotten him in the door but because his health cut him short, whether you like it or not he's not a Hall of Famer!

If Zo gets into the Hall of Fame.....Terrell Davis deserves to be in the NFL Hall of Fame!

Meadowlarke lemon is in the HOF for christs sake......and as for Terrell Davis....isn't Gale Sayers in the HOF? I rest my case....as for longevity...read the Greg Cote article.

I don't know why your arguing with this guy Nyjunc. He's obviously a Heat fan blinded by his loyalty to Zo. Zo is not a Hall of Famer. The Hall of Fame is for great/elite players, not good players.

I know but I feel it's my duty to try and educate.

If Zo gets into the Hall of Fame.....Terrell Davis deserves to be in the NFL Hall of Fame!

The difference is TD was great and dominating, 'Zo never was so I wouldn't have a problem w/ TD getting in b/c of that even though his resume comes up a bit short.

Making the ELITE EIGHT IS sniffing a final four.......

Duke handled them pretty easily in the elite 8, sniffing the FF would be like what Arizona did this year losing in OT in the reg final.

Those heat teams had a nemesis in the Knicks....and when they got passed them they saw the dominant Bulls....

First off the Knicks weren;'t that good towards the end of the decade. They were MUCH better when Riley was there. 2d, it's a little weak having your "nemesis" be a team than never won a title. The Knicks nemesis were the Bulls, the Bulls had the Pistons, the Pistons had the Celts so syaing the Knicks were your nemesis makes Alonzo's career even weaker.

You are being pretty unfair to the guy....and I guess you just don't understand how much he is loved down here....The guy has been great for this community.

I am being very fair. At best he is a borderline candidate but he should not get in. His resume does not support his induction. It would be a shame if he got in.

It's great that he's great in the Community but just remember the minute he had a chance to leave to go to somewhere he thought was better he fled.

# 1, the columnist didn't mention one Center from Zo's era. Take a look at Shaq's #'s and accomplishments, Ewings, Olajuwon, David Robinson, Tim Duncan, Mutumbo (4 time Defensive player of the Year, 8 time all-star), and you'll realize that Zo was solid for his era but not one of the greats. He has better number's then Worthy, McHale, Calvin Murphy, and David Thompson's because those guys played on teams with more talent then Zo ever did (which means less shots and scoring) and they weren't the stars of their teams but they were necessary parts of DYNASTY'S in some cases. As far as this guy saying Ewing has no rings and similar numbers to Zo consider this. Ewing has a National Championship (3 or 4 Final Four's), a Gold Medal (part of the Dream Team), and has been to 2 finals.

Zo has been to a Conference Finals in which he bowed out in 5. He was part of Georgetown team that never made it to the Final 4 (you talk about Zo being the lower seed when he lost in the tourny in college and you act like it's uncommon for the lower seed to beat the higher seed WHEN IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME). He didn't play in the 2000 Olympics because he left because of his kidney (so he was given a gold medal for playing the warm up games). I mean seriously, what championship type of accomplishments has this guy had as a leader? None. I will not dispute that Zo was a good player during his time, but comparing him to old school players like this columnist did is absurd. Comparing him to the Center of today he falls way short and 7 All-Star games and 2 defensive player of the year awards doesnt change that!

nyjunc said:
Duke handled them pretty easily in the elite 8, sniffing the FF would be like what Arizona did this year losing in OT in the reg final.

I can tell that you read the final score and just drew a conclusion...sad...did you even see that game? I'll give you a hint....The difference in points had alot to do with Free Throws in the final 40 seconds.

First off the Knicks weren;'t that good towards the end of the decade. They were MUCH better when Riley was there. 2d, it's a little weak having your "nemesis" be a team than never won a title. The Knicks nemesis were the Bulls, the Bulls had the Pistons, the Pistons had the Celts so syaing the Knicks were your nemesis makes Alonzo's career even weaker.

It was a rivalry....it happens...some teams have an easier time or they catch a good era....the Heat got good smack dab in the middle of a the Bulls era and then a Team that matched up real good with them....

I am being very fair. At best he is a borderline candidate but he should not get in. His resume does not support his induction. It would be a shame if he got in.

No you are not....and it would not be a shame if he got in...get serious...Meadowlark Lemon is in the HOF...so is Calvin Murphy...c'mon...we are not talking about making him a saint...it's the freakin' Basketball Hall of Fame.

It's great that he's great in the Community but just remember the minute he had a chance to leave to go to somewhere he thought was better he fled.

Again...that is not true. You were not here at the time...and know nothing of that situation. Riley never offered an extension...THAT IS A FACT.

So sad.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
# 1, the columnist didn't mention one Center from Zo's era. Take a look at Shaq's #'s and accomplishments, Ewings, Olajuwon, David Robinson, Tim Duncan, Mutumbo (4 time Defensive player of the Year, 8 time all-star), and you'll realize that Zo was solid for his era but not one of the greats. He has better number's then Worthy, McHale, Calvin Murphy, and David Thompson's because those guys played on teams with more talent then Zo ever did (which means less shots and scoring) and they weren't the stars of their teams but they were necessary parts of DYNASTY'S in some cases. As far as this guy saying Ewing has no rings and similar numbers to Zo consider this. Ewing has a National Championship (3 or 4 Final Four's), a Gold Medal (part of the Dream Team), and has been to 2 finals.

Zo has been to a Conference Finals in which he bowed out in 5. He was part of Georgetown team that never made it to the Final 4 (you talk about Zo being the lower seed when he lost in the tourny in college and you act like it's uncommon for the lower seed to beat the higher seed WHEN IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME). He didn't play in the 2000 Olympics because he left because of his kidney (so he was given a gold medal for playing the warm up games). I mean seriously, what championship type of accomplishments has this guy had as a leader? None. I will not dispute that Zo was a good player during his time, but comparing him to old school players like this columnist did is absurd. Comparing him to the Center of today he falls way short and 7 All-Star games and 2 defensive player of the year awards doesnt change that!

Absurd.

I am not going to list all the greta players that never played for any championships. What a waste of time.

This is all New Yorkers hating ZO BTW...it is all part of that Nets and Knicks frustration.....it goes perfectly with all the HEAT hate.... :boring:

I can tell that you read the final score and just drew a conclusion...sad...did you even see that game? I'll give you a hint....The difference in points had alot to do with Free Throws in the final 40 seconds.

So they must have been down to foul duke and lose on FTs, right? Are FTs a part of the game? Did they lose on a last second shot? No, that would have been sniffing a FF.

It was a rivalry....it happens...some teams have an easier time or they catch a good era....the Heat got good smack dab in the middle of a the Bulls era and then a Team that matched up real good with them....

The Heat were never involved w/ the Bulls, they were a few notches below as they couldn't deal w/ the team that couldn't deal w/ the Bulls and Miami's best teams came after MJ retired. Their best shots were '99 & '00 and they lost to inferior Knick teams both times.

No you are not....and it would not be a shame if he got in...get serious...Meadowlark Lemon is in the HOF...so is Calvin Murphy...c'mon...we are not talking about making him a saint...it's the freakin' Basketball Hall of Fame.

Meadowlark is in the Hall b/c of the Globetrotters, it's not a good comparison. I don't know why Murphy is in but it doesn't make sense to lower the standards just b/c they made a mistake w/ Calvin.

Again...that is not true. You were not here at the time...and know nothing of that situation. Riley never offered an extension...THAT IS A FACT.

The quote below is from 4/16/03:

• Riley has begun talks with center Alonzo Mourning, who missed the season after a setback in his kidney disease and will be a free agent this summer. Riley hopes to have an answer soon regarding Mourning's playing future.

It sure didn't sound like Riley didn't want him back.

Click for entire article:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/5643735.htm

Oh yeah wasn't a Zo led team the first # 1 seed to bow out to an 8 seed LMAO. I wonder if we can add that to his accomplishments!

Section126 said:
Absurd.

I am not going to list all the greta players that never played for any championships. What a waste of time.

This is all New Yorkers hating ZO BTW...it is all part of that Nets and Knicks frustration.....it goes perfectly with all the HEAT hate.... :boring:

those players at least played for a Championship which is something 'Zo has never come close to doing and this year won't count if they win since he is just along for the ride.

nyjunc said:
It sure didn't sound like Riley didn't want him back.

Click for entire article:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/5643735.htm

Nowwhere in that article does it say that he wanted him back...It says that he is in talks with Mourning about his "playing future"...and that is exactly what happened....No contract was ever offered...just alot of talk to appease fans...the talk at the time was that Riley was told by Arison that he did not want to pay the luxury tax (which meant NO Mourning salary) and therefore no spending that summer.

It was a known fact down here that the Heat was stalling any contract talks so he would leave. It's just a fact dude...remember...It's my team..i was here..you were not..ask any heat fan on here.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Oh yeah wasn't a Zo led team the first # 1 seed to bow out to an 8 seed LMAO. I wonder if we can add that to his accomplishments!

No...we can add this to your list of posting accomplishments (for dumb posts).....

It happened before.....Seattle lost to Denver.

BTW....read the history of that season and what happened in that first round of the playoffs.

nyjunc said:
those players at least played for a Championship which is something 'Zo has never come close to doing and this year won't count if they win since he is just along for the ride.

There is a very LONG list of great players that never played for any championships.....and ZO is hardly "along for the ride" on this team...the guy is playing significant minutes.

Section126 said:
There is a very LONG list of great players that never played for any championships.....and ZO is hardly "along for the ride" on this team...the guy is playing significant minutes.

who are those players? You want to give me someone like Dominique? I'll buy it b ut 'Nique played in a much more difficult era. Miami had no good teams after MJ retired and still 'Zo couldn't get to a Finals while 'Nique had to deal w/ Boston, Detroit, Chicago and also Milwaukee and Philly had some good teams. The East was loaded back then(even more so than the West a few years ago).

Back
Top Bottom