its official frerotte sucks | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

its official frerotte sucks

adamprez2003 said:
i think its a combo of both with the feeley bashers. the problem with their arguments is that they argue that someone like frerotte is an improvement over feeley. he's not. he's merely a replacement of equal value. if we had a tom brady or peyton manning i too would be crying for feeley to be benched but we dont and therefore i agree with your points go with the younger qb who however slim it my look right now at least has an iota of a chance to improve versus a career backup who has zero chance of improvement

He's not equal man!!!!! He's got better numbers any way you look at, whether it's preseason or years past! It's unfortunate, but you've staked your claim to a QB who's unlikely to find success in this league. No I'm not doubting him completely, but again it's not likely. Be realistic.

one thing i will say that maybe all can agree upon. after the next game saban needs to name the starter and not let it play out like last year

adamprez2003 said:
yeah it could have been but i doubt that he wouldve not taken a shot later in the draft at an orton or frye

So "I doubt" is something of fact? Hate to break it to you "I doubt" is merely personal bias.

adamprez2003 said:
one thing i will say that maybe all can agree upon. after the next game saban needs to name the starter and not let it play out like last year
cause alot of turmoil last year ,so yeh he should.

depac33 said:
grooming would require a good qb for him to learn from.... :D

No it doesn't. Grooming comes from QB coaches, offensive coordinators, and head coaches.

adamprez2003 said:
Yeah yeah he made the probowl --last century. For all his experience and intricate knowledge of the system and famous pocket presence he still cant put any distance between himself and the guy who has yet to start his 16th pro game

Gus didn't play well. But he still outplayed Feeley. Both of their competions percentages were bad. But Feeley threw an INT and barely got away with throwing a second. And that was with just 13 pass attempts. And how may of THOSE attempts were little dump offs...

Feeley makes bad decision's too often he panics under pressure,and thats his downfall IMO .Gus is just Gus,,,I really have nothing to say about him except...he gave himself a concussion....

Frerrotte wasn't awful. He was playing against a very good defense and he played respectably. He made some nice throws.
Honestly, some of you over react whenever one of the QB's has a less than stellar performance in a preseason game.
Everyone (even the great ones) have good days and bad days. Lighten up

adamprez2003 said:
Having listened to an entire week of Feeley bashing it is now official Frerotte is no better than Feeley. They are both the same as most Feeley supporters have known all along. Amazingly Frerotte supporters actually believed that somehow Frerotte was light years ahead of Feeley. Now we know, if you believe Feeley sucks so does Frerotte. If you think frerotte is adequate so is Feeley. Neither one is going to run away with the competition and pull away. Its going to come down to youth over experience and that's going to be up to Saban to decide which he prefers. So hopefully from here on out we end the threads that elevate one or the other. This season is simply going to be a matter of choosing which poison you prefer.
you forgot to add that neither is a long term answer to the QB situation here...hell, I'd be surprised if either was a short term answer either

enigmatics said:
He's not equal man!!!!! He's got better numbers any way you look at, whether it's preseason or years past! It's unfortunate, but you've staked your claim to a QB who's unlikely to find success in this league. No I'm not doubting him completely, but again it's not likely. Be realistic.

maybe but frerotte's career stats are horrible. neither qb elevates his team at this point. to be adamant about either one is insane. its not like youre arguing for peyton manning to be starting where people would have a legitimate argument. for me aj throws a better ball and at least looks to go deep plus i respect the way he never complained last year under the ridiculous situation he was put into. he showed guts and he beat the patriots and improved as the season wore on. i also believe he's improved in several areas this preseason although he still has a ways to go. is he the answer? maybe not. the point is as it stands now neither qb is going to add wins or add losses. they are going to simply to the level of the rest of the offense

enigmatics said:
So "I doubt" is something of fact? Hate to break it to you "I doubt" is merely personal bias.

breaking news - - your opinions are your own personal biases. everyone who ever speaks has their own personal biases. before pointing out bias make sure you have none

adamprez2003 said:
breaking news - - your opinions are your own personal biases. everyone who ever speaks has their own personal biases. before pointing out bias make sure you have none

No..........there's fact......like Gus has better preseason stats than AJ. And then there's opinion which are usually preceeded by statements like "I doubt" ;)

''We just didn't get much going,'' Feeley lamented. ``You get a little frustrated so you throw the ball down the field and hope your guy makes a play. Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesn't.''

Great idea! So it's okay to throw it up for grabs? This is exactly why Feeley shouldn't, and isn't, going to start. Managing a game does not include throwing the ball up on a prayer. I wonder how fast that quote made it back to Saban. The problem is, if it wasn't for dump offs, Feeley might have a competion percentage in the mid 20 percent range and his QB rating for last night would gave been closer to 15 than 27. Feeley plays scared and wants to get the ball to the closest man possible. There is a huge and noticable difference in the poise of the two QBs. (Gus and AJ) Gus' stats weren't lights out but even coach Saban acknowledged, in a round about sort of way, that Gus played better.

Back
Top Bottom