It's Not All Jay Cutler, Folks

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by J. David Wannyheimer, Oct 8, 2017.

1. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

I'll start by saying that the interception Cutler threw in the first half was absolutely dreadful, and 100% on him for throwing up a floater to a guy who was blanket covered with defenders all around him.

But what I'm seeing today is awful blocking and dropped passes. On that sequence alone we saw a straight up drop by Landry, Thomas failing to make a catch in traffic, and then another straight up DROP by Stills.

Landry and Stills dropped passes that would have given us first downs. And these were NOT the first drops I have seen today. How about Julius Thomas just straight up stone-handing the third and one pass on the last series before that? These aren't fastballs that are being dropped either, but soft, touch passes.

We don't need Matt Moore, we need multiple players to pull their heads out of their asses.

Ray R, 3rd N Long, Digital and 10 others like this.
  2. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

Im the biggest Cutler critic you will find and would start Moore at the next snap. But I do agree, its far from just Cutler. The entire O is massively out of sorts. But cutler is meant to be an expensive solution designed to take the O to the next level, not yet another problem.

I do think Moore would provide a shot in the arm and breath some life into the O. but yea a lot other players must step up aswell

joenhre likes this.
  3. flynryan15

flynryan15 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Before half Landry drops ball on sideline, did not fight for it. Second half drops by Grey, Landry, Thomas twice and Stills. No way you gain momentum with that. Not to mention our first round pick Turnstile at left tackle. Offense lacks any kind of emotion, very flat. Seems like they aren't buying into Gase.

4. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

178 yards of offense and they win by 6. Cutler or not, I want Moore in to play. Titans win by 24+ if Mariota plays.

Fintastic17, Viggen, Rodman89 and 5 others like this.
  5. Fin Thirteen

Fin Thirteen FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

It's not jsut Cutler making errors, but I think the whole offense is flat because of Cutler and their lack of faith in him and the version of their scheme that Gase is feeding Cutler.

6. Highzenga

Highzenga Well-Known Member

Cutler is literally pressured every play. Highly unlikely Matt Moore would fare any better. Although, it would be difficult to be any worse. Also, I would cut Thomas today. He's completely useless. But at least we got the W

Ray R likes this.
  7. Ren

Ren Rookie

The bad isn't all Cutler, but none of the good is Cutler.

8. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

OL sucks big time.

Bradysgay, CoronaDoug and rudys119 like this.
  9. AZStryker

AZStryker Pro Bowler

I don't think anybody is saying is all or even mostly on Cutler. Most of the fans are criticizing Gase for complete and total inept play calling, horrific situational awareness, and blindly sticking with a qb who had 30 yards in the first half. I think he's lost the locker room with his dictatorship and we are in for some ugly games with players just going through the motions.

EricCartman likes this.
  10. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

I have seen a number of people in the game thread blaming Cutler almost exclusively during the game. Just saying, the whole offense looks like crap except for Jay Ajayi and JaWuan James.

Ray R likes this.
  11. Bumrush

Bumrush FinHeaven VIP

Cutler sucks. End of story. The offense hasn't been this inept since Ray Lucas was forced in to action. It's historically pathetic.

kcbrown, Spiff, DuderinoN703 and 3 others like this.
  12. AZStryker

AZStryker Pro Bowler

I think Cutler should be blamed but it's mostly Gase's fault for not pulling him, and that's what you're seeing. He keeps throwing off of his back foot and short hopping receivers. Yet Gase just can't (or won't) see that he's not executing his piss poor calls which makes the offense look even worse.

13. Etuoo33

Etuoo33 Seasoned Veteran

I think Fin 13 is on to something, I don't think the O buy's into Cutler. As much as Moore will get our receivers killed with his ball placement, It's time...

kcbrown likes this.
  14. 1 dol fan

1 dol fan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I love Ajayi but I feel like he hasnt been busting the huge gainers t hat set the tone for the offense. I don't have the time to do the research but I would guess if Ajayi has a single run of 20+ yards, the team usually wins. I also feel like there would be a correlation with how many carries Ajayi gets, as well.

My point being, i that our offense doesn't run through the QB anymore, let alone Landry. We need our inspiring plays to come from the run game. Cutler isn't the main problem because he isn't the decider of whether or not we win. Ajayi, is the key to winning for this offense. We need to keep that in mind when designing game plans

15. -=DolfanDave=-

-=DolfanDave=- A True Fan

Cutler is done. I'm all for putting Moore in at this point but not gonna be shocked when we're 2-7 and still starting the guy who should've stayed retired.

kcbrown and AZStryker like this.
  16. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

You can't blame Cutler for everything. We dropped a lot of easy passes and the O-line still sucks for the most part. Parker getting hurt didn't help matters either. The defense had a great game and they were playing hard all day. I don't believe that Gase has lost the locker room or else, the defense would look horrible too. I still believe it starts with the o-line and we miss Tannehill.

Does anyone knows how bad is the injury to Parker?

Ozzy rules!!

Ray R, joenhre and Dakar001 like this.
  17. Dolphins512

Dolphins512 My Friends Call Me Bob Finheaven VIP Donator

Yes and no. If we take Cutler's play out of it......

I agree that the receivers didn't help much with some key drops and there was too much pressure allowed. Ajayi's fumble also wasn't good.

However, the condensed playbook, the baby play calling and the lack of energy are all symptoms of Cutler being there.

When we get to Cutler himself, he has been terrible. His footwork is awful, his time management / sense of urgency is non existent and he clearly has no leadership skills or even desire to exhibit any.

I agree with you that it isn't Cutler himself, but it is the entire package of Cutler and his impact on the offense.

I think I would rather see Matt Moore slinging it around out there. We are probably going to need 21 points next week to compete with the Falcons, and this offense can't do it.....at least with what we have seen in Moore, we know he can move the team.

18. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2

Gase isnt benching Cutler after a win.

Playcalling was much better the last few possessions and we were able to move the ball. Once Gase stopped with the RPO bullshit, the trick plays and the WR screens we actually made some positive yardage.

Unfortunately, it took him until the tail end of the 3rd Q to get his head out of his ***.

Dakar001 likes this.
  19. Fin Thirteen

Fin Thirteen FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I hate Moore but Cutler is unplayable. He's sucking the life out of the O.

20. Beach Bum 91

Beach Bum 91 Water Boy

THANK YOU!!

21. ahmilli

ahmilli Rookie Finheaven VIP

Moore did great last season with the same amount of pressure. Get him in there

22. Finfaninillinois

Finfaninillinois New Member

I live right by Chicago so I had to watch cutler and bears. Cutler never won with bears and he won't win here... he's a .500 qb plain and simple. So for you guys that think we gonna find lighting in bottle with him think again. He is what he is!!

23. ohall

ohall A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

Once they get the OL figured out, if they ever do, things can get much better for this offense. The pass protection with this OL is very AVG to say the least. I don't think Moore would change what is going with our OL. But who knows, he does have that gun slinger thing going for him. However I know this for sure whether it's Cutler's fault or not, if the O doesn't get going soon, Gase will have to make a QB change. This O is lacking energy.

24. -=DolfanDave=-

-=DolfanDave=- A True Fan

Moore could actually produce points with pretty much the exact same players on offense last season, against tougher competition and under more pressure late in the season with the playoffs in the balance.

I've seem enough of Cutler to knows he's done. Moore gives us a chance to win games without having to rely solely on the defense. Cutler won't win us anything unless the defense allows less than 10 points to the opposition in every single game.

25. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

Have you noticed how much and how well Cutler has moved in the pocket? Every drop back he has no time to set and throw. The OL is as bad as it ever was for 17. Tunsil, Bushrod and Thomas are the biggest issues. Moore would fare no better if he was on the field. It’s mystifying how badly Tunsil has regressed.

Ray R, Riftur, Aquablood and 4 others like this.
  26. Njphinsfan

Njphinsfan A True Fan

I understand this is not all on Cutler, but the guy shows absolutely no emotion or fire. He just doesn't care and the offensive players are following suit. I'd be curios to see if the OL plays better with Moore behind them, because I'm sure the receivers would. Cutler is just not a leader.

joenhre and Beach Bum 91 like this.
  27. royalshank

royalshank Practice Squad All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

My biggest issue w Jay is he doesn't want to stick his nose in there. All this throwing off of the back foot and happy feet in the pocket - he looks scared of getting hurt. For $10mil I want to see him stand in there and deliver. This win is a total mirage as Matt castle sucks as bad as Jay and we are now 4 straight games where a Cutler led offense has scored a total of 3 TDs. How do you not make a QB change? QBs job is to lead the offense to points. If he's not doing that after 4 games you seriously have to think about other options. See if it sparks the team.

joenhre likes this.
  28. Bumrush

Bumrush FinHeaven VIP

The stadium was dead today. They took on Cutlers energy

kcbrown likes this.
  29. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Cutler needs everything around him to be perfect just so he can be average. If not, Cutler is a very bad QB

30. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

Cutler sucks.

31. dolphinlifer

dolphinlifer Well-Known Member

Yep, its obvious offense is giving up on Gase, sadly very depressing to say but this is turning very philbin esque. Gase might just keep his job because of the wins even though he had nothing to do with them, never thought it could get worse than Philbin, but somehow its much worse, my god, gase is bad. Won't be surprised to see a mutiny soon because obviously Gase will never change. For those complaining about the OL Tannehill never had this good of an OL as bad as it is. The players don't care because of Gase, real coaches players love playing for. Thankfully the defense still played hard but you can't keep winning with only one side of the ball playing. Gotta love Dolphins players heart, dolphins coaches, not so much.

AZStryker likes this.
  32. Beach Bum 91

Beach Bum 91 Water Boy

Cutler isn't a leader, doesn't make those around him better, and he plays scared. Nuff said.

kcbrown and joenhre like this.
  33. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

If Gase is true to his word, he MUST either bench Cutler, or 2 OLmen or both. He has to change SOMETHING or he's no more than a cool breeze.

34. pmj

pmj Well-Known Member

Exactly. I don't know what people are watching. Almost all of today was on Cutler. The pass protection was fine. He was throwing horrible balls, throwing with crap footwork and mechanics, and doesn't keep his eyes down field to let the play develop if he has to move AT ALL. His accuracy is dramatically worse than Tannehill's, and his ability to make a good intermediate or deep throw when he may get hit is dramatically worse than Moore. I'm surprised myself but Moore would get much better results than him, he just looks scared.

35. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2

I'm not happy with Cutler either, but you guys that think he has actually been given a pocket to throw out of, or even "better" protection than Tanny has gotten the last few years, are high.

Cutler certainly is a problem, but the oline is a huge problem as well.

Digital, Bradysgay and Dakar001 like this.
  36. allsilverdreams

allsilverdreams Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

We win by 24 if Tannenhill plays

mnphinfan, kcbrown and joenhre like this.
  37. Zounds

Zounds CPA4LYFE Donator

On the WR/TE drops: the receivers had their hands on the balls, but Cutler hasn't placed the ball in the catch zone very often. And let's say those receivers caught those drops (I counted 3 this game), is that enough to say Jay Cutler played well? I don't think it is. This guy isn't throwing the ball the way he should. Receivers shouldn't have to adjust so much to catch a ball. At this point, I don't even think Cutler is a good game manager type of QB.

On the OL: they played well enough to win. They gave Cutler enough time to throw the ball. Cutler is a vet, he should know who's got favorable coverage before the ball is even snapped. Cutler doesnt need 4 seconds to throw the ball.

Overall, I'm still in favor of benching Cutler.

38. Mogwai

Mogwai Seasoned Veteran

Cutler's awful. Let's call it as it is. No position influences the rest of the team as much as QB and he's a garbage QB who somehow is an even worse leader. Also Gase's arrogance in regards to Cutler can only poison the rest of the team.

39. DuderinoN703

Probably due to teams not viewing Cutler as a threat to do anything with the ball. That enables them to tee off on the run game. Remember that Ajayi has been hit in the backfield a ton already in just 4 games.

40. DuderinoN703

I don’t doubt that. I’d much prefer Ryan to be healthy and the QB. The Jets and Saints games would’ve been different IMO.

finfanzula, kcbrown and joenhre like this.