Jarvis Landry: No contract offer from Miami Dolphins, no problem | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry: No contract offer from Miami Dolphins, no problem

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
20170101-spt-doplhins-pats-25.jpg

The deadline Jarvis Landry set for any contract negotiations with the Dolphins is coming up, and if he has to play out the season under the final year of his rookie deal, he’s fine with that.
“This is the game I love. Obviously, that’s something that comes with it, but at the same time, I’m not going to rush God’s timing, and whenever it happens, it happens for me. And that’s what I believe in, and that’s what I have faith in, and that’s what I have trust in. I’ll just leave it in God’s hands.”
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ontract-offer-from-miami-dolphins-no-problem/

Classy statement. I think he trusts Gase and knows he'll get his. I believe it will get done to alls satisfaction.

It is so nice having a great coach again....haven't felt this way since Shula.

Jimmy is way overrated....Saban is a college/minor league coach who can't relate to pros.

So DeAndre Hopkins just signed an extnsion of 5 years $81 million with $49 million guaranteed. Should a Landry deal be higher or less? Love Landry, but I think Hopkins is the better/more impactful player.

So DeAndre Hopkins just signed an extnsion of 5 years $81 million with $49 million guaranteed. Should a Landry deal be higher or less? Love Landry, but I think Hopkins is the better/more impactful player.

Less, clearly. But I love Juice and he's handling it well. I hope he gets paid and gives the team a bit of a discount. I don't know where that $$$ falls but he'll have to take less to stay.

16 million AAV is just too rich for my blood. Hopkins has shown to be a dominant WR in all phases of the game whereas Landry is still primarily a slot guy.

Landry is a guy where AAV means a lot more because in theory, you would imagine that he will be a Dolphin for a very long time, potentially for the length of the contract, so you want to make sure you structure something that isn't so bloated at the end to where you are put in a position in 3 years where you may have to cut him if he doesn't restructure.

I still think the sweet spot is 5 years/62.5 million . . . if Miami was trying to resign him. But you know, maybe Jarvis plays into an even bigger payday this year, maybe he plays himself into a lesser one. Miami did well here by not rushing the extension, even if many others feel differently.

Kudos to Jarvis. I really like the way he handled things in that piece. I like that he said he showed up to OTAs because he's "the leader of this team". I like that he didn't fall for the trick question about being targeted enough by Cutler. I like that he said (about the trade rumors) that "that's all I needed to hear" from Gase. Hmmm. Perhaps the kid is maturing.

I figure Landry's agent and the Dolphins have had discussions, but Landry's asking price is a north of what Miami is willing to spend at the moment.

Jarvis's off the field issues need to be resolved. I don't buy the whole God's timing. He's a great player and an inspiration to the whole team, but the negotiation of his football contract isn't really God's plan - although he may believe it. His negotiators are allegedly expecting and demanding top 5 NFL wide receiver money. That puts him in the Antonio Brown, Julio Jones league and if we're honest, Jarvis doesn't score as many TDs as those guys.
Maybe it's a good thing that Jarvis needs to deliver to get the top money he expects. It also gives some time to fully resolve the off the field domestic violence allegations.

16 million AAV is just too rich for my blood. Hopkins has shown to be a dominant WR in all phases of the game whereas Landry is still primarily a slot guy.

Landry is a guy where AAV means a lot more because in theory, you would imagine that he will be a Dolphin for a very long time, potentially for the length of the contract, so you want to make sure you structure something that isn't so bloated at the end to where you are put in a position in 3 years where you may have to cut him if he doesn't restructure.

I still think the sweet spot is 5 years/62.5 million . . . if Miami was trying to resign him. But you know, maybe Jarvis plays into an even bigger payday this year, maybe he plays himself into a lesser one. Miami did well here by not rushing the extension, even if many others feel differently.
football player are just like me and you at work if you are a great worker and leader. you should get reward big money... the cap is going up every yr. he should be able to get 12 to 16m yr from dolphins are somebody else. the dolphins will wait until march to sign landry...the only thing might hurt juice is his off the field investigation....maybe that why he doesn't have his new deal....without juice we are 6-10 to 8-8 team

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom