Jacksonville Jaguars - They Are Going 0-16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jacksonville Jaguars - They Are Going 0-16

J. David Wannyheimer

Writing in pencil on laminated cards since 2011
Club Member
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/29/gus-bradley-im-standing-strong-with-blaine-gabbert/

Coach Gus Bradley said after the game on Sunday that he is “standing strong” with Gabbert after the quarterback went 17-of-32 for 179 yards with three interceptions in the 37-3 loss to the Colts. Bradley said that he still thought Gabbert has strengths as a quarterback, but that the team and the player may have to try harder to bring them to the surface.

“Maybe what we thought were his strengths, maybe we have to dig deeper and find out what they are,” Bradley said, via Vito Stellino of the Florida Times Union. “Hopefully, we can find out very soon.”

Holy crap they are serious about that #1 pick.

They are painful to watch. Would not surprise me one bit if they went 0-16. At least when the Lions did it back in 2008, they had some semblance of an offense. The Jags can barely complete two passes in a row.

I gave the points and bet against the Jags and have won the last 2 weeks.
That may be my betting stradegy for the rest of the year until they raise the spread into the 20's or 30's
Pretty much like an overmatched college team.

The owner, Khan also owns a British soccer team; this is all part of a grand design to alienate the fans (that's why they wouldn't even look at Tebow) in a ceremonial move to "resuscitate" the dying franchise by moving it to London .

I gave the points and bet against the Jags and have won the last 2 weeks.
That may be my betting stradegy for the rest of the year until they raise the spread into the 20's or 30's
Pretty much like an overmatched college team.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't bet on sports but they go to Denver in two weeks. I imagine the line for that will be similar to the game vs. Seattle. It's almost a guaranteed thing.

The owner, Khan also owns a British soccer team; this is all part of a grand design to alienate the fans (that's why they wouldn't even look at Tebow) in a ceremonial move to "resuscitate" the dying franchise by moving it to London .

I know people think this is far fetched, but I agree with you 100%. I have been saying this for a while.

This is just like the plot of the film Major League. There is no other explanation. I know most people here think Tim Tebow sucks (and he kind of does), but you can't tell me -- you seriously can't tell me -- that Tim Tebow isn't EXACTLY what the Jaguars need right now. He'd get some fans in the stands and I honestly believe the Jaguars could probably win a game or two with him in there.

There's no other explanation. They want to move the team. And I really can't blame Shad Khan, because Jacksonville is a really crummy market and the state of Florida is struggling every damn week to support three football teams.

Its the right call. One way or another, they will have a franchise quarterback next season. Either Gabbert steps up(Ha!) or they get Bridgewater.

I said it in other threads, but the Jags are probably the worst team in the history of the league. Worse then the '08 Lions. Worse then the '07 Dolphins. The Lions put up +20 points in half their games, the Dolphins had some similar games with Cleo Lemon at the helm. Jags can only get field goals. Terrible.

The interesting thing to me is: what do you do with the coaches? Oh, they are clearly coming back, their GM handpicked them. Their owner has to know this team was going to be epically terrible. But how can you justify bringing back the entire regime that just went 0-16? How can you expect your fans to take you seriously? How can you expect your players to take you seriously?

I know people think this is far fetched, but I agree with you 100%. I have been saying this for a while.

This is just like the plot of the film Major League. There is no other explanation. I know most people here think Tim Tebow sucks (and he kind of does), but you can't tell me -- you seriously can't tell me -- that Tim Tebow isn't EXACTLY what the Jaguars need right now. He'd get some fans in the stands and I honestly believe the Jaguars could probably win a game or two with him in there.

There's no other explanation. They want to move the team. And I really can't blame Shad Khan, because Jacksonville is a really crummy market and the state of Florida is struggling every damn week to support three football teams.

At that pt, akin to the way the ad agency decided to position its client in TV commercials (obviously by reverting back to the familiar, it didn't really resonate except maybe with the grey poupon crowd), they will be called the "London Jag U ars" Makes sense to moi :idk:

Its the right call. One way or another, they will have a franchise quarterback next season. Either Gabbert steps up(Ha!) or they get Bridgewater.

I said it in other threads, but the Jags are probably the worst team in the history of the league. Worse then the '08 Lions. Worse then the '07 Dolphins. The Lions put up +20 points in half their games, the Dolphins had some similar games with Cleo Lemon at the helm. Jags can only get field goals. Terrible.

The interesting thing to me is: what do you do with the coaches? Oh, they are clearly coming back, their GM handpicked them. Their owner has to know this team was going to be epically terrible. But how can you justify bringing back the entire regime that just went 0-16? How can you expect your fans to take you seriously? How can you expect your players to take you seriously?

I don't know. I think if they can land whoever the consensus #1 QB is, a lot of this stuff will get whitewashed. If Bridgewater, or whoever it turns out to be, is as advertised, then Jacksonville will quickly become a relevant franchise and the 2013 Jaguars will be remembered like the 2011 Colts -- just bad enough to save the franchise.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't bet on sports but they go to Denver in two weeks. I imagine the line for that will be similar to the game vs. Seattle. It's almost a guaranteed thing.

Right now Jags -13 at St Louis, Jump aboard before it goes up......

St. Louis isn't that great a team so I wouldn't make that bet. Know any good sites to use though for the games later in the year?

I'm using TopBet, They will match your initial deposit.
Seems like a pretty decent site. I got emails almost immediately after the Colts and Broncos won yesterday that I had won.
I logged into their site and my winning had been credited right away.

I'm using TopBet, They will match your initial deposit.
Seems like a pretty decent site. I got emails almost immediately after the Colts and Broncos won yesterday that I had won.
I logged into their site and my winning had been credited right away.

Did they charge you a fee to enter picks? How much did you put down and ultimately win?

Did they charge you a fee to enter picks? How much did you put down and ultimately win?

There is no fee for entering bets at top bet.

My plan for the year was to wager around $500
The key to betting for real money is know how much you can lose and don't go past that number. I figure $30 per week (17 weeks) is enough to make each week interesting.

So I started by depositing $60 via my VISA and top bet matched my $60. That covered the 1st 4 weeks of the season. The 1st 2 weeks I didn't do we'll and lost the house money. The last 2 weeks I have done better and am ahead and can play for 3 more weeks without having to deposit.

This week I had 15 on both Denver and Indy to cover, both paid my original 15 and then another 13.5 winnings.

My plan is to pick my most sure pick each week and hopefully build my account value

If Blaine Gabbert misses time, I think there is still a team that can play a bad enough game that Chad Henne can beat them.

Back
Top Bottom