It's the Reaction of a Team After a Loss That Says a Lot About Them | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's the Reaction of a Team After a Loss That Says a Lot About Them

Jal

It's Alive!
Reaction score
When we were blown out against the Cardinals, I know there were a lot of people calling for Sparano's head and saying that we were facing another 0-16 season. However, I was curious to see how the team reacted in this week's game. And boy, did their reaction say a lot! It showed that this team didn't lose their confidence and it shows that they have heart and still have that desire to win, despite losing 2 straight to start the season. This is something that I didn't see last year - it seemed like a lot of players gave up last year and it really showed.

The main thing I attribute this to is coaching. Hearing about Sparano not getting any sleep and watching game film from the Cardinals game sounded like lip service at the time, but I think this game shows that it wasn't lip service - he got his team turned around and got them prepared for the Pats.

I'm not saying that we're playoff bound or anything, but I think this team is on the right track and I have a lot of confidence in this coaching staff. This was a great win and even more sweeter due to the fact that we stuck it to the Pats! :woot: :woot:

i am pretty sure if we had the staff from last year we would have lost this game

After the Cards game got out of hand I was kind of rooting for us to get as big of a drubbing as possible so we would be forced to acknowledge that some things need to change and that we have to do a lot to get us out of the hole we have been in the last few years. It appears that the coaching staff and the players got the message and are actively working to change our losing ways. There are still a few things that really concern me about this team, but we finally look like we are on our way to becoming a better team. As we have discussed before, we can't fix everything in the offseason, but there are some parts of our team that have really progressed and we can work to fix the others in the offseason.

Back
Top Bottom