Jackson notes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jackson notes

I don't agree with the premise that "there are too many holes to take a QB in round 1". 2017 showed us that QB2 is a hole to fill and Allen or Mayfield would not only instantly upgrade the back-up spot but probably be able to take over QB1 someday. Imo, you can find good players at the other positions of need(G, LB, TE) in later rounds.

Lol. It's a pay me now pay me later thing with Suh. They've already pushed off his contact once with a restructure by averaging one year over the life of the contract. There isn't much more they can do .
Why are the dolphins so insistent on restructuring Suh's contract? We can free up the money we need to resign players, sign FAs and pay our draft picks all without touching Suh's contract. I don't thing this year we will be spending large amounts of money on FAs so this need to restructure Suh's contract should be nil.

Why are the dolphins so insistent on restructuring Suh's contract? We can free up the money we need to resign players, sign FAs and pay our draft picks all without touching Suh's contract. I don't thing this year we will be spending large amounts of money on FAs so this need to restructure Suh's contract should be nil.

I don't know if this is coming from inside the front office or if it is all speculation on the beat writers part. If I had to guess it is speculation on the writers part at this point. I'm not even sure what they would do with Suh's contact at this point.

I take this as meaning we will only take a QB if Darnold or Rosen fall to 11, which I agree with. I can't stand developmental QB's like Allen in the 1st round, far to often they turn into Blaine Gabbert Careers as they never figure it out between the ears.

I have my eyes on Luke Falk out of Washington State in the 4th round if possible. Good pocket awareness, accurate, and has the size and arm. That is the kind of QB I see us taking, good enough to step in for a game or two and enough potential to develop into a good starter long-term.

I don't know if this is coming from inside the front office or if it is all speculation on the beat writers part. If I had to guess it is speculation on the writers part at this point. I'm not even sure what they would do with Suh's contact at this point.
I want that 2020 out that he current has after the last restructure. Bite the bullet and pay the man this year to get it over with.

I hope they leave it alone and look at other ways to create a little bit of space. They need to stick to drafting and supplementing with role players in FA. Unless of course a rare talent slips into FA. After Suh, I do not think that will happen again. The only positions I would consider in this scenario would be shutdown CB, franchise QB, pass rusher (DE or OLB).

This draft is deep at RB in rounds 2-4. We should be able to find a solid compliment for Drake with one of our two fourth rounders if we don't take a back earlier.

Maybe the fact that they're restructuring Suh again says that they have their eye on a specific bunch of FAs at a certain price range?
We all know TBaum likes to splash here and there. Maybe someone like J. Graham is in our their plans, Or even Ziggy to reunite with Suh.
Who knows!

I believe they just need to leave the contract for Suh alone. They made their bed....just get it over with instead of prolonging the agony. When will they learn?

As far as taking a QB at 11.....I'm not a fan of Mayfield at that spot. I'd rather take Allen but I heard a rumor that the Browns actually will take them at #1. Don't know if that's true or not

Williams would be ok as a #3 and I agree that we should bring in a big back to compliment Drake but whoever they bring has to be good at catching passes or else Gase won't want him

Ozzy rules!!

yeah no one mentioned that Grier says every position is open vs Gase saying RT is the starter. It's this dichotomy that has broken this team the past year. But bc Gase said it, the RT backers finally had something to hang their hats on. Look, Miami (the front office) knows this could be a last year. However, if they can develop a qb this year (in a bad year) and have him ready for year 2, like Goff and Wentz, they could keep their job. Having a young QB ready to step up in year two would be attractive for a new head coach

Looks like jackson feels like alot of us others.

The Dolphins are committed to Ryan Tannehill as their starter in 2018. But they’re not opposed to adding another young quarterback, too.

But unless they absolutely fall in love with Allen and Mayfield (if they’re available at 11), I would be surprised if they go quarterback at No. 11. They have more pressing needs than quarterback, and this team must be better in 2018 (for front office job security and other reasons). Miami doesn’t have the luxury to draft a player at No. 11 who wouldn’t play as a rookie

Last edited:
So drafting a player with your first round pick that doesn't contribute in his first year is a bad thing.......how come nobody has told the Dolphins that for the last 10 years? When was the last time we drafted a player in the first round that actually made a huge impact in his first year?

Ozzy rules!!

So drafting a player with your first round pick that doesn't contribute in his first year is a bad thing.......how come nobody has told the Dolphins that for the last 10 years? When was the last time we drafted a player in the first round that actually made a huge impact in his first year?

Ozzy rules!!

I would say Tunsil two years ago. He started at LG from the get go and played way better at LG compared to LT this past season.

I figured suh would be the primary restructure candidate

stays healthy grades out very well every week

Back
Top Bottom