J-Off's Board V1 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J-Off's Board V1

J-Off,

Do you have an opinion on Josh Harvey-Clemons, S, Louisville?

RW

Not a fan. I think his frame gets him drafted. He has longer arms than 2 of the top 3 rated OT's in this class. His arms are longer than Malik McDowell and Taco Charlton's, as well. Pretty crazy. But, I didn't see anything I liked from his game. He's slow to react, and once he gets going, he's slow moving. He doesn't make up for it with physicality either.

Awesome job man, couple questions for oyu

Pat Mahomes- I know there's been a lot of chatter about teams falling in love with him but I can't understand why a team would take a chance in the first 2 rounds with him. There's no denying his physical traits but his play was too ad-hoc'ish for me. A lot of his big plays were a result of his wr's having 8 seconds to get free, due impart to his ability to keep plays alive however it's not sustainable in the NFL

Rasul Douglas - I'm a WVU guy and absolutely loved watching him play, he's super physical (remind me a lot of Xavien Howard) but very susceptible to getting beat deep by speed guys. I think he'll thrive in a press man scheme after a couple years of experience in the NFL. It's cool seeing you have him this high, i've only seen a few other guys grade him up there.

Desmond King - I know he didn't have a great pro day but i can't see him not being a stud. He's got great body control and is able to add value as a returner. I think he's going to be such a steal in the late second round

Taco Charelton- Finally! someone grading him off of his play and not solely off of his size

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:
to that point, Chris Hogan is just now realizing his potential with Brady. although Hogan has elite long speed so that may disqualify him from the Walker comparison
It ids incredible to me how many good football players we have let go in recent years.

Little rough on Taco there J-Off (though I do agree that Wormley should be getting more love), and I think you and I are on different ends of the spectrum with the Colorado CB. Love the kid. Has a lot of bark in him.

Also, took long enough for you to get your guru badge. Knew if I kept sending recommendations you'd get that deserved recognition eventually.

Pat Mahomes- I know there's been a lot of chatter about teams falling in love with him but I can't understand why a team would take a chance in the first 2 rounds with him. There's no denying his physical traits but his play was too ad-hoc'ish for me. A lot of his big plays were a result of his wr's having 8 seconds to get free, due impart to his ability to keep plays alive however it's not sustainable in the NFL

Rasul Douglas - I'm a WVU guy and absolutely loved watching him play, he's super physical (remind me a lot of Xavien Howard) but very susceptible to getting beat deep by speed guys. I think he'll thrive in a press man scheme after a couple years of experience in the NFL. It's cool seeing you have him this high, i've only seen a few other guys grade him up there.

Desmond King - I know he didn't have a great pro day but i can't see him not being a stud. He's got great body control and is able to add value as a returner. I think he's going to be such a steal in the late second round

Taco Charelton- Finally! someone grading him off of his play and not solely off of his size

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Thanks man! I agree with your criticisms of Mahomes. His mechanics are all over the place, and for a QB with so many pass attempts, that's disconcerting. There's a solid chance that he doesn't get it done in the NFL. But, his arm talent and ability to improvise can't be completely discounted. I think he's the kind of QB a team like KC would do well to draft in the 2nd - not the scheme as much as his ability to sit for a year or two in a system with clear expectations. His feet are bad, but it's not due to lack of talent. I wouldn't encourage a team like Cleveland to look him up in the 2nd.

Douglas is on the edge (between 2nd and 3rd), and I agree that he'll do best in a press scheme. His combo of strength, length, and awareness should see him excel in any press/zone scheme (cover 2, 3, or 4). Carolina, Seattle, Miami, and Cincinnati are fits that come to mind. He's a better tackler the vast majority of the CB's in this class - almost like having a Safety at CB in the run game. His long speed and burst are just OK. This draft is so good at CB that Douglas seems pretty uninspired for a 2nd RD pick, but he's a better prospect than guys like William Jacson III and Artie Burns; at worst, he's in their range. In most drafts, there are only a few CB's, who can play at all, with 32"+ arms. There are about 10 this year, so that attribute doesn't shine as brightly as it would in a typical draft. I wish he was a little more athletic, but I really like his game.

I can't find anything on Desmond King's Pro Day. What happened? I'm just waiting for his 40 before plopping him in place. I like him best as a slot CB, where his instincts, agility, toughness, and ball skills should shine.

I don't hate Taco. I think most people are overlooking the risks associated with the prospect. And, he certainly does not have the athletic upside that many seem to be citing.

Little rough on Taco there J-Off (though I do agree that Wormley should be getting more love), and I think you and I are on different ends of the spectrum with the Colorado CB. Love the kid. Has a lot of bark in him.

Also, took long enough for you to get your guru badge. Knew if I kept sending recommendations you'd get that deserved recognition eventually.

Appreciate it, Sir! As I mentioned in the above post, I think most people aren't properly calibrating his risk/reward. I don't see what separates him from Deatrich Wise - except that Wise is longer and more athletic. I think he can be a solid starter, but I don't see him beating NFL OT's with the consistency you expect from a 1st or 2nd RD pick. So, getting back to the original point, I think his risk is understated, and his upside is overstated.

I couldn't find anything on Connor Harris, but if you have links, I'd def watch.

Blair Brown plays like he hates your family. He really knows how to coil his hips to **** up your ****. Only one year of significant production, but he looks very good. He might be this year's Jatavis Brown. Similar size, build, physical tools, both tested in the top 15% among LB's. In a 4-3 Over, I think he can play any LB position. He's worth a look in the 3rd. I thought Miami made a big mistake by passing on Jatavis in 2016. Blair Brown is a second chance - assuming he's on the board in the 3rd.

[video=youtube;hbh5dSdQIuk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbh5dSdQIuk[/video]

Agreed, though I think the 3rd is a tad rich given his size and the other LBs in the draft. But he has tremendous flexibility, positionally, despite his size.

Agreed, though I think the 3rd is a tad rich given his size and the other LBs in the draft. But he has tremendous flexibility, positionally, despite his size.

I can definitely see that, but he's an inch shorter than R. Foster and 9lbs heavier. Of the LB's projected to go in the top-2 rounds, only McMillan weighed in heavier (by 2lbs).

I think he's a starter in the NFL. It's hard to find LB's who know what they're doing, have the physical tools to execute, and carry a violent disposition. While weighing 6lbs more, he put up a very similar Combine to Eric Kendricks (.04 slower in 40, 1" shorter vert, same broad, and Brown put up a much better 3-cone). For me, 3rd RD is just right for Brown, but Jatavis Brown went in the 5th last year, so I can see Blair Brown falling, too.

Do you think Forrest Lamp is worth our 22? It Just seems like running the ball is our best way to win games and we need guards. I heard Zach Martin comparisons

Congrats on being recognized as a Guru. Well deserved. Always love reading the Guru's insight here. Is your concern with Jourdan Lewis centered around the recent domestic violence allegation? A tad small but incredibly talented.

Do you think Forrest Lamp is worth our 22? It Just seems like running the ball is our best way to win games and we need guards. I heard Zach Martin comparisons

I think he's worth it, absolutely. Miami could do MUCH worse. If Willis, Watt, and Bowser are all gone, Lamp and Robinson would be the next players I'd hope Miami would look at (with the assumption that Garrett, Thomas, Hooker, Howard, Njoku, and Lattimore are off the board).

I still hope Miami is able to land one of those 3, because the D seriously needs some juice, but if you drafted Lamp at 22, I'd say that D. Hall, D. Wise, T. Hendrickson, and D. Rivers would be targets in RD's 2-5. Really, I think they should be targets even if Miami gets an Edge at 22.

Congrats on being recognized as a Guru. Well deserved. Always love reading the Guru's insight here. Is your concern with Jourdan Lewis centered around the recent domestic violence allegation? A tad small but incredibly talented.

Thank you, Sir! I originally placed Lewis in the More Info Needed group, because I wanted to wait on his agility scores, but I haven't yet read up on his domestic violence incident, and if it's bad, I could drop him off the board altogether. Before the incident, he was headed for my 3rd-5th group. Good player, pretty sticky, and pretty tough in run support, but his stature is a concern, and I don't think he has the physical tools to compensate at a level that would allow me to draft him in the first two rounds.

J-Off - Phenomenal thread! Love your conviction in ranking these prospects. I knew you liked Bowser, but didn't know you had him top 10. I don't know enough to contribute to the discussion, but just wanted you to know how appreciative I am of your comprehensive analysis.

Back
Top Bottom