Jake Long not interested in giving Fins a discount.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long not interested in giving Fins a discount..

"...'I’d be open to continue my career there, but it’s essentially on them', Long told the NFL Network..."

sounds like Jake knows he's already gone

Can't blame him. NFL is a business.

Dude only has a few years left to make money off of football. In addition now with all the concusion talks and shorter life spans players are basically putting a price tag on his health.

Who on this board would take say $20 mill knowing they will only live to be say....65?

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Correction average NFL player life expectancy is 55 years.

Average male life expectacy in the United States today is 75 years.

Who here would take $20 million dollars to lose 20 years of life.

Hopefully somebody over pays for him, he plays at a very average level and we get a compensatory pick for it.

Hopefully somebody over pays for him, he plays at a very average level and we get a compensatory pick for it.

Chances are that comp pick will be ommited with a FA signing of our own.

Jets or Eagles will overpay...Seriously, we´re on a different road, atleast that´s what I percieve. Hopefully we get ourselves a serviceable vet or 2, with one of our picks, and have a good enough O-Line that our NEW set of weapons will be able to thrive in...

No where did it say anything about Jake not willing to negotiate. Pure Speculation. Certainly nothing worth bashing the guy over. I'm not saying we should sign him for big money I'm just saying lets not make up stuff that isn't there.

Back
Top Bottom