It's Not All Jay Cutler, Folks | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Not All Jay Cutler, Folks

Our offense seems to play a majority of the game within 5 yards of the los. Whatever the reason why we refuse to throw down field is the what needs to be fixed. Gase doesn't think it's Cutler, so what is it?

There's a lot of line blame cause the timing routes aspects of the o are out. He's in improv mode way too much cause he won't stand in.

He has no interest in taking a pocket hit and he's not going to while he's here. So forget about it.

Is this a qb protest?? Thomas drops a ball in his hands, next play Landry drops one (Although a tough ball to catch) next play Stills drops one. Seems sketchy. Are these guys wanting Moore to come in?
Stills, Landry etc came off the field shaking their heads quite often. Landry threw a **** fit several times on the sideline.
At one point he went after Moore engaging him in a heated debate. It was so bad that one of the assistant coaches came over to calm Landry down and was assisted by another teammate. We can only speculate on the discussion Landry had with Moore but based on hand gestures we figured he told Moore to get out on the field. Moore is the professional one and just brushed him off and that send Landry over the edge.

I definitely could see a little player revolt because some of those dropped passes were highly unlikely for players like Landry who is know to make tough catches in traffic. A lack of effort was visible with several players.

Last edited:
Our offense seems to play a majority of the game within 5 yards of the los. Whatever the reason why we refuse to throw down field is the what needs to be fixed. Gase doesn't think it's Cutler, so what is it?

That's just trying to maintain the sticks cause he's worried about the qb screwing it up otherwise. Same for the wildcat crap now. Same for the runs on 2nd and long etc. gase is calling the game to limit the qb exposure more than anything else.

And on tape I don't blame him

They went to some more under center and fasano instead of Thomas who is killing us in tbe run game in the 2nd half. Found some success. But that titans run d is poor and so vs a lot of teams that's not gonna be enough.

It's up to the qb and unfortunately it's not active. So there's nothing sustainable about it

That's just trying to maintain the sticks cause he's worried about the qb screwing it up otherwise. Same for the wildcat crap now. Same for the runs on 2nd and long etc. gase is calling the game to limit the qb exposure more than anything else.

And on tape I don't blame him

It seems like clockwork if we go incomplete on first down we're running the ball on 2nd.

All I know is that Jay Cutler really ****ing sucks. No wonder the Bears dumped that loser.

It seems like clockwork if we go incomplete on first down we're running the ball on 2nd.

Yeah he's trying to limit the sticks exposure get into 3rd and 6 or less.

Like clock work. And the more tape you see of the qb doing other things situationally the more obvious it becomes he has no choice.

At least Moore has shown he's willing to stand in there to make a throw, and actually making somekind of weight transfer into it... Cutler is botching everything, from his dropbacks to his throwing mechanics, he's out there not giving a **** plain simple...

Moores coverage reads are worse. That's why he won't play him unless he has to.

That part I get

At least Moore has shown he's willing to stand in there to make a throw, and actually making somekind of weight transfer into it... Cutler is botching everything, from his dropbacks to his throwing mechanics, he's out there not giving a **** plain simple...

I'd think anyone on the team who didn't appreciate Tannehill beyond his improving skillset, long ball abillities, ability to read defenses, mobility and willingness to stand in there to make a play, going into the season, sure must appreciate him now.

Going into the season, there was much speculation on whether Cutler would actually be an upgrade. It's ironic, but telling that now the speculation revolves around whether Moore would be an upgrade over Cutler.

Cutler isn't the problem

People who are fixated on him don't understand most of what is going on.

The guards get beat on just about every play

When the fan base was chanting for matt Moore I bet Adam gase was thinking this is the dumbest fan base ive ever been around.

I think your analysis is spot on except for this part. I do think Moore could have made some of the plays we left on the field today and last week. Moore isn't going to throw a 20-yard dart or run the option, but he can move the ball far better than Cutler can. Moore will likely be responsible for 2 turnovers a game, but the way our defense has been playing, I can live with his 2 turnovers a game. I'm not saying Moore is a good QB, in fact the opposite, but Cutler is the worst QB in football right now. No doubt about it. Look at some of these terrible QB's that had a better day than Cutler today: Andy Dalton, Josh McKown, Kevin Hogan, EJ Manuel, Bryan Hoyer, Jacoby Brissett. That list is abysmal, and Cutler couldn't outplay a single one of them today.

Cutler isn't the problem

People who are fixated on him don't understand most of what is going on.

The guards get beat on just about every play

Cutler is bad and part of the problem, all I am saying is that the OL has not been good and the receivers are leaving plays on the field.

Back
Top Bottom