Jake Locker!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Locker!!

dolphinsbshaw72

Practice Squad
Reaction score
reasons why we should take him and reason why we should not.. personally i like locker.. but thats me.. fire away..lol

hmmm... draft forum maybe? IDK seems like thats where I'd check for draft talk.

NO! accuracy accuracy accuracy. something he doesnt have.

Isn't it interesting Locker seems to be the only quarterback the Dolphins haven't had a tryout with.

Isn't it interesting Locker seems to be the only quarterback the Dolphins haven't had a tryout with.

They could be waiting for his Pro Day on Wednesday to set something up as well. I'm pretty sure we will be in attendance.

Cons

He's not accurate.
He doesn't throw well in the pocket.
He run's to much.
He doesn't read defenses well.
He regressed his senior year compared to his Junior year.
He didn't run a pro style offense in college which means he won't be able to compete as a starter for a couple years.
He's didn't throw enough touchdowns in his college career.

Pros

He has good speed
He throws well outside the pocket

Cons

He's not accurate.
He run's to much.
He didn't run a pro style offense in college which means he won't be able to compete as a starter for a couple years.

Pros

He has good speed

More Pros:

He is also tough as nails, has made plays . . . in the pocket, his junior year to win huge games. Excellent work ethic and has been in the pro system for 2 years. At times, he carried his team to victories. He has a great arm.

Teams are going to have to figure out what is going on mentally that is causing him to be inaccurate. Personally I think alot has to do with the lack of trust in his OLine, less to do with mechanics . . . but maybe it is just something he is going to struggle with, which is not good because you want the problem to be fixable at the next level. If it is fixable . . .he has a chance to become the best QB in this class.

Cons

He's not accurate.
He run's to much.

Pros

He has good speed

He did run a pro style offense his final two seasons.

they said last night on path to the draft that team grades on jake locker are all over the place...some wouldn't touch him til the 3rd or 4th round...some have him as the 2nd or 3rd qb off the board

#1 problem with Locker is he can't complete passes. #2 problem is he does not have pocket presence to stand in there. #3 problem is his footwork mechanics.

That said, Locker is a tough SOB and can run. Tebow won 1 out of 3 games in NFL. Locker can bat .333 as well. First round?? Don't think so.

#1 problem with Locker is he can't complete passes. #2 problem is he does not have pocket presence to stand in there. #3 problem is his footwork mechanics.

That said, Locker is a tough SOB and can run. Tebow won 1 out of 3 games in NFL. Locker can bat .333 as well. First round?? Don't think so.

Thing about Locker is that he has what it takes naturally. He has the talent. With good coaching, he could be great in the NFL. With bad coaching, he could sit the bench and never grow past his limited ability to stand tall in the pocket.

don't want him still convinced that stanzi would be a steal or the next brady in the nfl

don't want him still convinced that stanzi would be a steal or the next brady in the nfl

That's a bold statement. There has not been a Brady since Brady, and even before Brady, save for maybe Young who comes close but only after 4-5 years in the league.

I like Stanzi, he runs his offense well and has a knack for winning with that offense. A team that picks him to lead their group would be well advised to adopt that offensive system and go, and I don't think it would be as big a stretch as TCU offense.

Back
Top Bottom