It's Not All Jay Cutler, Folks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Not All Jay Cutler, Folks

J. David Wannyheimer

Writing in pencil on laminated cards since 2011
Club Member
Reaction score
I'll start by saying that the interception Cutler threw in the first half was absolutely dreadful, and 100% on him for throwing up a floater to a guy who was blanket covered with defenders all around him.

But what I'm seeing today is awful blocking and dropped passes. On that sequence alone we saw a straight up drop by Landry, Thomas failing to make a catch in traffic, and then another straight up DROP by Stills.

Landry and Stills dropped passes that would have given us first downs. And these were NOT the first drops I have seen today. How about Julius Thomas just straight up stone-handing the third and one pass on the last series before that? These aren't fastballs that are being dropped either, but soft, touch passes.

We don't need Matt Moore, we need multiple players to pull their heads out of their asses.

Im the biggest Cutler critic you will find and would start Moore at the next snap. But I do agree, its far from just Cutler. The entire O is massively out of sorts. But cutler is meant to be an expensive solution designed to take the O to the next level, not yet another problem.

I do think Moore would provide a shot in the arm and breath some life into the O. but yea a lot other players must step up aswell

Before half Landry drops ball on sideline, did not fight for it. Second half drops by Grey, Landry, Thomas twice and Stills. No way you gain momentum with that. Not to mention our first round pick Turnstile at left tackle. Offense lacks any kind of emotion, very flat. Seems like they aren't buying into Gase.

Cutler is literally pressured every play. Highly unlikely Matt Moore would fare any better. Although, it would be difficult to be any worse. Also, I would cut Thomas today. He's completely useless. But at least we got the W

I don't think anybody is saying is all or even mostly on Cutler. Most of the fans are criticizing Gase for complete and total inept play calling, horrific situational awareness, and blindly sticking with a qb who had 30 yards in the first half. I think he's lost the locker room with his dictatorship and we are in for some ugly games with players just going through the motions.

I don't think anybody is saying is all or even mostly on Cutler. Most of the fans are criticizing Gase for complete and total inept play calling, horrific situational awareness, and blindly sticking with a qb who had 30 yards in the first half. I think he's lost the locker room with his dictatorship and we are in for some ugly games with players just going through the motions.

I have seen a number of people in the game thread blaming Cutler almost exclusively during the game. Just saying, the whole offense looks like crap except for Jay Ajayi and JaWuan James.

I have seen a number of people in the game thread blaming Cutler almost exclusively during the game. Just saying, the whole offense looks like crap except for Jay Ajayi and JaWuan James.

I think Cutler should be blamed but it's mostly Gase's fault for not pulling him, and that's what you're seeing. He keeps throwing off of his back foot and short hopping receivers. Yet Gase just can't (or won't) see that he's not executing his piss poor calls which makes the offense look even worse.

I think Fin 13 is on to something, I don't think the O buy's into Cutler. As much as Moore will get our receivers killed with his ball placement, It's time...

I love Ajayi but I feel like he hasnt been busting the huge gainers t hat set the tone for the offense. I don't have the time to do the research but I would guess if Ajayi has a single run of 20+ yards, the team usually wins. I also feel like there would be a correlation with how many carries Ajayi gets, as well.

My point being, i that our offense doesn't run through the QB anymore, let alone Landry. We need our inspiring plays to come from the run game. Cutler isn't the main problem because he isn't the decider of whether or not we win. Ajayi, is the key to winning for this offense. We need to keep that in mind when designing game plans

Back
Top Bottom