"I’ve got picks and money" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I’ve got picks and money"

Dez Bryant: " I have 1311 yards and 12 TDs I am a player maker!"

Ireland: " yeah but you lack measurables"

He's also got a team os security guards...errrrrrr babysitters that the Cowboys pay for to keep him out of trouble. Could you imagine him in South Beach???

the reality is, like him or hate him, we should all hope that he does an excellent job this offseason. Period end of story.

The problem is too that there are too many fans that would rather be right than to see him and Miami do well. They will deny it, but it's not the case.

He's also got a team os security guards...errrrrrr babysitters that the Cowboys pay for to keep him out of trouble. Could you imagine him in South Beach???

The real issue here is not Dez Bryant. Dez has major character issues, lapses in concentration, and sometimes shrinks in big situations.

The issue here is that Jeff Ireland simply hasn't addressed the wide receiver position, at all. He waited until the 6th round in the draft to try to address it, and his big free agent solutions were Chad Johnson (awful last year with Brady throwing him the ball) and Legedu Naanee (just plain awful).

It is bizarre to me that anyone can rabidly defend the job that this man is doing at this point.

Don't worry, the 1st and 2nd rounders Ireland picks this year he'll be able to trade away and acquire 2nd and 3rd rounders for in 2 years.

Progress baby !!

:hclap:

Let's not forget his other trading high water marks such as flipping a # 9 overall pick (GINN) for a 5th rounder and a high second round pick (Samson Satele) for a SIXTH!

haha

Let's not forget his other trading high water marks such as flipping a # 9 overall pick (GINN) for a 5th rounder and a high second round pick (Samson Satele) for a SIXTH!

haha

That's a lot more than Egnew and Daniel Thomas will fetch. heh

* see Clyde Gates

ps- the 2011 draft looks to be a disaster considering miami has so many holes. The Only guy worth a damn is Pouncey from that entire draft... and of course ireland had to select that position at the HIGHEST in that positions HISTORY to do it. lol

Jeff Ireland is the new Upgrayedd..Double D for a double dose of dismal drafts..

Misi >>>>> Gronkowski (the guy I was screaming for at that pick on FH during draft day)

Ireland killed me on that one. Especially when he resigned that slow stiff Fasano a year later and his precious 300 yards for the season. lol

That's a lot more than Egnew and Daniel Thomas will fetch. heh

* see Clyde Gates

ps- the 2011 draft looks to be a disaster considering miami has so many holes. The Only guy worth a damn is Pouncey from that entire draft... and of course ireland had to select that position at the HIGHEST in that positions HISTORY to do it. lol

Not only that but he had a probowl clone already in the NFL for a year. Safest. Pick. Ever.

Ireland has already proven that he can have completely horrendous offseasons, I don't want to give him an opportunity to have more. My biggest fear is he does just enough to save his job again next year which results in us having nothing to show for our good head coach and QB 5-10 years down the road.

It was really easy to predict that the 2011 season would be a disaster, there's a saying in the NFL that if you're standing still you're actually going backwards. We did absolutely nothing in the 2011 offseason.

I've been satisfied by Ireland's job overrall... He's put himself in a great position this year to make big things for the team.

When he thought he needed a WR he went out there and got Brandon Marshall, when we needed a spark on offence and a running back, he went out there and got Reggie Bush, I'm excited to see what he's got under his sleeve this time

Well if he screws this off season and draft up he's a gonner.

If he screws up this off season and draft he dooms the Dolphins to several more years of mediocrity. No matter what Ross chooses to do with the General Manager position, that is the real danger of this off season.

This was his fifth year as GM. There are no excuses for anything that's gone on the last few years, yet people continue to make them. And they'll make them next year if things don't pan out.

Agreed, same as others will bitch and find problems with the team even if Miami wins 12 games next year.....it's called being a fan.

Ireland has an opportunity to make himself a hero this draft, if he keeps his eye on the ball. If he flunks out this offseason, he is going bye-bye. This is a classic make or break situation.

Agreed, same as others will bitch and find problems with the team even if Miami wins 12 games next year.....it's called being a fan.

What's wrong with always looking for ways to improve? Call it "bitching" if you want, but that's pretty much how I approach everything in life, and it's worked out great. The day I'm fully satisfied as a fan is the day I stop caring about the sport, but that won't ever happen, even if we win a SB. I'll just want another.

Ireland has an opportunity to make himself a hero this draft, if he keeps his eye on the ball. If he flunks out this offseason, he is going bye-bye. This is a classic make or break situation.

Except it breaks the Dolphins for a very long time

Back
Top Bottom