J.J. Swat! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J.J. Swat!

miamifin12345

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He's eaten everybody alive with getting his hands in the lanes... I know that first game is long behind us but still good to see... I think he has 8 tip passes for the year?

Definitely playing like a Def MVP.

That's why I think many people's concerns about Tannehill's passes getting tipped and knocked down were overblown. Watt says he just follows the QB's arm and times his jump by it. I don't know why more d-lineman don't try Watt's technique?....they're probably too fat and slow to be able to jump. :chuckle: We should steal this and get our lineman to get their hands up more often. Get some tall corn fed lineman who maybe played volleyball in their past and know how to block the ball. Watt just has to tip a few passes and he or the LB's or DBacks can then get some picks. I think Wake can get just as many sacks as Watt, and maybe he can slap a few passes down.

He's the best defensive player in the game right now, he is the reason Houston won last night. Those 2 tips were HUGE, revented 2 TDs for the Jets and hgave Hou another 3 pts. Both plays resulted in huge swings in that game.

He's the best defensive player in the game right now, he is the reason Houston won last night. Those 2 tips were HUGE, revented 2 TDs for the Jets and hgave Hou another 3 pts. Both plays resulted in huge swings in that game.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

you don't think he was the difference?

down 14-7 late 1st half on what would have been a Jets TD he tips ball and hou returns it to FG range. Instead of 14-14 it's 17-7 Houston.

Later down 9 on another would be TD he knocks it away so instead of being down 2 they are down 6. Those 2 plays were the difference in the game.

I think it was a combination of Watt, their defense, Arian Foster and Schaub that won it for them. I don't think they will go undefeated as they have a tough schedule ahead with teams like Green Bay, Baltimore, Chicago and New England, but I would put them as the top AFC team and the Niners as the top NFC team.

That's why I think many people's concerns about Tannehill's passes getting tipped and knocked down were overblown. Watt says he just follows the QB's arm and times his jump by it. I don't know why more d-lineman don't try Watt's technique?....they're probably too fat and slow to be able to jump. :chuckle: We should steal this and get our lineman to get their hands up more often. Get some tall corn fed lineman who maybe played volleyball in their past and know how to block the ball. Watt just has to tip a few passes and he or the LB's or DBacks can then get some picks. I think Wake can get just as many sacks as Watt, and maybe he can slap a few passes down.

simple, a lot of linemen aren't taught that. It sounds so simple to get your hands up but some coaches don't worry about it. The Eagles for the last year have been told just rush the passer. It's a huge reason as to why they couldn't stop the run worth crap last year.

Back
Top Bottom