Jarvis Landry says he wants to play for Dolphins next season, but | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry says he wants to play for Dolphins next season, but

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
0807-jarvis-landry-getty-2.jpg

Wide receiver Jarvis Landry, who is in the fourth and final year of his contract, said Wednesday that he wants to play for the Miami Dolphins next season. But it wasn’t an unconditional statement.
“Of course,” he said. “I love Miami. My family’s here in Miami. The fan base is here in Miami. The relationships, this building, this organization, I want to be here. I’ve always believed in being a guy that plays for one team. With that, I hope that opportunity presents itself.
“But obviously getting what you deserve and everything, this is what I work for. So we’ll see.”
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-landry-20171227-story.html

11mil tops that's only because of his passion. Anything above that I'm happy to invest in other needed positions.

Yeah right Landry, just come out and say it..........money money money moneeeey

Make him a fair offer. Don't under pay or over pay....and don't try to get a home team discount.

If someone else wants to drastically overpay him....you have to let him go.

Would really like to see him re-signed, but can't support over paying to do it.

Yeah right Landry, just come out and say it..........money money money moneeeey

That's how it should be. This is their career and Most only have a limited time to accumulate as much as they can before injury or age ends it.

If Miami offers only a little less, I hope he takes it, but if another team offers him a lot more and we don't match, I don't blame him one bit for moving on. Good for him.

We'll see if the Dolphins are stupid or not.

Let's see if we lose another one of the rare players that we draft and actually pan out for us. Still haven't replaced Vernon.
Letting Vernon go was the right choice, his production does not warrant that huge contract... Same could be said about Branch though.

Make him a fair offer. Don't under pay or over pay....and don't try to get a home team discount.

Sounds good, but he will be overpaid if we want to retain him.

He should get as big a check as somebody is willing to pay him.

Letting Vernon go was the right choice, his production does not warrant that huge contract... Same could be said about Branch though.

Not at all imo, we could have tagged him and probably worked out a better contract than the one he got from NY. The problem was we never tagged him, not the good tag anyway (same with Charles Clay). Now we need defensive ends because Wake is old and about washed up, Hayes is no longer a Miami Dolphin, Branch had a disappointing season, and Harris lacks production and run support ability right now. OV may not be a world beater, but he is young and well rounded as a 4-3 end, coincidentally exactly what this team needs right now despite all the resources we have used trying to replace him...

I continue to think Landry is all about top 5 money. If so, I'm pessimistic

This is a tough situation. I guess a lot of it comes down to the price tag. I would like to see the bigger salaries spent on the lines.

We are definitely losing Landry. We are the Laughing stock of football. That's normal

Back
Top Bottom