its official frerotte sucks

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by adamprez2003, Aug 14, 2005.

1. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 FinHeaven VIP

Having listened to an entire week of Feeley bashing it is now official Frerotte is no better than Feeley. They are both the same as most Feeley supporters have known all along. Amazingly Frerotte supporters actually believed that somehow Frerotte was light years ahead of Feeley. Now we know, if you believe Feeley sucks so does Frerotte. If you think frerotte is adequate so is Feeley. Neither one is going to run away with the competition and pull away. Its going to come down to youth over experience and that's going to be up to Saban to decide which he prefers. So hopefully from here on out we end the threads that elevate one or the other. This season is simply going to be a matter of choosing which poison you prefer.

2. 34dontlosethat#

34dontlosethat# Rookie

:shakeno: :mad:

3. nicksaban rules

nicksaban rules Banned Hammered

At Least He Don't Throw Int's Like Your Boy Aj Feeley Does.

4. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon A True Fan

I don't get it, as soon as the game ended people came on here and ripped Feeley. But look at Frerotte's numbers too, no one is bashing him.

5. ladeback

ladeback Seasoned Veteran Finheaven VIP

here we go... first ricky now this.

6. 34dontlosethat#

34dontlosethat# Rookie

Some of these people are not very smart!

7. Phinz1972

Phinz1972 Make me a sammich

Is everyone forgetting that we are running a new offense this year? Are they aware that everyone has to adjust to their teammates, surroundings, etc...?

Give me a freaking break, these people are in the NFL game because they are NFL talented.

8. DolphinsRkool99

DolphinsRkool99 Well-Known Member

I dont think Frerotte sucks.

9. nicksaban rules

nicksaban rules Banned Hammered

nfl talent who feeley lol are you a moron you,wanny,and speilman are the only one's who think aj can play the game of football well philly had him in the right place 3rd string.

10. Phinz1972

I'm a moron? Thats funny because you are the one riding the jock strap trade him for this, trade him for that. You must be confused there little buddy, your username does have nicksaban in it, but you are not him and you don't get to make NFL level decisions.

11. Surferosa

Surferosa Run to Daylight

Why are all you guys so quick to judge? Are you like this in real life as well, or is it just the emotion of being a passionate football fan that gets you so riled up?

Show some patience. When Nick and Linehan start to panic, I'll panic as well.

12. fitskin

fitskin Starter

The finheaven faithful will soon be split right down the middle.

13. adamprez2003

I dont care if you are rooting for either one. They are equal. Neither is better. That is the point. If you want to trash one trash em both if you want to praise one praise em both. no difference

14. GRYPHONK

GRYPHONK Pro Bowler

Excellent excellent post!!

I will just add those that support Frerotte better have supported Fiedler.

Frerotte is running this offense almost identical to the way Fiedler used too. Overthrowing and underthrowing his WR'S consistantly. MIssing WR'S in the end zone stalling drives leading to FG'S. Throws passes that should have been intercepted. He had 2 of those tonight. If not for Ricky he would have only moved the chains once.

He follows a decent outing with a horrible one. It is almost a mirror image of Fiedler

15. Phinz1972

Bash them both, praise them both?

How is that possible when one is doing better then the other? When one is throwing int and one isn't? When one is throwing long balls with ease and poise and one isn't?

16. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan E tū iho nei, tū iho nei, hī!

Come on Phinz...Feeley threw 1 int...of which was pretty much agreed upon by everyone that it was the recievers fault...and Frerrote has not been throwing the long ball with ease. To this point..really..neither are much better than the other.

17. GrnMtnMan

GrnMtnMan There's no school like The Old School

I'd rather lose with youth since this is a "rebuilding" year. Frerotte should be a support system for Feeley only. There for a) Feeley's success or b) Feeley's failure. One phrase comes to mind......you can't polish a turd! We need to find what we have in Feeley. This is his make or break year; playing Frerotte does absolutely nothing for this franchise right now. That is, unless, he leads us to a Superbowl win. Anyone out here think he is capable of that? No? Then Feeley should start - hands down.

18. Phinz1972

I'm not bashing Feely or saying Gus is the man, I'm just saying its impossible to cheer both and praise both when one does good and one does bad in a game. They are each different players and are each developing at their own speed.

19. vt_dolfan

Well said you old dog....by the way...get back to work!!!!

20. pwn3dyo

pwn3dyo FinHeaven VIP

I will settle this arguement. I am not pulling for anyone in this QB battle. Frerotte sucks, as does feeley, as does sage, and berlin is good against people who might make the practice squad. In other words, we are doomed.

21. vt_dolfan

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Doomed..I love it. Weather channel reports 100% chance of rain over at pwn3dyo's house for the next 6 mos.

22. GrnMtnMan

GrnMtnMan There's no school like The Old School

Woke up just in time to post a few words, but eyes are get...t...i......n....g h ea v i e r b y t hhe m in ut e ......

23. pwn3dyo

pwn3dyo FinHeaven VIP

24. adamprez2003

It's comments like that that caused me to put this post up. Its threads titled Its official AJ sucks that caused me to title mine. Who is throwing long balls with ease and poise? I havent seen any QB on Miami show ease and poise since Marino. There is zero difference in effectiveness between the two. The only difference is one of style not substance. If you prefer dink and dunk with the occasional pass of more than 8 yds go with Frerotte. If you prefer someone who looks first to throw ten yds down the field go with Feeley. Is either one more effective? No. They both have flaws and they both have a few positives. Unfortunately, neither one is able to elevate the offense above its natural level. Give either qb protection and they will move the team. Pressure either one of them and we are punting. zero difference

25. Phinz1972

Thats the problem here, everyone wants to jump on the defensive at whatever somebody wants to post. I did not mean it to mock your thread or anything, just stating to praise both and bash both when they are doing totally DIFFRERENT things is impossible.

26. dolfan3033

dolfan3033 Seasoned Veteran

Really? Then why support one guy over the other in the first place?

27. NFND

NFND MIAMI DOLPHINS FOOTBALL

do any of you guys think that it just might be our O-line that make them both look bad?

28. dolfan3033

Learn how to use create sentences before you call someone else a moron.

Thanks for playing.

29. dolfan3033

Our OLine played half decent last night. Huge improvement since Monday. However, that might be because they blitzed much less than Chicao or it might be the coaching. I tend to believe it was the coaching.

30. enigmatics

enigmatics Go get me a juice box!

No.

31. enigmatics

The difference is one man has better and more experience than the other. That's the difference kiddo.

32. adamprez2003

Its fair to support one because you prefer his style but in substance and effectiveness they are the same grade. If you are optimistic you can give both a c and say that the offensive line isnt helping out. if you are pessimistic you can give both an f. but to say one is CLEARLY better is absurd. Ive seen on one post today where someone said that Frerotte showed poise and pocket presence? HE WENT 6 OF 14 FOR 51yds! Yeah the stats may suck but he looked poised. AJ has no pocket awareness another post said. Yeah thats because he's aware that his pocket is collapsing. Im tired of people looking through rose colored glasses at one qb and with a hyper critical eye at the other. Use the same evaluation for both and you realize there is zero difference in effectiveness.

33. adamprez2003

Yeah one guy has more experience being a backup and played like it tonight. And you know what so did feeley. Right now what we have is two very good backups or two avg to below average qbs depending on how critical you want to be with them. zero difference in effectiveness

34. enigmatics

When both grade out so average, the only thing left to do is going with the experience factor. The writings on the wall and has been on the wall. Feeley is not a Saban guy. This is what happens when regime changes happen. Unless they're an outright great player like a Jason Taylor or a Zach Thomas, then they're most likely not going to survive - especially at the QB position. The Linehan-Gus relationship alone says enough about our QB situation.

It's funny to me that Feeley supporters fail to recognize this. The only thing Feeley could do to remedy the situation is just flatout blow Frerrotte away in training camp and in preseason games. That hasn't happened and most likely won't from what we have seen thus far. We're not expected to win the Superbowl, but at the same time I think our fan base is rabid for a serviceable QB. They're not going to put up with another 3rd stringer turned "unsuccess" story. Frerotte's the safer bet. Seriously, you don't have to be a brainiac to see that.

In a year or two we won't be talking about either.........can't friggin' wait.

35. IM sorry I have been supportive of AJ throughout most of this, but there is no doubt that Gus is the better QB and shows much better poise in the pocket. Even in your sig AJ looks like he is constipated instead of playing QB.

He is too emotional and eratic. We got beat on this trade, lets face it.

36. vt_dolfan

Wrong..if your team has a shot to win it all this year..you go with Gus...possibly. We dont. Feeley is starting. Saban will do this IMO because we need to see if he can be developed further into a good QB. He has the tools. Look at what he emphasizes..teaching... coaching. If he sees even a glimmer of potential in AJ..AJ Starts...Gus sits. Even if it means sacrificing wins this year.

37. enigmatics

We need to see if he can be developed? No we don't. Feeley wasn't a Saban aquisition. It's as simple as that. Saban owes him nothing. He was a Wanny Regime aquisition, one which made no sense in the first place. Saban's going to have to make due until next season.

38. adamprez2003

At the same time he doesnt owe Frerotte anything. Frerotte is a Linehan aquisition. Its saban's reputation thats at stake. He's going with whoever he feels more comfortable with. Unfortunately up till now there is very little difference between them.

39. vt_dolfan

Again..wrong. Saban does not give two shakes at whether or not..he himself brough Feeley in. Saban owes Feeley nothing..he owes Huizenga and the fans. Saban wouldnt put his own ego above them. If he thinks he can develop Feeley and use the draft picks elsewhere next year..and FA money elsewhere..but damn well bet on the fact that Saban will start Feeley. Period.

40. enigmatics

Huh? Just a Linehan aquisition? Wait........let's look at the structure of this. Saban is our HC and our GM. He decides to go out and get Linehan to coach our offense. So Linehan's a Saban guy. Not to mention any player signed to the team is a Saban guy because Saban has the final say so.......he's the friggin' GM!

And what's this garbage about Saban's reputation being at stake? He barely has any when it comes to the NFL. It's been over a decade since he graced an NFL field. No matter which QB starts this year it won't matter since neither of them are our future and neither of them will be here longer than a year or two. Saban's reputation...... lol ........ what Dolphins team are you looking at man? The direction this franchise is going in is going to be a process.....