Jarvis landry halftime speech | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis landry halftime speech

Hell yeah! That's the **** I like to hear! I was having my own temper tantrum at home throwing the cat around (j/k), but I am glad somebody stepped up and said something and we came out with more energy the 2nd half.

Awesome!!! Love to see that. This is why the Dolphins will end up paying the man!

images

Jarvis Landry’s fiery halftime speech last week was apparently quite an eye-opening experience. According to one Miami Dolphins player, it included “knocking stuff off a table” and an abundance of curse words.
“Oh, yeah, that was intense,” left tackle Laremy Tunsil said, nodding his head. “That was intense.”
Landry, the excitable fourth-year wide receiver, couldn’t stomach what he saw from his teammates in the first half of Sunday’s opener against the Los Angeles Chargers. So he let them know with words and actions.
“It was pretty aggressive,” tight end MarQueis Gray said.
And it was passionate.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...lphins-blog-jarvis-landry-20170922-story.html

Sounds like he really ripped them a new one. They weren't exactly lights out in the second half either but they got the W and that's all that matters.

This is the type of thing that makes me second guess my belief that he shouldn't be paid like a true #1...did it make a difference? Who knows but if it made one guy block harder on a play and save a sack or one guy get to the QB quicker and force a bad throw, that's something.

That's why you pay a guy like that the big money when his first contract comes up, because he's a good player, AND he has the ability to make those around him better. You get quite the bang for your buck in that situation.

I just couldn't imagine Landry on another team. It would be an epic failure to lose potentially the best receiver in Dolphins history. We talk a lot about his leadership and rightly so ,but the dude is a beast on the field. He bails out the QB time and time again. If he had 6-8 tds on average, I don't think it would be a thought to pay him. On top of his amazing hands, he blocks with the best of them. He has inspired the receivers (Parker mainly) to realize their tremendous potential. Sometimes there are players that are so much more than a great player for the team on the field. The fact that he has that much respect from the team at age 24 to be the team leader and make a speech a halftime speaks volumes of his value. Let's not make the same mistake like Welker and lose the games best slot receiver and a top 10 overall WR. Keep our strong positions together and let them grow. If we keep these 3 guys around for years, the passing game will have no limits on the receiving end. Parker, Landry, and Stills just keep getting better. His love for the game is something we need to keep rubbing off on all of the team. Ajayi, Landry, Parker, and Stills have to be the cornerstones of our offense. We could potentially become a top offense in the league sooner than later. PHINS UP!!

Back
Top Bottom