Jake Long: "Meet The New Boss - - (Same As The Old Boss)" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long: "Meet The New Boss - - (Same As The Old Boss)"

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
"We Won't Get Fooled Again" (Courtesy of "The Who")

Simply stated, the Rams’ offensive line couldn’t handle Dallas’ defensive front. The Rams entered the game as the only team in the NFL yet to allow a sack this season, but that distinction lasted all of six plays Sunday, with Cowboys cornerback Orlando Scandrick getting Bradford on the ground with a blitz just 2½ minutes into the game.

All told, Bradford was sacked six times Sunday, with DeMarcus Ware getting him twice to break the Cowboys’ career record for sacks he had shared with Harvey Martin entering the day. (Ware now has 115 career sacks.) Bradford was slow to get up after one hit but said after the game that he felt fine physically.

“Give credit to their pass rush,” Bradford said. “I thought they did a good job. They were running a lot of ‘games’ with their down linemen. A couple blitzes got us, too.”

Ware knocked four-time Pro Bowler Jake Long to the ground once en route a sack. The Rams’ interior linemen had trouble all day with Cowboys defensive tackle Jason Hatcher. Even George Selvie, a Rams seventh-round pick in 2010 now on his fifth NFL team, had a sack for Dallas.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_9a22b7d8-fcbf-54bf-80f4-9513c8a6de17.html

it's amazing how great players are when playing for the dolphins and how bad they are once they leave.

it's amazing how great players are when playing for the dolphins and how bad they are once they leave.

Or how great they when helping a team reach the postseason and then how much of a malcontent with an axe to grind they were after the fact because of an audacity to tell the truth about the weakest QB link in that chain.. (like LT about buttboy)

or for that matter how great a hire last year's new OC was (remember that the HC called him his "mini me" because 5 years before he called the plays for the 6th ranked Dallas offense.. but now is blamed in abstentia for the ineptitude of his QB ?

Go figure

...and then of course there are some of us who understand whether due to injury or Peter Principle that a player who was actually elite no longer is - as compared to those who cling to mistaken delusions that their heroes ever did more than go along for the ride on postseason busses driven by others

If you KNEW anything about this site Jake Long is one of the most controversial players on this site. Half of us hated him half of us loved him. The name Jake Wrong is thrown around here a lot. You would notice this if you didn't partake in 999999999999 page Sanchez is elite threads.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Jake Long is trash. He will probably be cut within a year and a half.

If you KNEW anything about this site Jake Long is one of the most controversial players on this site. Half of us hated him half of us loved him. The name Jake Wrong is thrown around here a lot. You would notice this if you didn't partake in 999999999999 page Sanchez is elite threads.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

I understand that but there is a group here who pretend like every dolphin is a HOFer when they are here but when they leave or are rumored to leave they become the worst player to ever play the game.

I understand that but there is a group here who pretend like every dolphin is a HOFer when they are here but when they leave or are rumored to leave they become the worst player to ever play the game.

Those type of groups are on every teams message boards.

Yep, because literally everybody on here was singing his praises when he was on our team. The Long vs. Ryan discussion certainly didn't continue the entire time he was here. The term "cornfed" never existed. Hell, WV, etc. never existed. It was all a figment of my imagination I suppose.

Ironic cluelessness coming from someone who's argued that Sanchez may have been at his peak ranked the 27th best QB but still was a top 10 and is presently salvageable while most rational TGG jets fans have told him to move on... At least with Long and Sparano it may have taken some of us longer than others to perceive reality but we have never let our Superfandom get in the way of sentimental subjectivity. If they're jest homegrown, no matter where they are now, they're still great... LOLOL

Ware beat long to death on the Thanksgiving day game as well. He can't handle any kind of speed rush at all. I honestly think he needs to be kicked inside to guard at this point.

It's pretty simple in my mind.

Healthy Long = really good OT
Real life Long = flashes of good but a liability with a huge contract that might make it to game 8

Ironic cluelessness coming from someone who's argued that Sanchez may have been at his peak ranked the 27th best QB but still was a top 10 and is presently salvageable while most rational TGG jets fans have told him to move on... At least with Long and Sparano it may have taken some of us longer than others to perceive reality but we have never let our Superfandom get in the way of sentimental subjectivity. If they're jest homegrown, no matter where they are now, they're still great... LOLOL

Considering you once were singing the praises of Sparano, henne, Marshall, Carpenter, Ricky, Ronnie, etc... this post is comical. You are the one who always overrates guys when they are dolphins then if they are even rumored to be going somewhere they all of a sudden suck.

Remember Calvin pace? In the span of a day he went from great to terrible w/ you and why was that? One day all the rumors pointed to him signing w/ Miami, the next day he actually signed w/ the Jets.

For once stop being a fraud/homer/excuse maker.

Back
Top Bottom