It's Not All Jay Cutler, Folks

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by J. David Wannyheimer, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Hoops, from what you are saying about Cutler....

f*** it. Put Moore in, he might not be able to read a defense well, but he is willing to try to win for the team and will give it his all. If it means more wins, less wins, I don't really care. Its about 2018 at this point.

This offseason we need to totally revamp the OL outside of Tunsil / James. Draft a true FS, a young qb, a TE, and OL/LBs.... we can have legit playoff hopes next year imo

2. <O>

<O> Well-Known Member

The problem here is that it's impossible to determine whether the other offensive players' mistakes are attributable exclusively to themselves, or to themselves and Cutler.

An extreme and unrealistic analogy makes the point -- imagine starting a high school QB on the Dolphins. Would the other offensive players respond by giving more effort to compensate for the high school QB, or would their effort suffer due to their realization that no matter how hard they try, they aren't winning with a high school QB?

Such could be the situation presently on the team, only with Cutler, who may be giving the other offensive players not exactly the same low level of optimism a high school QB would, of course, but a woefully insufficient level of optimism at the NFL level nonetheless.

3. hoops

hoops exited stage left

We are gonna waste this defense if we don't make a move for a qb. I'd try to trade for teddy bridgewater he fits the o they may part with him for a 3. Provided he is gonna be medically cleared. That would be my primary.

The other option is probably aj Mccaron but he's a heavy stays on his primary and stares it down qb

Send cutler packing if we make an add.

I hate wasting this defense and another year of cam wake cause the qb position is tragic

This is a good football team that's season is already over because of the qb play/options

4. 3rd N Long

3rd N Long Member

5. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

this isn't on the QB? good on him to avoid a rush but that's not a good throw AT ALL

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Blackcreekbandit likes this.
  6. Digital

Digital Starter

82.33 ... repeating of course.

LEEEEEEEERRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYY ...

7. Dakar001

Dakar001 Active Member

Miami dolphin fans I just finished watching the first three series of the Miami Tennessee game . Jay Cutler did nothing wrong on the first three series.He made the correct reads of the Tennessee defense. On the first series it was Devante Parker on third and eight who made a nice catch but instead of going up the field he decided to go horizontal which cost us a first down. On the second series it was Kenny stills on second down with the throw to Landry, that Stills missed his block and caused Landry to get tackled behind a line of scrimmage. On the third Series Miami was in the red zone and Cutler made a really good thow to Grant who could not hold onto the ball in the end zone. I will watch the rest of the game later on but people remember, watch the game closely before you blame the quarterback for the offenses demise.

8. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

unfortunately you and i both know that's not gonna happen - if i had to guess we are stuck with the gase/cutler experiment this year and it's going to be a battle of limiting the qb influence on the offense until he either benches him or somehow cutler gets comfortable...we are going to keep trying to win games with our defense and ajayi....

atlanta will be a good test