Jarvis Landry says goodbye, thank you to South Florida in Dolphins exit | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry says goodbye, thank you to South Florida in Dolphins exit

I stand by my previous statements those last two games did him in here.

You have to honeslty ask yourself the question would you be comfortable paying that type of guranteed money to a player after that Bills game? You think he would be controlled if things went bad and he also had that guranteed contract? - I know my answer.

50 million guaranteed is a lot for sure, but it is no reason to diminish what he has meant to this organization.

I think it is a much bigger hit from a relationship standpoint, between Miami and its fans.

Sure us hardcore fans can overanalyze his stats and if it can be replicated, etc. But Jarvis was the first player in a VERY long time (Probably Ricky) who actually had a connection with younger fans and younger fans knew who Juice was . . . And for an organization that is slowly becoming less and less relevant due to an overall lack of success and lack of connection between former success and younger fans . . . He was a guy that made kids say “Juice!” When he made a catch, or got a first down or whatever . . . Young fans knew who he was and I found that very refreshing.

He WAS the face of this franchise for many, and Miami should of done a better job ensuring he remained that way for many years. They handled this whole thing very poorly and hopefully they learn from their missteps.
I understand where you are coming from. In the end, I just believe Jarvis didn't want to be a Dolphin anymore and that's all there is to it. There was no way for him to mend the relationship with Gase and play for him.

Gase's frustrations ran deep with Landry not knowing and executing his job properly and boiled over at the end of the year. Landry not thanking Gase shows his immaturity.

We have moved on to smarter receivers who will know their assignments and do what they are asked to do.

Gase goes out an does a re do of his coaching staff and also has coaches above to assist and then these player moves.

That tells me he was embarrassed with the execution and assignments on the field as well he should have been.

You better believe he is going to make sure his offense knows what to do and is prepared this year- or die trying.

I understand where you are coming from. In the end, I just believe Jarvis didn't want to be a Dolphin anymore and that's all there is to it. There was no way for him to mend the relationship with Gase and play for him.

I think he wanted to be a Dolphin. Absolutely. He loved it down here and he is very active with events down here.

But the Dolphins put themselves in a cap position to where he was no longer able to be kept.

They signed all these guys last offseason and Juice didn’t even get an offer. That is insane.

And then most teams they franchise a guy like Jarvis and have enough cap space to negotiate something longterm come June. Of course we don’t have that cap space so you cant even hostage that money until June where you can lower the cap hit via extension.

Tannenbaum looked at Jarvis’ base, like he looked at OV’s base, like he looked at Lamar Miller’s base and said “I ain’t raising that, I can buy other stuff and deal with it later”

And that ultimately soured Jarvis, all season, but yet he came to play and produce, and became a Go To option in the redzone while all these expensive groceries Gase brought in (Cutler, Thomas) did ****.

He was mad, and yea maybe that is some immaturity on his part . . . But Miami **** the bed and now we bring in two WRs with a 14 million AAV but because you can fudge the cap in year one to screw us later, they are better fits than Jarvis who was a direct hit to a poor cap in 2018.

We are a mess, and I can say winning cures all, but who am I to predict we start winning when we are so lost at the top.

why shouldn't he be thankful? he put up some great numbers here, a few pro bowls and would be a good compliment to any offense that needs a chain mover, and he's about to get a huge fat paycheck that should last his family generations.

I love Jarvis Landry.

One of my favorite players on the team.

If he knew all his assignments and executed them correctly, and if he didn't have an issue maturely channeling his emotions and energy, we would have signed him to his ridiculous demands and retained him long term.

Market determines what a player is worth. Not Fans, not coaches. If Cleveland signs him for 15+ then he’s earned it and his “demands” will have been justified. Keep in mind what Robinson and Watkins just received on the market. I’d argue Landry should get more based on production and durability. He also got paid less than 4 million TOTAL over 4 years for 400 catches, 4,000 yards and 23 TDs of previous production. He didn’t hold out. I’d argue it looks like he got taken advantage of. What kind of message are they sending other underpaid players for producing? Why should they trust Miami will reward them? Maybe he should have held out. Maybe more players will. Redefining their culture, right? They reward the new FA off another team? What lessons are being learned by players? What are they being conditioned to think? It’s not a good way to restart.

Last edited:
Did the dolphins trick landry or did he outsmart himself by signing the Franchise tag? Once he did that, power reverted back to the Dolphins who promptly traded him. Just asking.

Did the dolphins trick landry or did he outsmart himself by signing the Franchise tag? Once he did that, power reverted back to the Dolphins who promptly traded him. Just asking.

Had to be under contract to be traded. Once they gave him the OK to find a willing trade partner he knew he was leaving if he found a viable team.

Juice may regret the way he played this. $50 million guaranteed is a non-starter. I’m sure he’ll manage on $16 million though. Lol
Can we please stop saying Landry wanted 16M a year. Dolphins turn down 4 years 58M that is 14.5 a year. 15.9 was the franchise tag. Gase didn't like him.. You need a football IQ to play for Gase. He don't care about great players that work there ass off. I don't blame T-Bum... Gase was the one here. If Gase wanted him. He be signed 3 months ago at 4 years 58M

The player has little power once a team franchises him. He could not sign and try to hold out and miss games(up to 10 before losing an accrued season), but then the team can slap it on him the following year if they wanted to.
Once the tag was slapped on him, we owned his rights for at least a year.

Had to be under contract to be traded. Once they gave him the OK to find a willing trade partner he knew he was leaving if he found a viable team.
But once he signed that contract, he had no say on where he went, reports are he did not want to go to the Browns. Wouldn't it have been smarter for him to speak to the Dolphins let them work out a trade and then sign the contract to a team he wanted to go to instead of signing beforehand giving up his leverage.

But once he signed that contract, he had no say on where he went, reports are he did not want to go to the Browns. Wouldn't it have been smarter for him to speak to the Dolphins let them work out a trade and then sign the contract to a team he wanted to go to instead of signing beforehand giving up his leverage.

No other team was willing to meet his contract demands

Back
Top Bottom