It's dog days so...2018 Mock projections... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's dog days so...2018 Mock projections...

Eesti

Rookie
Club Member
Reaction score
CBS has the Dolphins taking a corner at #7 overall. Idiots (Ryan Wilson)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/w...aft-its-all-about-the-franchise-quarterbacks/

Walter has us taking a safety at 15....

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

Rotoworld: Safety at 14 because we solidified our O-line this year. SMH

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

PFF: 269 lb DT at 13

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-sam-darnold-goes-first-in-pffs-early-2018-mock-draft/

FoxSports: OT at 24 who will push Tunsil back to LG. WTH? (Safety in rd 2).

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/galler...the-way-too-early-two-round-projection-042917

DraftSite: ILB at 22.

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2018/

Matt Miller: RT at 13.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-draft-matt-millers-way-too-early-predictions

SI.com: DT at 12.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/05/02/nfl-mock-draft-top-2018-college-prospects

And these guys get paid for this? LOL. At least some of them have us in the playoffs.

Safety seems highly possible unless McDonald balls and we resign him.

I could see OL too.

TE an option?

Maybe LB??

I can't see us taking a corner unless it's for the nickel job, and not a first rounder there

I could see OL too.

TE an option?

Maybe LB??

I can't see us taking a corner unless it's for the nickel job, and not a first rounder there

I'm thinking OL, DL, and or CB/S in the 1st. If we pair Christian Wilkins up with Suh :devilish

Minkah Fitzpatrick is my number one target for the Dolphins though.

CB should high on the list. Let's see how Lippett does this yr. Tank most likely won't see a lot of action. Byron is probably as good as gone, so yeah, CB will be a priority.
Would LOVE to see McDonald ball those 8 games.

As for my view I have no idea what our priorities will be next year. Have to let the season play out and our needs will become even more apparent.
Remember we have lots of players coming off injuries including our QB and center so we'll see how that goes.
On the defensive side got to hope our guys can stay healthy , all our draft picks can contribute and the new DC knows his stuff.

They better pick a center next year. Enough of this Pouncey roller coaster

that's kinda where my thoughts are...thinking pounce gets the Brandon albert treatment next offseason...and they don't have anything even remotely athletic enough on the pivot in house to take over...if you gonna pinch on the guards you better get a high level pivot and solid tackle play...

but this tempo we are gonna play with should help the oline...

other potentials the obvious being safety interchangeable type sure tackler maybe a tight end if Julius Thomas doesn't pan out if not watch for mark Andrews of Oklahoma...he fits

and of course dt if Jordan Phillips doesn't step up this year and they are likely gonna need another de for the rotation in 2018 although im doubting they will have to use a 1st round pick on it considering I don't think they will be looking for high level edge pass rush that quickly

I'm expecting a pick in the 20's again...unless tanny gets hurt and we have to scrap the fast paced offense/chop it down to more basic motion based coverage ids for matt moore

that's kinda where my thoughts are...thinking pounce gets the Brandon albert treatment next offseason...and they don't have anything even remotely athletic enough on the pivot in house to take over...if you gonna pinch on the guards you better get a high level pivot and solid tackle play...

but this tempo we are gonna play with should help the oline...

other potentials the obvious being safety interchangeable type sure tackler maybe a tight end if Julius Thomas doesn't pan out if not watch for mark Andrews of Oklahoma...he fits

and of course dt if Jordan Phillips doesn't step up this year and they are likely gonna need another de for the rotation in 2018 although im doubting they will have to use a 1st round pick on it considering I don't think they will be looking for high level edge pass rush that quickly

I'm expecting a pick in the 20's again...unless tanny gets hurt and we have to scrap the fast paced offense/chop it down to more basic motion based coverage ids for matt moore
Agreed, but the safety position I think we might be OK for another year if TJ can live up to the hype, and I hope Phillips breaks out of his shell.

Last edited:
We should always be in upgrade option at CB. It's a throwing league now and a team can never have enough good CBs. If we happen to get a lock down CB, it would make a QB hesitate on his throw enough for a sack possibly.

And I think the OL is far from finished. Definitely need a center and another guard (and possibly a RT).

Some of these guys signed one year deals but could still re-sign given the fact that Gase is building a great culture in Miami and players want to be here. TJ McDonald and William Hayes are two that come to mind. Hayes has already stated that he never would have taken a shortened deal if he knew how much he would love it in Miami. He's very likely to be extended as long as he doesn't have a huge drop-off. I'm fairly confident he still has plenty left in the tank and will have a great season.

As far as TJ, we'll have to see how he works next to Jones as they are both very similar "in the box" safeties. There would have to be a rangy, stud safety available in the draft next year like Hooker or Adams for us to take one in round 1.

Pouncey needs to play 14 games and show he can recover from the hip injury. If not, he is likely gone with only a 2M dead cap hit. Center could be very high on the list. I don't see a lot of top FA's available next year...not that I would want to spend that much when we could draft one. Not a lot of stud centers coming out in the last few years though.

As mentioned we need to get a look at Phillips as well as the our other young DT's. That could be in play as well but I think they probably go BPA again.

Could be DE, DT, FS, C, OG depending on who is BPA. Could also be a RT (Maybe not in round 1) depending on James but I think we are probably good there. Also LB depending on Raekwon and also maybe a TE. A lot left to sort out.

I will not be very happy if we are drafting in the 12-15 range. I don't see it.

A guard/center type is an absolute need early. The team has to have a good option in case of further injuries to Pouncey. If Pouncey is healthy that player could replace Bushrod. Price, on Ohio State, is a player that comes to mind. At this point, I have no idea where he is slated to go but I'd think it's probably 2nd round range or late 1st maybe.

Defensive tackle, safety, linebacker and corner would all seem like possibilities depending on how players on the roster develop. Miami would be smart to continue to build the defense. The offense seems close, but a young tight end with talent would be nice.

Jordan Whitehead would look beautiful next to Rashad Jones. He's probably the only S, at the moment, who I'd consider in the 1st.

Trenton Thompson is a young, strong, athletic DT, and if he continues on his current trajectory, he should be a top-15 pick, and he'd look great next to Suh.

Minkah Fitzpatrick and Iman Marshall look like legit CB options in RD 1, but if the priority is the Slot, 2018 should be thick with quality Slot CB's.

I'm not going to click on each link, but most of these picks are bad.

2017 offseason needs: OG, S, DT, CB

2018 potential needs: OG, S, DT, CB.

I like The Draft Site only because they are one of the first sites to put out a full round mock, they change their picks at least 10 times before the draft since now they have Miami picking
Da'Shawn Hand DT Alabama and then QB, QB (which isn't going to happen in rounds 2 and 3). I use that site as a reference tool for prior picks and trades.

Back
Top Bottom