It might take a little while before Miami Dolphins get significant contribution from CB Cordrea Tank | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It might take a little while before Miami Dolphins get significant contribution from CB Cordrea Tank

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Might I add also, his tackling sucks!

Third round pick Cordrea Tankersley?
It’s harder to see how and where he’ll fit in 2017.
It may be a while before he contributes.
This is not an indictment on Tankersley. The Dolphins have exactly what they thought they’d get when they drafted him. He is a big, fast cornerback.
But multiple people within the organization tell me he is “stiff.”
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article154518374.html

Not too impressed with his business sense so far. He got a 700k signing bonus and spent over 200k on a new custom G-Wagon.

No surprise there. It seemed fairly obvious his pick was more for depth and future help to probably replace Maxwell. I need 3 starters from a draft class and it looks like we got them in Harris, McMillan, and Asiata. The rest are depth and if they end up starting even better.

3 starters in one class is generally considered an A draft.

Last edited:
Nothing new here. He's a perimeter press CB with vertical speed that needs more development and a renewed attitude in tackling the ballcarrier. I don't expect much out of him this year.

"Stiff" huh? First time I've heard that about him...we already saw that he is not the best tackler (yes, I know, Prime Time didn't tackle either)...

Hmmm...hopefully we can coach him up because he does have speed, a nice frame, and comes from a good school with top level competition - I can see why we picked him up.

No surprise there. It seemed fairly obvious his pick was more for depth and future help to probably replace Maxwell. I need 3 starters from a draft class and it looks like we got them in Harris, McMillan, and Asiata. The rest are depth and if they end up starting even better.

3 starters in one class is generally considered an A draft.
But in the 3rd round. You do not draft depth in the 3rd rd.:wall

I think the plan for him is to be a starting corner, or be in competition with Lippett, for it in the near future... Maxwell isn't here to stay. Tank obviously needs coaching and experience, but he may be decent in a couple years. Look at all of the criticisms Howard had coming in, well he appeared to work on his craft and it showed imo. No reason Tank can't develop.

I get it, the talent level is what sucked us in on this fella from my perspective.
Tank probably would have been picked earlier if he tackled worth a hoot. Not completely buying the depth thing with Howard and Maxwell both spending time on IR last year. I also believe Gase believes he can coach this kid up this year not next year. I will monitor this for sure this year which should tell us Gase coaching skills.
As for me I would be very leery of drafting any defensive football player scared of tackling someone.

Not too impressed with his business sense so far. He got a 700k signing bonus and spent over 200k on a new custom G-Wagon.

a Mercedes-Benz G-class? And how do you know that information?

a Mercedes-Benz G-class? And how do you know that information?

What is Miami Dolphins CB Cordrea Tankersley’s rookie reward?

Tankersley, the cornerback out of Clemson, said he got an apartment as well, but also treated himself to a “G-Wagon” after signing his rookie contract. That would be a Mercedes-Benz G-Class, which looks like an armored military jeep.

http://dailydolphin.blog.mypalmbeac...olphins-cb-cordrea-tankersleys-rookie-reward/

Injuries happen all the time especially to DBs. The plan may not to be play him much this year, but he probably will be expected to contribute at some point due to injuries.

You can never have enough DBs!!

Look at the Giants last year.

They were well on their way to another surprise SB run until DRC got hurt and Rodgers lit them up.

Having too many options isn't a bad problem.

Maxwell, Lippett, Tankersley, and Howard are a great problem to have especially considering what we had to work with last year.

Lippett is going to get better, Howard IMO is going to be legit, Maxwell is a starter, and Cordrea is player who can step in on certain situations.

We needed depth so it was a great pick for value and need IMO.

Tankersley has mostly all the tools to be a really solid boundary corner.

We really liked Tankerseley ,so to get him in the 3rd was awesome!!

Harris, Mcmillan, and Tankersley in the first 3 rounds was a terrific draft for value and need.

I don't buy it...at all.

He may be depth, but he's a helluva prospect.

You can't have enough secondary help.

He will be aigght. He can sleep in his car if he suffers a career ending injury. Like he said in this interview. He don't need much.

On a serious note. If this coaching staff can turn a former wide receiver with about one year experience into a legit DB. Then I think they can get Tank coached up.

Back
Top Bottom