Jake Long denies report he didn’t want to play for Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long denies report he didn’t want to play for Dolphins

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
If the lucrative contract Michigan tackle Jake Long signed on Tuesday wasn’t proof enough, the man himself disputed last week’s FoxSports.com report that claimed he didn’t want to play for the woeful Dolphins.
“Someone called me up and said they saw (the report),†Long told The Palm Beach Post this morning after a youth clinic in New York’s Central Park. “I don’t know how anybody got that because I never said that. I never had those feelings.
“I said from Day One that it would be an honor to play for the Dolphins and be a No. 1 pick. I don’t know who came up with that, but none of it was true.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/...008/04/24/jake_long_has_575_million_reas.html

Good to Hear, I knew the rumor was a lie. When he was asked at the Combine he said he would love to be a Miami Dolphin. That is why I never believed the rumor. Good to hear from The Giant.

i dont believe that, but either way, i dont think Jakes dumb enough to say otherwise considering the fins just made him the richest rookie in the NFL this season.

It was a false rumor, Jake is happy to be a Miami Dolphin and from way back at the Combine he said, It would be an honor to play for the Dolphins.

Actually, that rumor was about me. It was supposed to say the Jim, not Jake, did not want to play for the Dolphins. I much prefer working my crappy 10-12 hour a day job, making much, much less than them. This way I can sit on my couch and eat Doritos while I watch the game peacefully on Direct TV.

Seriously, I don't think I could work that hard.

I don't know if he felt that way or not(and it's irrelevant now) but what do people expect him to say now? Of course he'll say what he's saying now even if the story was true.

:lol: that would have been the wrong thing to say. Reporter' Jake. How does it feel to be the #1 pick in the NFL draft? Jake' "Im Fat". that would be great!
Dude that is the funniest thing I have read in a while. I just laughed out loud, while I'm at work, and I work in a classroom as a teacher assistant. I guess the good thing is that I work with blind children, so it wasn't that bad. Thanks for the laugh! I just imagine a reporter all straight faced asking him and leaning the microphone up to Jake, and Jake just replying with "I'm Fat." Hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom