Jarvis Landry Complaints | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry Complaints

JTech194

Starter
Reaction score
Are ridiculous to me. I see fans complaining about how involved Landry was in the game yesterday and how many targets he got. The reason Landry gets so many targets is because he's the receiver that gets open the most and one of 2 WR's that we have that has the ability to make people miss and gain positive yardage on those screen passes which are basically running plays. (Grant being the other). The WR screen plays Gase calls are designed to gain 4-5-6 yards to keep us on the right side of the chains. The reason many of those plays weren't effective yesterday is because the other receivers failed to block their man. On one play Parker completely whiffed and failed to even touch the CB before he tackled Landry for a very short gain... which is terrible to me because Parker knows what the play is and the CB doesn't.

Landry is clearly our best WR until proven otherwise and should be targeted and paid as such. Yes, Parker has the potential to be a top receiver but we can not build and run an effective offense around the occasional 50\50 jump ball and deep throw.

76328d1417698476-let-s-define-what-we-think-rice-any-car-game-even-yours-file.php-40-file-125942-filename-hemad.jpg

The week 1 game plan was a testament to how much he is valued. A guy who consistently gets open, that has sure hands and makes people miss, along with being a RAC monster.

Everything that happened with Jarvis BEFORE the season started is a testament to the offseason.

People create narratives and blow hot air.

He and Cutler came out and were on the same page. It was awesome to see.

It's because there is nothing Finheaven takes more seriously than the salary cap. Folks on here are dying to justify not paying him but they know Leonte Caroo isn't replacing 13 catches. Him being so involved does't fit the agenda of not paying him which is what many here want to do.

Are ridiculous to me. I see fans complaining about how involved Landry was in the game yesterday and how many targets he got. The reason Landry gets so many targets is because he's the receiver that gets open the most and one of 2 WR's that we have that has the ability to make people miss and gain positive yardage on those screen passes which are basically running plays. (Grant being the other). The WR screen plays Gase calls are designed to gain 4-5-6 yards to keep us on the right side of the chains. The reason many of those plays weren't effective yesterday is because the other receivers failed to block their man. On one play Parker completely whiffed and failed to even touch the CB before he tackled Landry for a very short gain... which is terrible to me because Parker knows what the play is and the CB doesn't.

Landry is clearly our best WR until proven otherwise and should be targeted and paid as such. Yes, Parker has the potential to be a top receiver but we can not build and run an effective offense around the occasional 50\50 jump ball and deep throw.

Nope. If Parker is one on one, he's always open. Sometimes he's open against a double team as well. Enough excuses. Landry is slow and you saw it again yesterday. He jukes all over the place for no extra yardage most times.

Not sure why you think Parker is only a 50/50 or jump ball WR. He runs all the routes. Nice try though.

I tried to tell everyone a week ago, Landry is the #1 WR on this team. He will continue to dominate targets (albeit not to the insane level of yesterday). I love Parker's potential and talent, but he's not on Landry's level right now.

For some reason everyone though that just because Jeffrey who was clearly the best WR Cutler had on the bears was close to Parker's height, that it meant anything. Football is a game of talent, not height.

Not sure this is entirely accurate.
These WR screens and short throws are designed and happen quickly. Not like others are covered and can't get open so we need to go to Landry, they are hitting him right away

I tried to tell everyone a week ago, Landry is the #1 WR on this team. He will continue to dominate targets (albeit not to the insane level of yesterday). I love Parker's potential and talent, but he's not on Landry's level right now.

Let's see if you're singing the same tune after more games are played and Cutler gets a better rhythm with Parker.

I think you'll see games this season where Landry catches 10+ balls, and games where Parker gets the majority of targets. Stills will have his too. Cutler is going to spread the ball.

The game plan early on was ultra conservative, which favors Landry getting the bulk of targets as he's our best receiver in space/after the catch.

I think you'll see games this season where Landry catches 10+ balls, and games where Parker gets the majority of targets. Stills will have his too. Cutler is going to spread the ball.

The game plan early on was ultra conservative, which favors Landry getting the bulk of targets as he's our best receiver in space/after the catch.

I agree with you, but why go ultra conservative? Why be so predictable?
Have some damn confidence

Nope. If Parker is one on one, he's always open. Sometimes he's open against a double team as well. Enough excuses. Landry is slow and you saw it again yesterday. He jukes all over the place for no extra yardage most times.

Not sure why you think Parker is only a 50/50 or jump ball WR. He runs all the routes. Nice try though.

Landry is not a burner.. but Landry is a Football Player, he makes people miss, it's not his fault that he has to dodge 4-5-6 defenders because other players aren't blocking. The first guy rarely tackles him, it's usually the 3rd and 4th guy that gets him down.

Being able to run all of the routes and being able to get open running all of the routes are two different things. Yesterday Parker had 4 receptions on maybe 7 targets? 3 of those targets were 50\50 balls and he wasn't open on either one of them. One he was able to take away from the defender. This is a great skill to have, but you can't build your offense of these types of passes. He's going to have to be able to get separation on a consistent basis if he's going to be our #1 guy.

I agree with you, but why go ultra conservative? Why be so predictable?
Have some damn confidence

Do we know if Landry was always primary receiver on the passes he caught or if the primary receiver wasn't open so the ball ended up in Landry's hands. My guess is a little of both. He's targeted a lot because he's very consistent and can be trusted but I'm sure there were passes that ended up going to him where he wasn't the primary receiver.

Landry is not a burner.. but Landry is a Football Player, he makes people miss, it's not his fault that he has to dodge 4-5-6 defenders because other players aren't blocking. The first guy rarely tackles him, it's usually the 3rd and 4th guy that gets him down.

Being able to run all of the routes and being able to get open running all of the routes are two different things. Yesterday Parker had 4 receptions on maybe 7 targets? 3 of those targets were 50\50 balls and he wasn't open on either one of them. One he was able to take away from the defender. This is a great skill to have, but you can't build your offense of these types of passes. He's going to have to be able to get separation on a consistent basis if he's going to be our #1 guy.

The Dolphins have 53 players on the roster. They're all football players. I guess you don't remember the many times he's tried to juke someone one on one and failed.

Back
Top Bottom