Jacksonville's No Pass Rush Defense Can Open Up A Henne Explosive Performance | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jacksonville's No Pass Rush Defense Can Open Up A Henne Explosive Performance

KDog13

"I See No Changes" - Tupac
Reaction score
I was looking over Jacksonville's Defense and noticed they have only 12 Sacks this year. Also this can be attributed to them starting two young defensive ends. But 12 sacks. I guess they aren't bringing the blitz.

Quarterbacks who faired well on the Jaguars that I think are not as good as Chad Henne

Bills Fitzpatrick threw for 297 yards
49ers Smith threw for 232 yards
Titans Collins threw 284 yards
Seahawks Hasselbeck threw 241 yards
Rams Bulger threw 213 yards
Chiefs Cassel threw 262 yards
Jets Sanchez threw 212 yards

So I feel like if he gets it going 300 yards is not out of the question especially with the time he will have in the pocket. 12 sacks is pretty poor but I would never underestimate a defense such as the Jaguars. I hope we give Ricky 20-25 carries and throw a good amount at least 40 attempts.

Prediction Dolphins 27 Jaguars 17

Not sure if MJD will be 100% for the game, he did not practice, however Unless he's dead he'll be on the field Sunday.

It won't be easy for Henne to go over 300 in any game with these WR's. The guy had 52 attaempts last week and only had what 370? So with that average he'd need over 40 attempts to break 300 yards passing.

Hasslebeck is a better quarterback than Henne right now.

It won't be easy for Henne to go over 300 in any game with these WR's. The guy had 52 attaempts last week and only had what 370? So with that average he'd need over 40 attempts to break 300 yards passing.

he had 29 completions for 335 yards. he would have to be more accurate to reach 29 completions on 40 attempts, but it's doable.

MJD is one of those guys that takes so much punishment on Sunday that they probably don't even bother with him on Wednesday practice. He goes through a series of massages and whatnot all the way until Sunday when he's back at his loosest and ready to go.

I sure as hell wouldn't count on him being limited.

This will be a tough game because of MJD and Mike Sims-Walker but the Jacksonville defense could have a tough time. I'm glad that Miami got in a game where they ignore the 3 second buzzer and just wait until someone gets open, because they could trust their pass protection against New England's sub-par pass rushers. I'm glad they already did that once and they have the experience of winning the game that way.

I think this game will be a lot like that. Derek Cox is a rookie cornerback. Their other starter is Brackenridge, not a very good corner. Reggie Nelson can play but that's the only guy in the secondary that can be counted on. They need to count on Quentin Groves and Derrick Harvey getting pressure...and that doesn't happen often enough.

This is the way you make up for having such a poor WR unit. You pass protect and just wait long enough for them to get open, and hopefully you have a QB who can be cool under fire, not panic, and who sees the field well enough to find them. What we're finding out I think is that Chad Henne can do that...and when we're not facing a nasty pass rush, we can trust our OL to hold up long enough for him to do it.

This is a risky strategy though. If the pass protection lets up, we'll take sacks this way. And, any time your QB is taking sacks, don't be surprised if the ball comes out on one of them.

MJD is one of those guys that takes so much punishment on Sunday that they probably don't even bother with him on Wednesday practice. He goes through a series of massages and whatnot all the way until Sunday when he's back at his loosest and ready to go.

I sure as hell wouldn't count on him being limited.

This will be a tough game because of MJD and Mike Sims-Walker but the Jacksonville defense could have a tough time. I'm glad that Miami got in a game where they ignore the 3 second buzzer and just wait until someone gets open, because they could trust their pass protection against New England's sub-par pass rushers. I'm glad they already did that once and they have the experience of winning the game that way.

I think this game will be a lot like that. Derek Cox is a rookie cornerback. Their other starter is Brackenridge, not a very good corner. Reggie Nelson can play but that's the only guy in the secondary that can be counted on. They need to count on Quentin Groves and Derrick Harvey getting pressure...and that doesn't happen often enough.

This is the way you make up for having such a poor WR unit. You pass protect and just wait long enough for them to get open, and hopefully you have a QB who can be cool under fire, not panic, and who sees the field well enough to find them. What we're finding out I think is that Chad Henne can do that...and when we're not facing a nasty pass rush, we can trust our OL to hold up long enough for him to do it.

This is a risky strategy though. If the pass protection lets up, we'll take sacks this way. And, any time your QB is taking sacks, don't be surprised if the ball comes out on one of them.

isn't that how New England won a couple Super Bowls?

Don't count on it.....we have been playing to our opponents level this year....if the Jags suck, don't expect a great performance from our team.....we should win this game though.

we dont have to throw 52 times, id just like to see him throw some balls downfield. before the patriots game they showed a stat that henne was like 3-24 or something like that with balls traveling more than 20 yards. hope he turns that around.

Derrick had bust written all over him and it's showing. Jacksonville isn't a cake walk but they key for us is to contain MJD; we do that and this game is ours. It will be fun to watch Chad Henne build of his success from last week. I have a feeling that Ted Ginn Jr. is going to have a big day...

Pass rush is the key to the rest of the season. We need more of it on defense, and we need to protect against it on offense.

When we are able to stone the pass rush, then we can sit back there long enough for our sub-par receivers to get separation, and Henne can find someone.

When we are able to throw Cameron Wake on the field and go after the QB, we effectively cover the biggest weakness on the defense, the rookie CBs.

The Jaguars and Texans are very susceptible to pressure IMO. The Titans and Steelers less so.

The Jaguars are an awful pressure team. However, the Texans have been about as good a pressure team as Miami has been to date (I think Miami could be a better pressure team now that they're planning on getting Wake more involved). The Titans are a better pressure team than Miami's been so far and the Steelers are a fantastic pressure team.

Henne IS Doing Good So Far. 10-12 93 yards. No pressure exactly what I said. Problem is we are running too much. Not a bad idea but I like to see Henne throw more.

Back
Top Bottom