Jarvis Landry contract discussion megathread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry contract discussion megathread

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Note from Moderator - Please put all further debates, discussions and articles (at least until he is actually offered a new contract) in this thread, we do not need 20 separate debates regarding when/if Landry should be offered an extension.

Many fans believe that extending Landry is a huge deal and one that should be done immediately. Honestly, I have fallen into that category as well. But is it really necessary now? The more you think about it, the more you start to wonder if what’s in the best interests of the Dolphins is to simply wait.
http://phinphanatic.com/2017/06/21/dolphins-might-better-served-waiting-jarvis-landry-contract/

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumor has it he is asking for Top 3 money at this point. I love me some Landry as much as anyone else, but at that price, it's better to see what the market dictates.

Easily my favorite dolphin but I offer 12mil per and not a penny more. If he wants to play out the year for 900k and risk injury then let him do him. Next year we can franchise him like the article says and open discussions again.

The problem here is that its a pretty foregone conclusion that Devante is about to be a monster. When that happens, if we've already given Jarvis his contract, we are basically forced to let Devante walk bc we will have too much money on the books with Stills and Landry...at least this is the way I see it. If im wrong please tell me bc I would love to be wrong here. I'm hoping we can keep all 3 of these guys for at least a few years but im not sure we can with all 3 playing at a high level. Truth be told though if Parker lives up to expectations, he will be more valuable as a true #1 than Landry could ever be

Rumor has it he is asking for Top 3 money at this point. I love me some Landry as much as anyone else, but at that price, it's better to see what the market dictates.

Completely conjecture at this point... just today I've read rumors that he is looking for top 3, top 7, and top 12 - which rumor is true? They're all rumors.

At any rate, I wait and see how things play out we DVP, the OL, Tannehill, etc. At worst, we franchise him and give ourselves another year to decide... with that said, I wouldn't be surprised if they got an extension done before all of that.

Completely conjecture at this point... just today I've read rumors that he is looking for top 3, top 7, and top 12 - which rumor is true? They're all rumors.

At any rate, I wait and see how things play out we DVP, the OL, Tannehill, etc. At worst, we franchise him and give ourselves another year to decide... with that said, I wouldn't be surprised if they got an extension done before all of that.

If he was asking for Top 12 he would already have gotten paid for sure by now. If he was asking for Top 7 he probably would have also already gotten paid.

Thanks how you know its really Top 3 he's asking for.

Top 3 money? Ridiculous.

Julio
Aj green
Antonio brown
Des Bryant
Odell

All clearly better. Then there's guys that had off years, injuries etc that all have higher ceilings. Guy can walk on franchise him.

If he was asking for Top 12 he would already have gotten paid for sure by now. If he was asking for Top 7 he probably would have also already gotten paid.

Thanks how you know its really Top 3 he's asking for.

This is complete conjecture on your part. And if I'm going to play that game with you, I will say that if he was getting offered top 7 money he would have jumped on it by now if they were giving a sizable amount of guarantees.

If you ask me, as a business person, it makes MORE sense to "lowball" the extension given they have at least this full season to make a decision (at which point franchising him would be a very reasonable solution to extend for another year). Essentially, they're *guessing* 1-2 years early, so it would make no sense for the team to offer him their max spend when they're doing it early - which is a basic benefit of "extending guys early".

He's probably getting a nice offer, but I'm guessing closer to top12 money with maybe a sizable guarantee. But he may be looking for something around 7th most money and that's why it hasn't gotten done yet.

This is a non-concern to me. The Gase lead Dolphins have shown they will take care of their own. Jarvis is Gase's most valuable player. He has said multiple times the rest of the team lives by what Jarvis does. This will get done.

I am also not concerned about Parker's contract. He is heading in to year 3, so we have him locked up for 3 season if we take the option next year. Hopefully he becomes a true number 1, so we have to decide to keep Kennys final season or resign him, but there are so many variables before then it's not worth even thinking about.

If Caroo can, somehow, prove to be the WR he was in college then I believe that they let Landry walk if he wants too much money. I believe he has the talent but not the heart as Landry. We shall see

If Caroo can, somehow, prove to be the WR he was in college then I believe that they let Landry walk if he wants too much money. I believe he has the talent but not the heart as Landry. We shall see

Also if Landry leaves, we'll get a low 3rd rd comp pick assuming his replacement is already on the team

Back
Top Bottom