its official frerotte sucks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

its official frerotte sucks

adamprez2003 said:
It's comments like that that caused me to put this post up. Its threads titled Its official AJ sucks that caused me to title mine. Who is throwing long balls with ease and poise? I havent seen any QB on Miami show ease and poise since Marino. There is zero difference in effectiveness between the two. The only difference is one of style not substance. If you prefer dink and dunk with the occasional pass of more than 8 yds go with Frerotte. If you prefer someone who looks first to throw ten yds down the field go with Feeley. Is either one more effective? No. They both have flaws and they both have a few positives. Unfortunately, neither one is able to elevate the offense above its natural level. Give either qb protection and they will move the team. Pressure either one of them and we are punting. zero difference

The difference is one man has better and more experience than the other. That's the difference kiddo.

dolfan3033 said:
Really? Then why support one guy over the other in the first place?

Its fair to support one because you prefer his style but in substance and effectiveness they are the same grade. If you are optimistic you can give both a c and say that the offensive line isnt helping out. if you are pessimistic you can give both an f. but to say one is CLEARLY better is absurd. Ive seen on one post today where someone said that Frerotte showed poise and pocket presence? HE WENT 6 OF 14 FOR 51yds! Yeah the stats may suck but he looked poised. AJ has no pocket awareness another post said. Yeah thats because he's aware that his pocket is collapsing. Im tired of people looking through rose colored glasses at one qb and with a hyper critical eye at the other. Use the same evaluation for both and you realize there is zero difference in effectiveness.

enigmatics said:
The difference is one man has better and more experience than the other. That's the difference kiddo.

Yeah one guy has more experience being a backup and played like it tonight. And you know what so did feeley. Right now what we have is two very good backups or two avg to below average qbs depending on how critical you want to be with them. zero difference in effectiveness

adamprez2003 said:
Yeah one guy has more experience being a backup and played like it tonight. And you know what so did feeley. Right now what we have is two very good backups or two avg to below average qbs depending on how critical you want to be with them. zero difference in effectiveness

When both grade out so average, the only thing left to do is going with the experience factor. The writings on the wall and has been on the wall. Feeley is not a Saban guy. This is what happens when regime changes happen. Unless they're an outright great player like a Jason Taylor or a Zach Thomas, then they're most likely not going to survive - especially at the QB position. The Linehan-Gus relationship alone says enough about our QB situation.

It's funny to me that Feeley supporters fail to recognize this. The only thing Feeley could do to remedy the situation is just flatout blow Frerrotte away in training camp and in preseason games. That hasn't happened and most likely won't from what we have seen thus far. We're not expected to win the Superbowl, but at the same time I think our fan base is rabid for a serviceable QB. They're not going to put up with another 3rd stringer turned "unsuccess" story. Frerotte's the safer bet. Seriously, you don't have to be a brainiac to see that.

In a year or two we won't be talking about either.........can't friggin' wait.

IM sorry I have been supportive of AJ throughout most of this, but there is no doubt that Gus is the better QB and shows much better poise in the pocket. Even in your sig AJ looks like he is constipated instead of playing QB.

He is too emotional and eratic. We got beat on this trade, lets face it.

enigmatics said:
When both grade out so average, the only thing left to do is going with the experience factor. The writings on the wall and has been on the wall. Feeley is not a Saban guy. This is what happens when regime changes happen. Unless they're an outright great player like a Jason Taylor or a Zach Thomas, then they're most likely not going to survive - especially at the QB position.

It's funny to me that Feeley supporters fail to recognize this. The only thing Feeley could do to remedy the situation is just flatout blow Frerrotte away in training camp and in preseason games. That hasn't happened and most likely won't from what we have seen thus far. We're not expected to win the Superbowl, but at the same time I think our fan base is rabid for a serviceable QB. They're not going to put up with another 3rd stringer turned "unsucess" story. Frerotte's the safer bet. Seriously, you don't have to be a brainiac to see that.

In a year or two we won't be talking about either.........can't friggin' wait.

Wrong..if your team has a shot to win it all this year..you go with Gus...possibly. We dont. Feeley is starting. Saban will do this IMO because we need to see if he can be developed further into a good QB. He has the tools. Look at what he emphasizes..teaching... coaching. If he sees even a glimmer of potential in AJ..AJ Starts...Gus sits. Even if it means sacrificing wins this year.

vt_dolfan said:
Wrong..if your team has a shot to win it all this year..you go with Gus...possibly. We dont. Feeley is starting. Saban will do this IMO because we need to see if he can be developed further into a good QB. He has the tools. Look at what he emphasizes..teaching... coaching. If he sees even a glimmer of potential in AJ..AJ Starts...Gus sits. Even if it means sacrificing wins this year.

We need to see if he can be developed? No we don't. Feeley wasn't a Saban aquisition. It's as simple as that. Saban owes him nothing. He was a Wanny Regime aquisition, one which made no sense in the first place. Saban's going to have to make due until next season.

enigmatics said:
We need to see if he can be developed? No we don't. Feeley wasn't a Saban aquisition. It's as simple as that. Saban owes him nothing. He was a Wanny Regime aquisition, one which made no sense in the first place. Saban's going to have to make due until next season.

At the same time he doesnt owe Frerotte anything. Frerotte is a Linehan aquisition. Its saban's reputation thats at stake. He's going with whoever he feels more comfortable with. Unfortunately up till now there is very little difference between them.

enigmatics said:

Again..wrong. Saban does not give two shakes at whether or not..he himself brough Feeley in. Saban owes Feeley nothing..he owes Huizenga and the fans. Saban wouldnt put his own ego above them. If he thinks he can develop Feeley and use the draft picks elsewhere next year..and FA money elsewhere..but damn well bet on the fact that Saban will start Feeley. Period.

adamprez2003 said:
At the same time he doesnt owe Frerotte anything. Frerotte is a Linehan aquisition. Its saban's reputation thats at stake. He's going with whoever he feels more comfortable with. Unfortunately up till now there is very little difference between them.

Huh? Just a Linehan aquisition? Wait........let's look at the structure of this. Saban is our HC and our GM. He decides to go out and get Linehan to coach our offense. So Linehan's a Saban guy. Not to mention any player signed to the team is a Saban guy because Saban has the final say so.......he's the friggin' GM!

And what's this garbage about Saban's reputation being at stake? He barely has any when it comes to the NFL. It's been over a decade since he graced an NFL field. No matter which QB starts this year it won't matter since neither of them are our future and neither of them will be here longer than a year or two. Saban's reputation...... lol ........ what Dolphins team are you looking at man? The direction this franchise is going in is going to be a process.....

DolphinsRkool99 said:
I dont think Frerotte sucks.
I dont ethier...but I dont think hes the answer,or a starter.....Qb is going to remain a problem this yr......unless Feeley show's improvement expect another change at the helm next yr.

vt_dolfan said:
Again..wrong. Saban does not give two shakes at whether or not..he himself brough Feeley in. Saban owes Feeley nothing..he owes Huizenga and the fans. Saban wouldnt put his own ego above them. If he thinks he can develop Feeley and use the draft picks elsewhere next year..and FA money elsewhere..but damn well bet on the fact that Saban will start Feeley. Period.

He owns Huizenga and the fans to develop Feeley? ..........again, you're speaking from a biased perspective because you want Feeley to succeed. Hate to break it to you, the entire Dolphin fan base is not a Feeley supporter. You seem to forget this is Saban's team. Look, all you need to do is look at nearly every NFL team from the past 20 years and watch what happens when regimes change with franchises who have floundering QB's. The team will get molded in the new regimes image. Feeley was not part of that image. Feeley was part of the Wanny/Speilman image. Hell, go look at Cleveland.........go look at Arizona.........go look at S.F......... when regimes change so do their waste of space QB's.

You're clinging on to your affection for a man with a very slim shot of ever becoming anything in this league. I'm just curious as to why that is.

enigmatics said:
He owns Huizenga and the fans to develop Feeley? ..........again, you're speaking from a biased perspective because you want Feeley to succeed. Hate to break it to you, the entire Dolphin fan base is not a Feeley supporter. You seem to forget this is Saban's team. Look, all you need to do is look at nearly every NFL team from the past 20 years and watch what happens when regimes change with franchises who have floundering QB's. The team will get molded in the new regimes image. Feeley was not part of that image. Feeley was part of the Wanny/Speilman image. Hell, go look at Cleveland.........go look at Arizona......... when regimes change so do they're waste of space QB's.

But what you fail to realize..is that your opinion of what a waste of space QB is..doesnt mean jack. Im speaking from the perspective that it is by far the most logical decision..GIVEN OUR CURRENT SITUATION..to eliminate any doubt that Feeley can be the QB we are looking for. That hasnt happened. Gus hasnt even really outplayed Feeley. So..if Saban sees potential..Feeley will start. If he doesnt..he wont. Bet on that. It doesnt matter what you or I think..it only matters what he thinks.

enigmatics said:
He owns Huizenga and the fans to develop Feeley? ..........again, you're speaking from a biased perspective because you want Feeley to succeed. Hate to break it to you, the entire Dolphin fan base is not a Feeley supporter. You seem to forget this is Saban's team. Look, all you need to do is look at nearly every NFL team from the past 20 years and watch what happens when regimes change with franchises who have floundering QB's. The team will get molded in the new regimes image. Feeley was not part of that image. Feeley was part of the Wanny/Speilman image. Hell, go look at Cleveland.........go look at Arizona.........go look at S.F......... when regimes change so do their waste of space QB's.

You're clinging on to your affection for a man with a very slim shot of ever becoming anything in this league. I'm just curious as to why that is.

If saban didnt see anything in feeley he wouldve drafted a qb. as for clinging to someone who has a very slim shot of becoming anything in this league thats still better than someone who has NEVER BEEN anything in this league

vt_dolfan said:
But what you fail to realize..is that your opinion of what a waste of space QB is..doesnt mean jack. Im speaking from the perspective that it is by far the most logical decision..GIVEN OUR CURRENT SITUATION..to eliminate any doubt that Feeley can be the QB we are looking for. That hasnt happened. Gus hasnt even really outplayed Feeley. So..if Saban sees potential..Feeley will start. If he doesnt..he wont. Bet on that. It doesnt matter what you or I think..it only matters what he thinks.

............lol..........you're a trip. You keep arguing that Gus hasn't beat him out. Yet the fact remains neither are really any good!!!!!!!!! And at this point when you have two QB's who aren't widely outplaying each other, the only thing left to go with is the intangibles. Gus is the only one sporting those in case you haven't noticed. He's got better career numbers.........more career experience...... ten times more experience under Linehan's system. But again, it's only for a year!!!!!!!!! Stop whining and arguing under every Feeley-Gus thread and understand the full perspective on this. Had Alex Smith been available we would've been drafting him instead of Ronnie. That alone says enough about what I'm trying to convey to you about our QB situation - neither are here for the long haul!

Back
Top Bottom