Jake Long article-nfl.com | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long article-nfl.com

Find a way to make a deal. I think Jake will bounce back to form this season. We drafted him #1 and invested time and money. I just can wrap my brain around losing him and getting nothing in return. Figure out a cap friendly situation, get creative.

March 3rd 2011 (after knee problems and shoulder surgery): Now I’m feeling real good and rehabbing and getting it strong again and I’ll be ready to roll. Just taking it slow. I’m feeling great. I’ll be back to full strength.”

April 21st 2012: "I feel great," said Long, who
went on injured reserve in December after battling a back injury and a torn right biceps. "This is the healthiest I've felt in a long time. All healed up, working out 100 percent, ready to go."

Feb 19th 2013: "
The last couple of years I've had some injuries I've had to work through, it hasn't been the ideal situation, but I've been working hard this offseason to get healthy and get strong. And this is the best my body has felt in a long time."

I don't think he's had injuries that required surgery in the knees, legs has he? I mean tricpes/biceps etc - you can come back from those things. Point is I don't think he's had the career limiting injury to date. Good LTs are hard to find. We tried with Wade, Carey then finally got Jake. I'd like to keep him versus moving Martin (who I'd love to see develop on right side) and see if he can play back to top form.

1st is he a zone blocker? No
2nd actually he hasn't earned that paycheck for 2 1/2 seasons.

Let him walk unless he costs just a little more than a drafted replacement.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Martin is a zone blocking left tackle. Long is not.trying to fit a square where a triangle goes does you no good.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Back
Top Bottom