• Yes, First ballot

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • Yes, eventually

Votes: 41 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 47.5%

• Total voters
nyjunc said:
who are those players? You want to give me someone like Dominique? I'll buy it b ut 'Nique played in a much more difficult era. Miami had no good teams after MJ retired and still 'Zo couldn't get to a Finals while 'Nique had to deal w/ Boston, Detroit, Chicago and also Milwaukee and Philly had some good teams. The East was loaded back then(even more so than the West a few years ago).

You just don't give up...... :roflmao:

Okay.....Zo is horrible...he should just kill himself. There ya go....happy? :rolleyes:

Section126 said:
You just don't give up...... :roflmao:

Okay.....Zo is horrible...he should just kill himself. There ya go....happy? :rolleyes:

You tell me there are alot of great players that have never made the finals and I want to know who they are b/c apparently you know who they are. The man is not a HOFer, no matter how you slice it. Good, not great, player that doesn't belong in the HOF w/o a ticket.

nyjunc said:
You tell me there are alot of great players that have never made the finals and I want to know who they are b/c apparently you know who they are. The man is not a HOFer, no matter how you slice it. Good, not great, player that doesn't belong in the HOF w/o a ticket.

There are many.....

Some great players that didn't play for a championship: (All of them Hall of Famers) I got guys that you could recognize...there are many more.

Alex English
George Gervin
Bob Lanier
"Pistol" Pete Maravich
Calvin Murphy
Drazen Petrovic
David Thompson
Lenny Wilkens

If you want to expand the list to guys that lost in the finals and never won a championship...the list gets massive.

Alex English- made 3 all-NBA teams, led league in scoring, top 5 in scoring 6 times

George Gervin- Was also great ABA player which played a role, made 12 AS games including an AS Game MVP, 5 times on 1st team all-NBA, led NBA in scoring 4 times.

Bob Lanier- AS Game MVP, 8 time AS, top 10 in scoring 6 times,

Pete Maravich- all-NBA 4 times(twice 1st team), led league in scoring, top 10 assists twice.

Calvin Murphy- I have no idea why he's in but again it doesn't make Zo a HOFer just b/c they made a mistake w/ Calvin.

Drazen Petrovic- was a great Int'l player, only played 4 years in NBA and was already on an all-NBA team(Draz was my favorite player back then, he was turning into a great player before he died).

David Thompson- more for his college days in which he was a GREAT college player. Top 5 college player of all time and he did win a title in college in which he knocked off some crappy UCLA team which had only won 7 straight titles. Was on all-NBA team 3 times(1st twice).

Lenny Wilkens- Led league in assists twice, p time AS, AS Game MVP. Also won an NB title as a coach and he was inducted long after his playing days so that factored in.

nyjunc said:
Alex English- made 3 all-NBA teams, led league in scoring, top 5 in scoring 6 times

George Gervin- Was also great ABA player which played a role, made 12 AS games including an AS Game MVP, 5 times on 1st team all-NBA, led NBA in scoring 4 times.

Bob Lanier- AS Game MVP, 8 time AS, top 10 in scoring 6 times,

Pete Maravich- all-NBA 4 times(twice 1st team), led league in scoring, top 10 assists twice.

Calvin Murphy- I have no idea why he's in but again it doesn't make Zo a HOFer just b/c they made a mistake w/ Calvin.

Drazen Petrovic- was a great Int'l player, only played 4 years in NBA and was already on an all-NBA team(Draz was my favorite player back then, he was turning into a great player before he died).

David Thompson- more for his college days in which he was a GREAT college player. Top 5 college player of all time and he did win a title in college in which he knocked off some crappy UCLA team which had only won 7 straight titles. Was on all-NBA team 3 times(1st twice).

Lenny Wilkens- Led league in assists twice, p time AS, AS Game MVP. Also won an NB title as a coach and he was inducted long after his playing days so that factored in.

And your point? None of them played in a championship series...that was my point.

BTW...Lenny Wilkens was inducted as a player....He can be re-inducted as a coach when the required time passes by.

I proved my point...you asked who was a great player that never played for a championship....and I delivered....and I didn't just spout out great players....I gave you Hall of Famers.....

For the last time....winning a championship has nothing to do with individuality....it is about team.

Quick story....My High School Football team when I was a Junior (I played on that team) had 7 guys get Full scholarships to Div 1AA schools...another 11 played football in Junior College....our team that year went 6-5 and missed the playoffs.

The following year we had ZERO full scholarship guys and we went 8-3 and made the semi-finals of the state championship.

It is always about team.....

Maybe the other high school teams lost a lot of talent too and you guys had a better second squad then they did!

nyjunc said:
He is making the same mistake you made by comparing #s from players of different eras. Alonzo was very good, he was never great. I have said he is a borderline candidate and that someday he may get in but the more I research it the less I think he is a HOFer.

20pts 10rebs 3blks stands up against any era's numbers. Youre pissin in the wind my friend. You compare him to the best centers of his era, Robinson, Shaq, Ewing, etc his numbers standup. The whole "era" arguement isnt flying.

finfansince72 said:
20pts 10rebs 3blks stands up against any era's numbers. Youre pissin in the wind my friend. You compare him to the best centers of his era, Robinson, Shaq, Ewing, etc his numbers standup. The whole "era" arguement isnt flying.

Actually he averaged under 20, under 10 and under 3. His #s are not HOF, he was only on all-NBA teams twice, only led league in 1 category(blocks) and for a guy who is supposed to an all-time great defender he only made the all-Defensive team twice.

I proved my point...you asked who was a great player that never played for a championship....and I delivered....and I didn't just spout out great players....I gave you Hall of Famers.....

And I gave you reasons why everyone of them(outside of Murphy) was better than 'Zo.

nyjunc said:
Actually he averaged under 20, under 10 and under 3. His #s are not HOF, he was only on all-NBA teams twice, only led league in 1 category(blocks) and for a guy who is supposed to an all-time great defender he only made the all-Defensive team twice.

Yea what 19.4 pts 9.4 rebounds 2.9blks, like I said your pissing in the wind. Your just talking nonsense at this point to justify your position. His numbers went down a bit after kidney surgery, go figure. Hes going to be voted in based on his play before that. His numbers are good enough. You cant argue about his numbers, they are legit, if you want to piss in the wind more whatever but the numbers are good enough.

finfansince72 said:
Yea what 19.4 pts 9.4 rebounds 2.9blks, like I said your pissing in the wind. Your just talking nonsense at this point to justify your position. His numbers went down a bit after kidney surgery, go figure. Hes going to be voted in based on his play before that. His numbers are good enough. You cant argue about his numbers, they are legit, if you want to piss in the wind more whatever but the numbers are good enough.

He was NEVER a great player, yeah he put up decent #s but it's not all about #s. His #s weren't great and he didn't win AND he wasn't on enough all-NBA tea,ms, didn't win enough awards, didn't lead the league or even finish top 5 in enough categories. He had a good career, he was never a great player and does not belong in the HOF.

-should Alvin Robertson be in the HOF? He put up ok offensive #s but was a truly great defensive player. He made 6 all-defensive teams and 1 all-NBA team.

-I guess Shawn Kemp is a HOFer? He had as good a career as 'Zo and he at least made an NBA Finals.

-Should Brad Daugherty make it too? His #s are close to 'Zo's and his career ended early b/c of injuries. 19 pts, 10 rebs and a block per game.

nyjunc said:

Yes he did.....At least TRY to put in context.....who were the guys that got those honors before him....

NEVERMIND THAT HE WAS DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR TWICE HUH?

And he is not supposed to be an all-tim great defender....He was and is an all-time great defender.

Show a little respect at least.....when you don't...you make yourself out to be an idiot.

Section126 said:
Yes he did.....At least TRY to put in context.....who were the guys that got those honors before him....

NEVERMIND THAT HE WAS DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR TWICE HUH?

And he is not supposed to be an all-tim great defender....He was and is an all-time great defender.

Show a little respect at least.....when you don't...you make yourself out to be an idiot.

He put on a hall of fame performance last night did'nt he? :lol:
Loved it when he was hanging on the net. Really helped raise the play of his team mates. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom