Jarvis Landry says goodbye, thank you to South Florida in Dolphins exit | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry says goodbye, thank you to South Florida in Dolphins exit

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
landry.jpg

The trade that sent him to Cleveland in exchange for a fourth- and seventh-round pick became official this afternoon, and Landry posted an all-caps goodbye note to South Florida.
“MIAMI THANK YOU,” he wrote. “THE FANS, MY TEAMMATES.. FOR THE EXPERIENCE THESE PAST 4 YEARS. I CANT TELL YOU WHAT IT HAS MEANT TO ME AND MY FAMILY.”
Landry added that he is “forever grateful” to owner Stephen Ross, former general manager Dennis Hickey and former receivers coach Phil McGeoghan.”
He did not mention vice president Mike Tannenbaum, who handles player contracts, or coach Adam Gase. The season ended with Gase and Landry yelling at each other in the Kansas City and Gase calling Landry’s ejection in the finale one of the most embarrassing things he’s ever seen in a game.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...-thank-you-to-south-florida-in-dolphins-exit/

Good luck in Cleveland. Take that one year away and come back to Miami.

Sadly, he'll never be back as long as Gase is here (who was a glaring omission from this thank you).

I'm still in shock that i'll be rooting for Danny Amendola in his spot this year.

Sadly, he'll never be back as long as Gase is here (who was a glaring omission from this thank you).

I'm still in shock that i'll be rooting for Danny Amendola in his spot this year.

Yeah, because Gase was such an a$$ for asking the players to know their playbook. Reminds me of a coworker who said to me that for the $9 an hour the company was paying her, she would show up, but she wasn’t going to do anything. We don’t need selfish players who demand a certain amount of catches or they will be difficult. We need team players who are more interested in team wins than individual stats that may boost their salary demands. 50 million guaranteed? Yeah, right.

Last edited:
i liked Landry, just didn't think he was worth 16 mill... i wish him well

Landry is Salty. He’s going to have 800 yards and 5 touchdowns this year making 14 million? He should be thanking everyone he just hit the Cleveland power ball

Juice may regret the way he played this. $50 million guaranteed is a non-starter. I’m sure he’ll manage on $16 million though. Lol

I like how everyone is throwing comparative darkness...wait that's not right...i believe it's called shade yes shade...everyone is throwing shade, to a player who played out his contract and never held out like Jones (2x), stayed healthy and gave 100%. each and every game. If he feels he's worth 16 million who are we to tell him no he's not. Do I want the Dolphins to pay that, god no but if the man can get it from someone or close to it than more power to him. These guys go through hell to step on the field and when they are done playing nobody is going to care if they can't pick up their kids, or even lose the ability to walk whether permanent or temporary--Jake long.

Good luck Landry, you will definitely be missed. Go kill it in Cleveland except when you play the Dolphins.

I like how everyone is throwing comparative darkness...wait that's not right...i believe it's called shade yes shade...everyone is throwing shade, to a player who played out his contract and never held out like Jones (2x), stayed healthy and gave 100%. each and every game. If he feels he's worth 16 million who are we to tell him no he's not. Do I want the Dolphins to pay that, god no but if the man can get it from someone or close to it than more power to him. These guys go through hell to step on the field and when they are done playing nobody is going to care if they can't pick up their kids, or even walk anymore--Jake long.

Good luck Landry, you will definitely be missed. Go kill it in Cleveland except when you play the Dolphins.

50 million guaranteed is a lot for sure, but it is no reason to diminish what he has meant to this organization.

I think it is a much bigger hit from a relationship standpoint, between Miami and its fans.

Sure us hardcore fans can overanalyze his stats and if it can be replicated, etc. But Jarvis was the first player in a VERY long time (Probably Ricky) who actually had a connection with younger fans and younger fans knew who Juice was . . . And for an organization that is slowly becoming less and less relevant due to an overall lack of success and lack of connection between former success and younger fans . . . He was a guy that made kids say “Juice!” When he made a catch, or got a first down or whatever . . . Young fans knew who he was and I found that very refreshing.

He WAS the face of this franchise for many, and Miami should of done a better job ensuring he remained that way for many years. They handled this whole thing very poorly and hopefully they learn from their missteps.

Should have paid Landry. He wants to win. Maybe if Gase took this new stance from the beginning Landry and the rest of the team would have been more accountable. Now they expect these FAs to buy in just because they bought into their previous regime’s culture? The “plug and play” guy rarely works out. Change is difficult for anyone to embrace. They bring what made them successful in the past and if Gase isn’t doing the same then they’ll question it. Gase is going to find it much harder to reprogram an almost 29 year old he never coached than building through the draft, resigning (even if overpaying) young producers on their 2nd contract (like Landry), and accumulating more and more picks to build a culture. He’s not going to build a culture with guys who turn 31 in 2 years and have 1 foot out the door. This is why Cleveland is being said to look more promising than Miami. They’re young, built through the draft and still have cap space because of it. Landry was a fan favorite. I’d have loved it if they kept Landry, hit the restart button and had an honest conversation about their expectations going forward and their no-nonsense attitude toward holding each player accountable. Then give him a contract that backs up those expectation.

They didn’t, instead they’d continue to make poor personnel decisions. Building with injury prone, past their prime players who showed high upside at one point but will fizzle out. They could at least see what Carroo and Grant could do behind Parker and Stills. Albert Wilson was a 3rd string WR with a reputation that he lacked focus. But he got his shot in week 17 because Conley was out and they sat Hill. They had no one else to throw to and he seized the opportunity. Fins took the bait and caught themselves an overpaid mediocre player. Fins spin it as a culture change. Fans accept and move on. But I’m here to tell you, no rational minded football fan does that. Stop being a fanatic. Embrace the fact that until Tannenbaum is gone, Miami will be mediocre. They’ll burn through coaches and players. And us fans will continue waiting for the day that Miami figures it out. I just want it to be sooner than later. Too many missed opportunities.

Landry gave us 4 years and I enjoyed watching him play but their last game against the Bills that I saw live told me it was time to move on once Landry came with his outrageous demands. He still has a lot of growing up to do to be a real football player and Gase had had enough so it was best he moved on.

Good luck in Cleveland Landry and I wish you success.

Gase's frustrations ran deep with Landry not knowing and executing his job properly and boiled over at the end of the year. Landry not thanking Gase shows his immaturity.

We have moved on to smarter receivers who will know their assignments and do what they are asked to do.

I like how everyone is throwing comparative darkness...wait that's not right...i believe it's called shade yes shade...everyone is throwing shade, to a player who played out his contract and never held out like Jones (2x), stayed healthy and gave 100%. each and every game. If he feels he's worth 16 million who are we to tell him no he's not. Do I want the Dolphins to pay that, god no but if the man can get it from someone or close to it than more power to him. These guys go through hell to step on the field and when they are done playing nobody is going to care if they can't pick up their kids, or even lose the ability to walk whether permanent or temporary--Jake long.

I completely agree. One of the biggest surprises for me is that, as soon as a player dares ask for money or looks to be leaving, they suddenly become a pariah to a large (or at least, vocal) portion of the fanbase. The guy gave everything he had on every play, and will be one of my favourite Dolphins for a long time.
I hope he does well in Cleveland. I'll watch some of their games to see how he's doing.

Back
Top Bottom