Jakeem Grant | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant

He made the team with that TD last night. Blame it on the Qb or Grant but he was inches from another long TD. Keep him around because as we seen last night, big plays are going to come. Game changing plays

He made the team with that TD last night. Blame it on the Qb or Grant but he was inches from another long TD. Keep him around because as we seen last night, big plays are going to come. Game changing plays

Interesting you don't post until this morning.... hiding something from us are ya? A little busy last night ehh??

Anyways I think his spot is safe- he took some big hits, hung onto the ball well, made plays. 5th wr

I suggest we trade him to Philly.

Grant and 6th Rd pick
For
Mychal Kendricks

The 6th spot, should they decide on keeping 6 WRs, as we all know will come down to Morgan or Stringfellow. Philly amongst other team can certainly use additional WRs as they seem only 4 deep at the moment. The Philly announcers spoke about that position quite extensively. They'd be a team who could look at Miami's extra talent to pouch or sign; once the final cuts happen next week. Both Stringfellow and Morgan may not make Miami's roster, but it seems like they could find themselves on another team. Grant as shaky as he's been in the return game offers too much in the offense as a potential big play weapon to not make the team.

Interesting you don't post until this morning.... hiding something from us are ya? A little busy last night ehh??

Anyways I think his spot is safe- he took some big hits, hung onto the ball well, made plays. 5th wr

HAHA I posted a little until Cutler got taken out and had to watch Moore throw the ball to the other team lol

Ya bro Jakeem secured his spot for the reasons you stated. Speakin of not posting..Where has SOS been?

I think maybe the punt he caught and immediately got hammered may be his turning point. Despite being hit hard, he didn't drop the punt! That may be the confidence booster he needed.

I hope.

The way kendricks looked last night makes me wonder why his name is getting floated around at all. He looked legit. Timmons, Kiko, and Kendricks would be a talented corp. Timmons especially made me think "The Steelers thought this guy was washed up?"

The moment he planted that foot Mayock says, "He's gone."

He's a guy that you have to get involved. Very happy giving up a few 4 yd Landry completions if it means a couple more chances at having this guy touch the ball.

The turning point for Jakeem was during the off season before the Draft when he went far above and beyond to fix his issues with catching punts. The coaches saw that. The front office saw that. And come draft time they let the entire weekend pass without drafting or even signing a guy with legit return abilities. I said right there and then, one of the biggest takeaways from draft weekend is that for whatever reason, Jakeem Grant is safe. We came to find out the reason is because he shagged like 100 punts a day, sometimes multiple punts at a time, for the entire off season. Even flew Matt Darr out to Texas to help him do it.

He took control of his own fate in a way that needs to be advertised to young players because that is exactly how you succeed. You don't succeed by just doing what the coaches and training staff tell you. You succeed by finding your own "whatever it takes" approach to getting better and throwing yourself headlong into it.

After that draft weekend he was virtually assured of a roster spot unless he started dropping every punt that came his way in camp and preseason. Jarvis Landry is their #1 wide receiver. You don't have your #1 wide receiver as the only guy on roster qualified to shag your punts. It is not done. They can get Kenyan Drake to do kick returns but there are no other legit punt return men on roster other than Landry and Grant.

His ability to be compelling on offense if they actually give him the opportunity...should have been pretty evident all along. That combination of quickness, pure speed, and toughness is a recipe for big plays. He schooled 1st round picks in college. And he somehow managed to catch 250+ balls in college despite everyone saying he can't catch a cold.

Mayock called him "a sub 4.4 guy". LOL
He is a sub 4.4 second guy. In fact if Jakeem had been invited to the Combine last year, he was expected to break the record (it got broken this year by John Ross). The problem was 84 year old Gil Brandt, who controls the invitations, wants the Combine for NFL caliber footballers and not pure sprinters. Now it turns out Jakeem can play and his credentials at Texas Tech were excellent, but surprisingly, he missed out on getting an invite. Being a Texas boy, it could also be that old Gil was trying to set something up for the Dallas Cowboys by trying to generate less attention re Jakeem's 40 time.
Make no mistake, Jakeem is probably the fastest player to ever wear a Dolphin jersey and when he gets in the clear - he's gone.

Last edited:
He is a sub 4.4 seconds guy. In fact if Jakeem had been invited to the Combine last year, he was expected to break the record (it got broken this year by John Ross). The problem was 84 year old Gil Brandt, who controls the invitations, wants the Combine for NFL caliber footballers and not pure sprinters. Now it turns out Jakeem can play and his credentials at Texas Tech were excellent, but surprisingly, he missed out on getting an invite. Being a Texas boy, it could also be that old Gil was trying to set something up for the Dallas Cowboys by trying to generate less attention re Jakeem's 40 time.
Make no mistake, Jakeem is probably the fastest player to ever wear a Dolphin jersey and when he gets in the clear - he's gone.
Like Mayock said, "He's Gone" ... gotta love the name!!!

CK, you're obviously pretty high on Grant. Think he can have Tyreek Hill-like production if he gets enough opportunities? Or is Hill a significantly better player?

Hope he can be an asset going forward. It will be interesting to see how much Gase trusts him. You can catch 500 balls in a row in warm ups but only takes a couple drops in real game time to be riding the pine.

Back
Top Bottom