It's going to take more than free agency and the draft to fix the team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's going to take more than free agency and the draft to fix the team

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm doing this thread because I've seen many threads and posts about how hard it'd be to fill every hole we have in just one off season. We'll only have so much money under the cap for free agents and as far as the draft we have an extra 4 but no 5th round selection. I believe we have one extra 7 round pick.

When it comes to our needs well, lets see. We need to find a pass rush as we have none right now. We need help at RB,TE,LB,OG,OC, looks like RT as well, not to mention Landry might be leaving and we need a young QB to groom.
So how do we fix it all in one off season? Here's what I think will need to happen. Don't worry, this is not one of those Madden dumb fantasy idea where we trade everyone for 47 different picks in the first two rounds. No, if we're going to get the help we need, it's going to have to come from players already on the team. We can bring in 2 or 3 free agents depending on money/cap and we're gonna have to hit on some of the draft picks but we really need some of our young players taking the next step and I mean a big one.

Who do we have that we can hope for to really step it up next year? I'll go down the list and no, I don't expect each of them to all of a sudden play like all pros. I'm just hoping they will be much better next year.

Offense first,
Tannehill. We gotta hope he comes back 100% healthy and plays the way he was trending right before he got hurt. If he doesn't then nothing else will matter unless we pull the trigger on a top 10 QB next April

WR-If Landry leave which I believe he will then Carroo and Scott might get their chance. It'd be nice to see either of them play in the last 6 games of this year but either way, at least one of them could be the 3rd WR after Parker and Stills

O-line- I believe Pouncey and Bushrod need to go and James could be going too. Larsen is a career back up so if we really want to make this o-line better we'll need at least two starters if not 3
Davis-I was hoping he'd get a chance to show if he can be our RT but with Bushrod going down he got moved back to guard. Still, he's a guy that "could" be a new starter for us next year

Asiata- We're all waiting and hoping for him to develop which imo is hard to do when you're not active

Young-Played decent on Sunday at RT
Brendal- Same as above. He did well in the falcons game so I wish he'd get a chance

It'd be awesome if at least two(hoping for 3)of those 4 linemen can become "good" starters then it'd eliminate some holes
As far as WR, I believe it's time to give Carroo a chance to see what he can do so that the FO can either prove us wrong or so that they know they messed up and move on

Defense- DG has been an awesome gift at DT but we can use two other guys stetting up next year
Phillips I believe hes been better and maybe 2018 is when he puts it all together
Taylor has been ok but I believe he has the talent to play better

Harris- this is the guy that needs to take the biggest step. So far he's done pretty much nothing other than show a flash here and there. I think he's on pace to end up with maybe 2 sacks and less than 10 tackles?
Pass rush is a big need and it'd really help us if he can start playing like a first rounder

Tank and Howard- They have both have times when they have played well, specially Tank but they have zero turnovers back there and they're not getting their hand on any footballs but I believe they have have the tools and we can hope that they're both much better in 2018

Lippett- Same as Tannehill. We need him back 100% healthy and he was trending up so gotta hope he can take off from there

RM-We can really use help at MLB and the kid could be the answer there so again, he's another guy that has the talent but has to be back 100% healthy and ready to contribute.
Anthony-Looked fast out there on Sunday and strong but can he be a solid starter for us?
I don't expect ALL of these guys to be so much better next year but what if half of them are? That's really help us fill some holes and free agency and the draft could help fill the others. One can only hope

Did I miss anyone?

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom