its official frerotte sucks | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

its official frerotte sucks

adamprez2003 said:
If saban didnt see anything in feeley he wouldve drafted a qb. as for clinging to someone who has a very slim shot of becoming anything in this league thats still better than someone who has NEVER BEEN anything in this league

Could it have been that Saban didn't see any QB worth drafting at the slot of the number 2 pick? Is it possible that Saban knows that there are some great QBs coming out in the upcoming draft(since he was coaching in college and all)?

Not saying thats what is it, it's just that only Saban knows why he is keeping either or QB and only Saban knows what he will be doing.

adamprez2003 said:
If saban didnt see anything in feeley he wouldve drafted a qb. as for clinging to someone who has a very slim shot of becoming anything in this league thats still better than someone who has NEVER BEEN anything in this league

Oh but he did. Alex Smith wouldn've been the choice had he fallen to us at No.2 ..........

Frerotte's never been anything in this league? Hahahah riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. He's at least been to the Pro Bowl. The only bowl AJ has seen is the toilet bowl.

Phinz1972 said:
Could it have been that Saban didn't see any QB worth drafting at the slot of the number 2 pick? Is it possible that Saban knows that there are some great QBs coming out in the upcoming draft(since he was coaching in college and all)?

Not saying thats what is it, it's just that only Saban knows why he is keeping either or QB and only Saban knows what he will be doing.

That's exactly what it was. Saban didn't like any of the other QB's after Alex Smith.

Its not that I want Feeley to start as much as it is that I realize that starting Gus does nothing for the long term future of our team. I want to see if Feeley can do it over the course of the season..and if he cant..then I want to see us either draft or trade for a QB like Rivers. Gus is a good mentor. Thats what he was brought in to do. Saban is testing Feeley to see how he responds to pressure. How does he react when pushed? I would rather see Feeley develop and use the picks next year..at places like DL..and OL. Im willing to watch our team lose in the short term...to see them win it all in the end.

vt_dolfan said:
Its not that I want Feeley to start as much as it is that I realize that starting Gus does nothing for the long term future of our team. I want to see if Feeley can do it over the course of the season..and if he cant..then I want to see us either draft or trade for a QB like Rivers. Gus is a good mentor. Thats what he was brought in to do. Saban is testing Feeley to see how he responds to pressure. How does he react when pushed? I would rather see Feeley develop and use the picks next year..at places like DL..and OL. Im willing to watch our team lose in the short term...to see them win it all in the end.

So all of this is about testing little known AJ Feeley? Bro. Seriously. Gus was not brought in to mentor. Why is there a QB debate going on then if he was just here to pamper AJ? The window of opportunity in this league to become a great starting QB is very small. Sometimes politics come into play. Sometimes regime changes and system changes come into play. Above all, production comes into play. AJ Feeley is showing nothing at this point. I still don't understand why you've clung yourself to the idea that he can be developed. He'll be 29 this season. It's not realistic to expect anything out of a man who's almost tipping into the 30's and has yet to solidify a starting role.

enigmatics said:
Frerotte's never been anything in this league? Hahahah riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. He's at least been to the Pro Bowl. The only bowl AJ has seen is the toilet bowl.

Yeah yeah he made the probowl --last century. For all his experience and intricate knowledge of the system and famous pocket presence he still cant put any distance between himself and the guy who has yet to start his 16th pro game

enigmatics said:
So all of this is about testing little known AJ Feeley? Bro. Seriously. Gus was not brought in to mentor. Why is there a QB debate going on then if he was just here to pamper AJ? The window of opportunity in this league to become a great starting QB is very small. Sometimes politics come into play. Sometimes regime changes and system changes come into play. Above all, production comes into play. AJ Feeley is showing nothing at this point. I still don't understand why you've clung yourself to the idea that he can be developed. He'll be 29 this season. It's not realistic to expect anything out of a man who's almost tipping into the 30's and has yet to solidify a starting role.

So tell me...what exactly do we get by having Gus start....keeping in mind...his stats do not reflect that he really has outplayed Feeley at all...so make sure your answer is based on fact..not your opinion.

Also.. I wonder is Saban had brought in both QB's would people be so down on AJ. Or do most of you just dislike him because of how you feel about Wanny and Spielman?

vt_dolfan said:
Also.. I wonder is Saban had brought in both QB's would people be so down on AJ. Or do most of you just dislike him because of how you feel about Wanny and Spielman?

Most AJ bashers have been around since AJ started playing last season. I'm just at I'm cheering for the team and will cheer as if Marino was still playing, no matter who are QB is. As long as we are winning with whoever the QB is, I'm happy.

vt_dolfan said:

i think its a combo of both with the feeley bashers. the problem with their arguments is that they argue that someone like frerotte is an improvement over feeley. he's not. he's merely a replacement of equal value. if we had a tom brady or peyton manning i too would be crying for feeley to be benched but we dont and therefore i agree with your points go with the younger qb who however slim it my look right now at least has an iota of a chance to improve versus a career backup who has zero chance of improvement

adamprez2003 said:
Yeah yeah he made the probowl --last century. For all his experience and intricate knowledge of the system and famous pocket presence he still cant put any distance between himself and the guy who has yet to start his 16th pro game

Circumstance bro........circumstance. He's clearly posted better preseason numbers........and he's dealing with an entire squad who's learning a new system. Yes this two goes for Feeley, however prior to this season Frerotte has enjoyed ten times more success. 'Nuff said.

vt_dolfan said:
So tell me...what exactly do we get by having Gus start....keeping in mind...his stats do not reflect that he really has outplayed Feeley at all...so make sure your answer is based on fact..not your opinion.

How do his stats not reflect him outplaying Feeley? So do we just disregard stats? We get an experienced veteran who knows the system in Gus. It's really not all that difficult to understand really.

Phinz1972 said:

yeah it could have been but i doubt that he wouldve not taken a shot later in the draft at an orton or frye

vt_dolfan said:

I speak for myself here, but I don't dislike AJ the person. I dislike AJ the player. I want a real friggin' QB on this squad....not somebody else's depth chart filler. If we want to develop somebody, I want us to draft a young 22-23 year old QB and groom him.

enigmatics said:
I speak for myself here, but I don't dislike AJ the person. I dislike AJ the player. I want a real friggin' QB on this squad....not somebody else's depth chart filler. If we want to develop somebody, I want us to draft a young 22-23 year old QB and groom him.
grooming would require a good qb for him to learn from.... :D

Back
Top Bottom