"I’ve got picks and money" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I’ve got picks and money"

The next 4-8 years of where this team goes basically is in 1 persons hands...His season starts right now!!!!

Go Jeff Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really kind of worry about who Ireland views as playmakers as well. In another thread CK brought up a good point, and I hope I'm not misquoting him, that to Ireland having great measurables and being a playmaker seem to be the same thing. A guy that's this tall and this fast are similar players, so why not grab the guy that goes in the sixth round and take someone safe in the first round? It's very flawed logic.

I really kind of worry about who Ireland views as playmakers as well. In another thread CK brought up a good point, and I hope I'm not misquoting him, that to Ireland having great measurables and being a playmaker seem to be the same thing. A guy that's this tall and this fast are similar players, so why not grab the guy that goes in the sixth round and take someone safe in the first round? It's very flawed logic.

That post sums up Ireland's drafting philosophy. Him having picks and money scares me

I liked this part of the article as well.

"That means free agent Jake Long’s days with the team could be over. Frankly, even when Long was great he never won or lost a game. He didn’t run for yards or catch passes, and he didn’t stop anyone from doing it. Lots of teams with worse left tackles went to the playoffs while the Dolphins stayed home."

He was referring playmakers and players like jake long in their respective positions.

Yeah he needs to hit on 4 out of 5 of the first 5 picks.

This is our year for a grade A draft.....and although I'd like to keep him,we also have trade bait for Matt Moore.

Matt Moore's contract is expiring. I hope we can resign him because having a proven veteran backup QB is a wonderful thing, but I am afraid he will be heading off to a team that needs a starting QB like Arizona, Buffalo, or the Jets. I really hope it's not the Jets.

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

I think we're going to find out very early in free agency just how worried we should be. If he brings in the Legedu Naanees of the world again, we are in big trouble.

He brings in Jennings or Wallace or even Bowe or Harvin, and he doesn't throw ten million a year at Jake Long, and maybe I put away the pitchfork until the draft.

picksandmoney-1.jpg

I am a big Jake fan, but he has been dissapointing and injury prone. The big dude cannot bend as much as h could only 2 seasons ago. Use that money on a starting CB such as cox. WR such as Wallace/Jennings/bowe. We will have a tough schedule and need veteran playmakers to mix with the rookies.

One thing that scares me with letting long walk would be using our 1 on one of the tackles that will be available. I am also not sold on weak Jonathan Martin being abl to protect RT)'e blind side. He needs to put in alot of time in the weight room

Right. Ireland's drafting philosophy has not even resulted in a good o-line (considering all of the picks and money that went into it), let alone a team with its fair share of talented playmakers. WR and CB were big holes heading into this season. How did he fill them? He signed FAs that couldn't make other teams' rosters, and waited until the end of the draft to look for WRs. On the business end, he may have decided to not pay big bucks on FAs this year and accumulate draft picks and cap money so that he could go for broke next year. While this is actually a good strategy from a business point of view, on the football side of things not getting a good WR and CB is probably the reason why they won't be in the playoffs this year. Ireland seems to be competent with money matters, but he needs help in the talent acquisition department.

Yea, well we had money last year. as well and nobody wanted to come here. Im more interested in the draft.

It's easy to be competent with money matters when you don't have any talent to spend it on. He has also paid out big bucks to offensive lineman who stunk. This guy, and and an eye for talented playmakers, are on a different planet. If he stays, and actually does the right thing, it will be the biggest shock of my life. Lets look at it this way, he didn't even get good players for the philosphy he was groomed in. He was a failure for 5 years here, and were supposed to trust him now. I believe letting Jeff Ireland make any further personel decisions is a huge mistake. If he stays, i hope he proves me wrong, because i am sick of losing every freaking year.

Back
Top Bottom