Jakeem Grant | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant

The kid is a weapon. Insanely athletic (did you see how high he got on that catch last week??....even the celebration chest bump jump after the TD last night, almost jumped over the guy) and all he needs is just the slightest crease and that's all she wrote. No DB will catch him from behind. None.

Not to mention the chip that he plays with. Kids got juice type fire flowing through him, he will not give up.

When Jakeem Grant bounced off those defenders, the 1st words out of Mike Mayock's mouth were, "He's Gone". Grant started out a few yards in front, but by the time he reached the end zone he was about 15 yards in front of the nearest defender. Speed kills. I was laughing. So now I will always refer to Grant as "He's Gone"!!! Gotta love when guys like Mayock know other teams players.

I hope he makes the 53.

some_barry_sanders_stuff_here_yall.0.gif
I didnt get to see the game and thats a solid play. Man he can run.

I'm on the fence with Stringfellow. He's got talent but he also makes too many mental mistakes and I haven't seen much from him on special teams. If you're the 4th/5th/6th WR on a team you better play specials.

The funny thing about Grant is he's clearly better on the outside, was woefully bad in the slot. Maybe the ball being on him so fast in the slot was causing the drops, regardless, he's looked very good in preseason on the outside. Stills and Landry can obviously play in the slot so I'm sure Gase can scheme him outside and use his speed. Right now I'd say Grant is safe on the 53 and probably Carroo so that means the only way they keep anyone else is if they keep 6 WRs.

When Jakeem Grant bounced off those defenders, the 1st words out of Mike Mayock's mouth were, "He's Gone". Grant started out a few yards in front, but by the time he reached the end zone he was about 15 yards in front of the nearest defender. Speed kills. I was laughing. So now I will always refer to Grant as "He's Gone"!!! Gotta love when guys like Mayock know other teams players.

Mayock called him "a sub 4.4 guy". LOL

I hope he makes the 53.

He's making the team. His only issue is his suspect hands. His speed is rare and exceptional, and unlike some other guys who have great straight line speed, he's very quick and he is tough.

Don't think the coaches haven't noticed that he absorbs contact and doesn't flinch.

The play that he didn't make on the drive was as impressive as his TD. He wanted to run under it and score another TD in retrospect he should've laid out for and just made the big reception......if the game mattered

Last edited:
IDK. Stringfellow is really maing a run for that last spot. It would be the smart move to put him on the final roster and stash Morgan on the PS

I agree, at the start of camp, with all the news of how Morgan had looked all off-season, I was in his corner if we kept 6, but I am really liking how good Stringfellow looks so far.

I hope he makes the 53.

I've wanted to see how the D reacts with Grant outside on one side and Stills on the other. I've seen a handful of plays from last nights game. Anyone know if that actually happened? That would have to leave someone open.

Back
Top Bottom