It's way early for a mock draft, but I thought I'd share for fun.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's way early for a mock draft, but I thought I'd share for fun..

Assuming I know Carradine is going to be there in the 2nd, I go Banks in the 1st. If I don't feel good about Carradine being there, I probably lean toward caution and draft Werner and look for someone like Trufant with one of my 2nd's. The way I see the board, I feel that we'll likely look to a DE or CB in the 1st and whichever we don't draft in the 1st, we'll look to with one of our 2nd's. With the other 2nd, I think we go WR, and I think we also use one of the 3rd's on a WR. Of course, Ireland has passed on obvious clusters of talent at the WR position for years, and he's passed on BPA at positions of need for years (Earl Thomas, anyone?). So if he's still on board, who knows?

Assuming I know Carradine is going to be there in the 2nd, I go Banks in the 1st. If I don't feel good about Carradine being there, I probably lean toward caution and draft Werner and look for someone like Trufant with one of my 2nd's. The way I see the board, I feel that we'll likely look to a DE or CB in the 1st and whichever we don't draft in the 1st, we'll look to with one of our 2nd's. With the other 2nd, I think we go WR, and I think we also use one of the 3rd's on a WR. Of course, Ireland has passed on obvious clusters of talent at the WR position for years, and he's passed on BPA at positions of need for years (Earl Thomas, anyone?). So if he's still on board, who knows?
I agree with your order. I still think we get pass rusher #1, although that could change if Dee Milliner is on the board and guys like Bjoern Werner and Jarvis Jones are gone. Don't even mention Earl Thomas. I'm still upset that we traded down and missed drafting him. I'd trade both the guys we got straight up for Thomas.

I agree with your order. I still think we get pass rusher #1, although that could change if Dee Milliner is on the board and guys like Bjoern Werner and Jarvis Jones are gone. Don't even mention Earl Thomas. I'm still upset that we traded down and missed drafting him. I'd trade both the guys we got straight up for Thomas.

Im with you there...............

As to Hunter, he is one of the most intriguing players in this entire draft, but you've got to factor in the injury. If Miami ends up picking in the 20's, I'd definitely take the chance on Hunter. His tools are rare, in my opinion, in that he can stretch the field both vertically and horizontally. It's a nice weapon for a qb to have when a guy can go up and get the ball and consistently win those battles. There are safer picks at wide receiver to be sure, but I don't think there's anyone with more talent.

Why are you guys talking about drafting playmakers early? We're drafting a guard with our first pick. Then we're taking a DT and an ILB in round 2. We won't take any playmakers till the 6th round.It's against the rules to draft playmakers early.

Ozzy rules!!

As to Hunter, he is one of the most intriguing players in this entire draft, but you've got to factor in the injury. If Miami ends up picking in the 20's, I'd definitely take the chance on Hunter. His tools are rare, in my opinion, in that he can stretch the field both vertically and horizontally. It's a nice weapon for a qb to have when a guy can go up and get the ball and consistently win those battles. There are safer picks at wide receiver to be sure, but I don't think there's anyone with more talent.
Yatil Green Jr...if he was around in the 2nd (he should be IMO) I look but 1st nope...

Yatil Green Jr...if he was around in the 2nd (he should be IMO) I look but 1st nope...
Yikes. Hope not for his sake, but he could bust due to injuries. That's always a possibility. If the Dolphins do end up taking Hunter, I think they would douible up with another receiver fairly eary. In fact, even if the team takes a guy like Keenan Allen I would expect them to double up. Miami needs to solve the receiver issue before Tannehill and the offense can take a step forward.

I agree Tannehill....needs playmakers around him. Draft Keenan Allen and sign (FA) M. Wallace or G. Jennings should open up the offense.

no thanks on hunter in the first. IMO, edge rusher has to come ahead of WR especially if we are sniffing a top ten pick. I like bjoern or mingo... unless you are looking at a guy like keenan allen in the face, than you have a bit of a dilemma. although, I think the impact werner or mingo would have is slightly higher than the impact a first round WR would have.

this all gets easier if we do indeed have a WR targeted for free agency. woods could fall to the 2nd, hopkins, etc... I think the need for that edge rusher opposite wake, has to take priority.

Back
Top Bottom