Jake long article on profootballtalk.com | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake long article on profootballtalk.com

Jake Wrong has quickly become A Big White Elephant!

Jake Wrong has quickly become A Big White Elephant!

Seriously? Long has been a good player for us who always gave it his all, no need to be like that about a guy just because we don't want him anymore, I wish Jake well, when healthy he was an awesome player for us.

Interesting that he may not be able to get the cash he is targeting.

I have called him Wrong from the beginning and don't expect me to stop now! Wrong and the philosophy that picked him set this team back 5 years!

we want him. just not for anywhere near what he's asking. hopefully nobody goes nuts with an offer in free agency, and with his familiarity here and no state income tax, they can work out a deal for him to stay.

Lower price, more likely he returns. Would love to see Long accept a 3 year deal and try collecting the cash then.

Don't be surprised if Jake doesn't wind up back in Miami after not getting the money he is looking for. If he does, I would be wiling to bet he will move to the right side. He played that side his first year at Michigan and if I recall correctly, he once commented he likes the right side better.

Hey, if the guy would consider playing RT and taking money that is somewhere around 75% average of the top value at that position then I would reconsider him.

It will be funny if he goes out on the market and the best offer he gets is around average LT money. If he came back with that kind of offer for us I still wouldnt bring him back. The guy is a pretty solid run blocker who gets injured too often. End of story. Id give him above average RT money if he wanted to play that position.

Hey, if the guy would consider playing RT and taking money that is somewhere around 75% average of the top value at that position then I would reconsider him.

It will be funny if he goes out on the market and the best offer he gets is around average LT money. If he came back with that kind of offer for us I still wouldnt bring him back. The guy is a pretty solid run blocker who gets injured too often. End of story. Id give him above average RT money if he wanted to play that position.

Pretty much. The guy simply can't hold the LT spot down like what is needed.

No shame in shifting positions. There's just a reality that you have to live with.

I can't do the stuff I did at 24 now that I'm 45, but I still have lots to offer.

It's just how life and employment goes.

I think Jake will either have to take A. A long term deal that is in the 7 to 8 million dollar mark (with injury clauses) or take a short term deal to prove his health before attempting to get paid in the next offseason or 2. Good thing for Jake is, he's in his prime so he has time to prove his health to the league. There is no way he's getting a 10 million dollar plus contract after the performance he gave last year and clearly health has been an issue since 2010. And the notion that some people want to franchise him is a complete joke . . . 15.3 million? Hell to the naw

He's not even a great fit for the offense we run . . . I have no problems letting him walk . . . and I like the guy.

Jake is NOT an elite left tackle now so he certainly doesn't deserve to be paid like one. He is NOT the player he was several years ago. Injuries have taken their toll on him and he should get that through his head!!! He was not even a top 10 offensive tackle in 2012.

If Lane Johnson makes it to 12, he is ours.

Don't be surprised if Jake doesn't wind up back in Miami after not getting the money he is looking for. If he does, I would be wiling to bet he will move to the right side. He played that side his first year at Michigan and if I recall correctly, he once commented he likes the right side better.

Jake played the right side his first TWO years at Michigan because they already had a two-time All-Conference LT in Adam Stenavich ahead of him.

At to the last part of your post...Jake did a Q&A with the Sun-Sentinel from the Combine and this is what he said about playing LT.
Q: Can you talk about playing left tackle and what that means to you?

A: I love the left side. I started off my first two years at right tackle and moved over
to left the last two years. I’m left handed and I feel very comfortable on that side.
I think I proved myself as a left tackle.
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2008/02/combine-report.html

He may have proved himself several years ago but again, he is NOT nearly the player he use to be. After all the injuries he's had, he will never be the same again.

Back
Top Bottom