Jake Long is risking serious long term injury! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long is risking serious long term injury!

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
I'm sorry guys as much as I want Jake Long to tough it out and play I think this is a bad decision. The RT for the jaguars Britton has the same injury and he is now out for the season and getting Labrum surgery. Also this is what happened to Justin Smiley, he tried to tough it out and it made his shoulder worse and he has not been the same, the guy can't even get on the field, now I'm not doctor but everything that I'm hearing about this injury is that it is serious and Jake Long is making a bad decision, I would rather have Jake Long for the next 10yrs then have him for the next 8 weeks!

There is some concern, but we have to believe this regime wouldn't jeopardize the long term health of a franchise LT. Who is Long's agent again? I'm sure he is a heavyweight, and would be in Jake's ear if he were doing something really stupid.

No offense to Britton and Smiley . . . this is Jake Long we are talking about here!!

I'm sorry guys as much as I want Jake Long to tough it out and play I think this is a bad decision. The RT for the jaguars Britton has the same injury and he is now out for the season and getting Labrum surgery. Also this is what happened to Justin Smiley, he tried to tough it out and it made his shoulder worse and he has not been the same, the guy can't even get on the field, now I'm not doctor but everything that I'm hearing about this injury is that it is serious and Jake Long is making a bad decision, I would rather have Jake Long for the next 10yrs then have him for the next 8 weeks!
Although I do agree with you 100% I have to think this FO isn't stupid enough to risk their starting LT's future just for a slim chance of making the playoffs this year. I'm thinking more on the lines of they actually know more about the injury than we do and are not disclosing all the info, maybe not as bad as thought:ponder:

Although I do agree with you 100% I have to think this FO isn't stupid enough to risk their starting LT's future just for a slim chance of making the playoffs this year. I'm thinking more on the lines of they actually know more about the injury than we do and are not disclosing all the info, maybe not as bad as thought:ponder:

They made the Penny decision starting to save their jobs IMO...So nothing would surprise me.

They made the Penny decision starting to save their jobs IMO...So nothing would surprise me.
Dude if they mess up Long's future I have to think they have no future in the NFL either, especially Sparano being a lineman coach prior:err:

i would be catious with long this week and give him the extra 10 days after the game also to heal up, bc as good as he is, i think we win easily without him.

I'd be more confident that you were correct if I was confident that Sparano would be here next year and beyond. Jake needs protecting from himself but if the coach needs him to play to help save his job then that's where it could end all badly

Ireland and Sparano are not thinking long term anymore. They are trying to save their jobs, even at the expense of player health and player development. Someone needs to step in and stop this madness.

Yeah but look how involved Ross is so far.. He won't, He can't let this happen knowing the risk(if its really bad)

I am not a Doctor, but after staying at a Holiday Inn last night I feel I am qualified to say - Relax. Jake Long is making the decision for Jake Long. He is a big boy, he can make the decision for himself. If he feels like he can go, he will. If he feels like he can't, he wont. All other talk is upsurd. Talk of Ireland and Sparano "saving their jobs" - ridiculous. You dont fire people who take over a horrible team and make them winners, you give them raises and longer term contracts.

I assume that Long himself has assessed the risk and accepted it. Were I the one to decide, I would keep him out. Nothing the team is capable of accomplishing this year is worth risking a long-term injury to him; there's not going to be a Super Bowl run in the immediate future.

That said, it seems that many people here have near 100 percent confidence in the coaching staff's judgement regarding their personnel. Needless to say, I don't share that faith. I think the coaching staff, particularly Sparano, is prone to making decisions which lack foresight (i.e. "win now"). Case in point, turning to Pennington to "save" the season.

I am not a Doctor, but after staying at a Holiday Inn last night I feel I am qualified to say - Relax. Jake Long is making the decision for Jake Long. He is a big boy, he can make the decision for himself. If he feels like he can go, he will. If he feels like he can't, he wont. All other talk is upsurd. Talk of Ireland and Sparano "saving their jobs" - ridiculous. You dont fire people who take over a horrible team and make them winners

upsurd
|337 speak for the word "Absurd". It is used in instances of exaggerated "absurdness". As in the level of unbelievability is so high that you become delerious and the only way to convey this emotion is to use the elite spelling of absurd (which is, of course UPsurd). --Upserd may also be substituted.
Mr. Pink is so upsurd to think that mispelling a proper noun is equivalent to purposely using leet speak, that he deserves to be bi.tch slapped.

Have you guys read a doctor say that he's risking serious long term injury? I've said in a couple of threads on here, I had a torn labrum in my shoulder and the doctor I saw specifically told me I could continue playing o-line without risking further injury, and I did. He shot me up and I was good to go.

Sit long this week for sure... He only has a few days to recover from a serious injury that could do even more damage.

J.Peppers has a whopping 2 sacks on the season. Swing Carey over to LT and hope it works out well. If Peppers had 8 or more sacks at this point, I would be worried about him. But he has done nothing this season and this should continue even without Jake in the line-up.

Jake can only lose this week... He can do even more damage or he could give up a few sacks b/c of a bad shoulder to a guy that only has 2 on the season!

SIT JAKE DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom